Code of Conduct

Default Hi gentlemen:). If I like these frags, what scents, incl. niche wud u recommend?

Hey guys,

Um, haven't really posted too much on the male discussion threads. The ladies side is slow. You all need to get your wives/gfs on here.

But anyway!

Some of my fave scents are Polo Double Black, Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce, Chanel Egoiste, Egoiste Platinum..

so, what would you recommend I sniff? And, I haven't smelled any male niche scents at all yet, so curious about those too.

Thanks a lot guys!.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Default Re: Hi gentlemen:). If I like these frags, what scents, incl. niche wud u recommend?

Bond No.9 New Haarlem
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Millesime Imperial
    Creed Green Irish Tweed

Banned

Default Re: Hi gentlemen:). If I like these frags, what scents, incl. niche wud u recommend?

Black Orchid by Tom Ford

Oh and male scents of course, these would be for my husband.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Banned

but it is ...

Banned

otherwise ... try:

Fumidus by Profumum - One is initally treated to a dram of aromatic scotch whisky, with its tempered harshness harnessed by the indolic sweetness of peat. A nascent, barnyardy aroma of cigar tabacco peeks through as well as a hint of abrading iodine. Medicinal birch bark elbows itself into the mix with its medicinal, wintergreen character and its hint of effervescent birch beer. The sweet, minty intrusion nicely counterbalances the sharpness of the scotch accord. Magical vetiver joins the fray with its rich earthiness and deep muskiness. A strong smokiness envelops the comforting blend. The robust vetiver likewise imparts its syrup, hay and tabacco offerings. A faint armpit body odor and dank woodiness also present. A titillating drydown ensues. This manly composition has excellent projection and longevity - easy on the trigger is the catchphrase here

I would say look into these ones for starters based on your tastes:

Creed's Aventus
    Penhaligon's OPUS 1870
    Bois 1920's Sushi Imperiale
    Costume National's 21
    Serge Luten's Gris Clair
    Le Labo's Rose 31

If you want a few that are still safe but are a bit richer than the aforementioned, I would recommend these myself:

Puredistance's M
    Amouge's Jubilation XXV
    Lubin's Idole EDP
    Histoires de Parfums' Ambre 114
    Bond no 9's Silver Factory

If you want to try a few that are a bit more distinct/challenging, but outstanding nonetheless, I'd hunt down some samples of these (but if any of these are your first time trying out niche, remember to test them on skin, and allow at least 30-45 minutes breathing time before you make a judgement on any of them):

Tom Ford's Noir de Noir
    Serge Lutens' Musc Koublai Khan
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian's Absolue Pour le Soir
    Frapin's 1697
    Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur
    Tauer's L'Air du Desert Marocain
    Montale's Dark Aoud
    Last edited by Partario; 1st March 2012 at 12:31 AM.

Look into some of these houses

Serge Lutens
    Frederic Malle
    Montale
    L'Artisan Parfumeur
    Bond No.9
    Creed
    Comme des Gracon
    Amouage
    Le Labo
    Tom Ford PB

Thanks guys!. Will check these out.

Among the best designer masculines, be sure to check out Dior Homme and Chanel Sycomore (which you may have to head to a Chanel boutique to find).

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    Bond No.9 New Haarlem
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Millesime Imperial
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    exactly what I would say
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Definitely Aventus

Rive Gauche

If you like Egoiste I recommend an upgrade to Bois Des Iles.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Second Chanel Bois des isles. It was the perfume from which Egoiste was derived.

cacio

Acqua di Parma - Colonia Essenza (for a happy, fresh lush summer)
    Bond no9 - Great Jones (Alpha-male, retro vibe)
    Hermes - Vetiver Tonka (Smooth Operator)
    Houbigant - Fougere Royale (Forest in a bottle)
    Tom Ford - Noir de Noir (Sexy Patchouli)

Aventus
    Mont Blanc Legend

If you have never smelt any niche before I would recommend testing some Creed as it is commonly available