Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default Having hard time choosing!

Hi everyone , i am new into the fragrance world , i used to have Swiss army , and Lacoste Homme , but my bottle of Lacoste homme is almost empty and my Gf doesnt smell it anymore , even with 4-5 sprays... so i am going to buy 2 bottles
    -One for summer / spring and another for colder months

i really love the smell of YSL l'homme but i heard alot of bad things about longevity and projection , so i am not sure if its worth it. i tested a few fragrance on my skin at sephora and La baie ,
    - D&G pour homme was nice and lasted almost all day , but its an old fragrance that alot of people use i think.

- Dior homme sport , it was nice but not amazing. ill have to recheck this one

- Issey Miyake l'eau d'issey was way to floral for me , it felt almost feminin , it was a nice scent but a bit floral

- i tried the intense version of l'eau d'issey and it was alot better but didnt last on my skin long enough.

-i tried Guerlain l'homme - Nice opening but for short time turns into wood / floral , didnt last long and wasnt amazing smells woody and i have to smell it up close on me to notice really i have fragrance on me

Boss bottled Nuit(Black bottle) boss turned weird after a 15 min and turned very good later like 2 hours after. weird....even my gf liked it passed 2 hours. the first spray was good but 15 min after it smelled weird.

Bleu de chanel i like the woody smell when it dries , not sure about the projection

i want to smell Terre d'hermes but i dont know where i can find it near montreal in canada.

Not sure if you guys can help me finding the right bottle

i want one with versatility for spring and summer night / day with nice projection

and another for winter with good projection and versatility (dailywear)

Thanks alot for your help , i am slowly starting to get addicted to smelling fragrances , i go to the drugsstore / shop almost every time after my job to test new ones :-)

sorry for my english , i speak french and my english is very bad! hope you can understand

Default Re: Having hard time choosing!

Burberry London perhaps

Hello !

Winter:
    L'Instant de Guerlain (Extreme or not)
    Versace The Dreamer
    Bvlgari Black
    Chanel Egoiste
    Dior Homme
    Comme des Garcons 2 Man

Summer:
    Nautica - Voyage
    Yves Saint Laurent - Live Jazz
    Kenzo - Power Cologne
    Creed - Aventus

Chanel EB for summer
    Boss Bottled #6 for winter

Bvlgari aqva, versace PH, kenzo PH, nautica voyage

Basenotes Member

i wouldnt mind going into higher price bottles , but is it worth it ? i heard bond no 9 and creed are good but they justify the price?

i also like the *lets collect nice fragrance* to have a collection and change from day to day or its a bad idea ? like buy 1 bottle eveyr month ?

Banned

spring/summer:

Versace Man Eau Fraiche by Versace - Upon application, one is treated to a zesty, citrus scent, furnished by the lemon and bergamot, combining with a sweet fruitiness, supplied by the exotic carambola. This invigorating opening floats on an air of sweet woodiness from the rosewood, and imparts a spirited freshness. Transitioning to the middle, a concoction of dry, cedar leaves, faint licorice from the tarragon, spicy pepper and hint of sage eclipses the opening. This wonderful heart stews a bit, then segues to the comforting base. A light woodiness from the sycamore commingles with the sweet amber and musk, accented by the freshness from the saffron floral to provide a refreshing drydown. This spring and summer composition has average longevity and projection.

fall/winter:

Fahrenheit Absolute by Christian Dior - Any similarity to its ancestral Farhrenit is left by the wayside in its opening; this is not a bad thing, inasmuch as this challenging fragrance indeed stands on its own extraordinary merits. The opening is a beautiful violet leaf, toned down by the additon of alluring myrrh, giving the impression of a darkened house of worship, after service, with vases of lovely violets scattered here and there. The heart with its smoky frankincense, a light oud and kisses of leather, beckons and subsumes the violet and myrrh into a warm melange. With the violet still twinkling here and there, this mixtture segues into the comforting base with the its dark cedar and agarwood, tempered nicely by coumarin with its tonka bean vanilla. Evoking a dark yet mellow character, this somewhat avant-garde composition is well done. Being a cool weather and evening scent, it has very good longevity and projection.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hopscotchy View Post
    i also like the *lets collect nice fragrance* to have a collection and change from day to day or its a bad idea ? like buy 1 bottle eveyr month ?
    It is a great idea !!! Rotating your scents is good so you do not get bored with the same fragrance day after day.

L'Instant de Guerlain
    Versace The Dreamer
    Bvlgari Black
    Chanel Egoiste
    Dior Homme
    Creed Aventus
    VIW
    MI
    Bond no9 bleeker street
    Chez bonds
    Fire Island

Sound Scents

I think you are on the right track seeking out Terre d'Hermes. It can be worn year round, smells incredible, is reasonably priced and should not be difficult to find.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie