Code of Conduct

Default Midnight in Paris compared to Armani Code

I know a lot of people state that MIP smells a lot like Bvlgari Black and Dior Homme.

Recently I have read a few places that it smells like Armani Code...which I really like.

No stores around here sale MIP so I can't test it.... What do you guys think are there any similarities to Armani code????

Default Re: Midnight in Paris compared to Armani Code

Not to me.

To me neither. I really like MiP but I don't care about Armani Code at all...

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Not to me.
    Nor me. I would test this one, rather than rely on supposed similarities to other scents.

They smell different to me, MiP is the better of the two

Sound Scents

Nor to me.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    Nor me. I would test this one, rather than rely on supposed similarities to other scents.
    Ok cool...I will order a sample for $4 from luckyscents.com....is luckyscents any good????

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    Ok cool...I will order a sample for $4 from luckyscents.com....is luckyscents any good????
    yes luckyscents and theperfumecourt are good for samples

Armani Code smells like cola to me (roughly) and MiP smells like powdery vanilla leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    yes luckyscents and theperfumecourt are good for samples
    Cool thanks for the info man.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    Armani Code smells like cola to me (roughly) and MiP smells like powdery vanilla leather.
    Armani Code smells pretty good too me I didn't buy just samples some stuff in Macy's. The longevity was crazy. Sprayed in on at 3:30, washed the wrist I put it on by accident, went to the gym for 2hrs sweating crazy, and I could still smell the scent.

Go with MiP

I can understand the comparisons to Bvlgari Black and maybe a tiny bit of Dior Homme. However, the first time I smelled Midnight in Paris I immediately thought of Armani Code. The only thing keeping them from being identical is the lack of star anise in MIP. It gives Code a licorice kind of smell, which is absent in MiP. Code and MiP are both sweet, powdery scents. I'd say MiP is much more similar to Code than it is to Bvlgari Black or Dior Homme. The thing is, if MiP had a rubber note, it would smell just like Black. If it had anise in it, it would smell just like Code. I prefer MiP ove Code b/c MiP lasts 6-8 hours, whereas Code lasts 4-5 hours and sticks incredibly close to the skins.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I can understand the comparisons to Bvlgari Black and maybe a tiny bit of Dior Homme. However, the first time I smelled Midnight in Paris I immediately thought of Armani Code. The only thing keeping them from being identical is the lack of star anise in MIP. It gives Code a licorice kind of smell, which is absent in MiP. Code and MiP are both sweet, powdery scents. I'd say MiP is much more similar to Code than it is to Bvlgari Black or Dior Homme. The thing is, if MiP had a rubber note, it would smell just like Black. If it had anise in it, it would smell just like Code. I prefer MiP ove Code b/c MiP lasts 6-8 hours, whereas Code lasts 4-5 hours and sticks incredibly close to the skins.
    Cool man...love the insight you gave on this. Based on your description the 2 are very similar. Glad you shed more light on it because I was about to go and get Code tomorrow, but something told me to wait and try MiP first for some reason.

Code does smell good to me....and if MiP smells better I'm sure I will like. I don't believe in blind buy's tho therefore..

I just ordered a decant from perfumedcourts.com it was the EdT.

Which last 6-8hrs with MiP the EdT or EdP???

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    Cool man...love the insight you gave on this. Based on your description the 2 are very similar. Glad you shed more light on it because I was about to go and get Code tomorrow, but something told me to wait and try MiP first for some reason.

Code does smell good to me....and if MiP smells better I'm sure I will like. I don't believe in blind buy's tho therefore..

I just ordered a decant from perfumedcourts.com it was the EdT.

Which last 6-8hrs with MiP the EdT or EdP???
    The EDT lasts 6-8 hours. The EDP lasts longer I hear. Also, they smell the same to me. I don't see much difference between the EDT and EDP but I've only worn the EDP once. I also have to tell you that Code is more masculine smelling than MiP b/c of that star anise, if that matters. I prefer MiP over Code personally.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

The EDT lasts 6-8 hours. The EDP lasts longer I hear. Also, they smell the same to me. I don't see much difference between the EDT and EDP but I've only worn the EDP once. I also have to tell you that Code is more masculine smelling than MiP b/c of that star anise, if that matters. I prefer MiP over Code personally.
    Ok cool thanks for the input. I've read that MiP is more unisex but that really doesn't bother me. Ready for my sample to arrive....if it smells good on my skin I'm gonna get a bottle.

Vicks Vapor Rub ftw tho....lol.

Haha yeah good ol' Vicks

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I had gifted my Armani Code to my father and MIP EDP has been a very safe replacement for it. I only smell the resemblance in through the opening. It then dries down to its own identity. Really great stuff and 4.2oz EDP for less than US $50, a damn good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by killerloop View Post
    I had gifted my Armani Code to my father and MIP EDP has been a very safe replacement for it. I only smell the resemblance in through the opening. It then dries down to its own identity. Really great stuff and 4.2oz EDP for less than US $50, a damn good deal.
    Yeah I do smell the similarities in the opening the dry down's are different. As you can see I did go with the MiP as it smells fantastic that tea note really comes through the more I wear...and I really like it.

I just wanted to slightly revise what I said before, Armani Code is much closer to MiP than Bulgari Black to me, so much so that I sold Code and kept MiP to replace it, but I felt I could keep Black.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    I just wanted to slightly revise what I said before, Armani Code is much closer to MiP than Bulgari Black to me, so much so that I sold Code and kept MiP to replace it, but I felt I could keep Black.
    Yeah they're (MiP and Code) very similar in the opening and the middle the base does change.

Other than the leather I really don't detect much of a similarity between MiP and BB.

I own both and although they share a note or two in the opening, they are not very similar. Armani Code is the brighter/lighter of the two, with the anise being distinctive. It has more citrus/spice as well. On the other hand, MiP (edp) is darker, more floral, rounder and richer, with a different mid and base. I find Armani Code more 'masculine' than MiP, which can easily be unisex. Both have above average longevity on my skin.
    Last edited by thehighend; 12th December 2013 at 02:14 AM.

The heart and especially drydown on AC resembles the tonka"Vanilla" note on MIP EDP, don't know about Edt as I don't own it...that's the only similarities but very noticeable this note is on both.. though cause I notice it too...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "