Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 39 of 39
  1. #1
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    45

    Default Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Has anyone smelt out the new AHSEE yet? If so, what are you impressions on it?

    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/C...eme-14669.html

  2. #2

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    I really want to try this. Does anyone know the release date and what store it will be sold at?
    sb[]p

  3. #3

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    It's on the Chanel website so it's probably available at Chanel stores.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men


  5. #5
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    78,411

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    It should be appearing at some large department stores soon.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    I kinda hate how the new trend seems to be take a classic and amp it up with extreme and squeeze more money out of it.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    I kinda hate how the new trend seems to be take a classic and amp it up with extreme and squeeze more money out of it.
    Yes but you can say the same about Allure Homme Sport. People were probably complaining about messing with the original Allure to create Allure Homme Sport. But look what happened, the flanker turned out to be a classic among a new generation.

    So you never know...the Extreme version could be exactly what some people are looking for. It could become a new classic with a huge following. Or it could be a half-assed attempt to squeeze more money out of a successful product. Still worth a sniff either way to decide for yourself

  8. #8

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Bought a bottle here in town last thursday.
    Seen it in several other stores today as well.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Quote Originally Posted by Cylob View Post
    Bought a bottle here in town last thursday.
    Seen it in several other stores today as well.
    What do you think of it? Do you like it better than the original?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Yes but you can say the same about Allure Homme Sport. People were probably complaining about messing with the original Allure to create Allure Homme Sport. But look what happened, the flanker turned out to be a classic among a new generation.

    So you never know...the Extreme version could be exactly what some people are looking for. It could become a new classic with a huge following. Or it could be a half-assed attempt to squeeze more money out of a successful product. Still worth a sniff either way to decide for yourself
    You`r right. Chanel Allure homme Sport is the no.1 best selling Chanel fragrance for men. That`s the fact eighter we like it or not.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Quote Originally Posted by kappaz View Post
    What do you think of it? Do you like it better than the original?
    I absolutely love it. It's a very warm and long lasting fragrance. Not as loud as the original (which I own and love as well though).
    Especially love the tonka beans and the woody base which give it a very warm character. Also the mint in the opening is subtle compared to the citrus blast in the opening of the original AHS.
    Definitely not getting the toothpaste vibe someone else mentioned here, thank god. Been wearing it a few times now and couldn't stop sniffing my hand, haha!
    Do test it though, because I'm a bit of a Chanel junkie, so my opinion is not very objective...

  12. #12

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Quote Originally Posted by Cylob View Post
    I absolutely love it. It's a very warm and long lasting fragrance. Not as loud as the original (which I own and love as well though).
    Especially love the tonka beans and the woody base which give it a very warm character. Also the mint in the opening is subtle compared to the citrus blast in the opening of the original AHS.
    Definitely not getting the toothpaste vibe someone else mentioned here, thank god. Been wearing it a few times now and couldn't stop sniffing my hand, haha!
    Do test it though, because I'm a bit of a Chanel junkie, so my opinion is not very objective...
    I guess there is still hope.....Thanks for the info.....Gary

  13. #13

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Quote Originally Posted by Cylob View Post
    I absolutely love it. It's a very warm and long lasting fragrance. Not as loud as the original (which I own and love)...
    I never found the original to be loud that is why the created this Eau Extreme ....

  14. #14

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I never found the original to be loud that is why the created this Eau Extreme ....
    The use of "Extreme" may be a little misleading.

    AHSEE smells totally different to AHS and is much more subtle.

  15. #15
    Super Member xiuxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    152

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    I'll have to try this for sure. I'm not allergic to sport scents like everyone else here. I actually really like Armani Code Sport. mmm lemony

    *ducks*

  16. #16

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Quote Originally Posted by TMA View Post
    The use of "Extreme" may be a little misleading.

    AHSEE smells totally different to AHS and is much more subtle.
    Got mine today (ordered via chanel.com). Agree with above. I like it!

  17. #17

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    I haven't seen it at my local department stores yet. Does anyone know if it's an exclusive to a certain store like Macy's or Nordstrom for the launch?

  18. #18

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I never found the original to be loud that is why the created this Eau Extreme ....
    The citrus in the opening was pretty loud to my nose. Which wasn't a problem though...

  19. #19

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Quote Originally Posted by TMA View Post
    The use of "Extreme" may be a little misleading.

    AHSEE smells totally different to AHS and is much more subtle.
    Still need to sample this for Sport was designed to be a subtle everyday active mans version of Allure Homme

  20. #20

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    I can't convince myself to bllnd buy this, but I am really curious to try it - waiting for it to pop up at Macy's......
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

  21. #21

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Would not blind buy.

    It's a good scent but I can see some folks being letdown with this.

  22. #22
    Basenotes Junkie mikesc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    919

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    So far still not out in the local stores like Macy's/Dillards/Sephora. Looked for it today.

  23. #23
    Super Member xiuxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    152

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men



    Cool ad.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Tried this today at work, was not happy To me it smells like refined Ben Gay... maybe it was just my first impression.. but it does not bode well.
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

  25. #25

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOpera View Post
    Tried this today at work, was not happy To me it smells like refined Ben Gay... maybe it was just my first impression.. but it does not bode well.
    Wow!!! Have you had your nose checked lately??? Seriously, if that's what you're getting...you might want to have a physician take a look at it.

    It's similar to Allure Sport, only replace the lemon scent with a slight mint and pepper vibe. If that equates to Ben Gay, then Ben Gay has been reformulated. BIG TIME!

    When others mention how it is "subtle" compared to Allure Homme Sport, I think they're strictly talking about the opening. It doesn't open as loud as AHS with it's "fresh lemon burst", but the projection and longevity of the Eau Extreme is actually a bit better than the original....at least on my skin. I'm very impressed by not only the scent (which is very nice), but by the longevity of this one.

  26. #26

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Waiting for my local Bay store SA to call me so I can try it out

  27. #27
    Dependent
    chrisbar1104's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    1,251

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Quote Originally Posted by kappaz View Post
    What do you think of it? Do you like it better than the original?
    Better than the original? Yes. But this frag still doesn't do the job.
    "The most beautiful sea hasn’t been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasn’t grown up yet. The most beautiful days we haven’t seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I haven’t said yet…"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

  28. #28

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    god this fragrance is such a pile of crap. In other news I just bought a 200ml flacon of Sycomore and couldn't be happier.

  29. #29
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Mitten
    Posts
    249

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Seent it today at Macy's here in Grand Rapids, MI. At first smell I didn't care for it all that much. I may go back, because I actually like the Issey Sport and I am considering buying it. So when I do, I can actually try a spray of AHSEE on my skin rather than just the paper.

    Those that said they did not see it at Macy's, it looks exactly the same as AHS, I asked the SA about it and they grabbed it for me. The bottle is the same as AHS, but has Eau Extreme at the bottom.
    TOP PICKS
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille Creed Silver Mountain Water Creed Millesime Imperial
    Gucci Pour Homme II YSL La Nuit de L'homme Versace The Dreamer
    Burberry London YSL L'homme L'occitane Eau Des Baux

  30. #30

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Gonna go and sample this soon. I like Allure Homme Sport and Edition Blanche, but not enough to buy bottles of them. Wonder if this one will be a good frag.

  31. #31
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Mitten
    Posts
    249

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    On the paper slip, it appeared to be quite different than any of the Allures. I could be mistaken though since I was also smelling quite a few other fragrances.
    TOP PICKS
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille Creed Silver Mountain Water Creed Millesime Imperial
    Gucci Pour Homme II YSL La Nuit de L'homme Versace The Dreamer
    Burberry London YSL L'homme L'occitane Eau Des Baux

  32. #32

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Bought this one blind as a bat.
    Just got it via UPS this morning and
    wore it as my SOTD, and I really like it...a lot.

    I don't think I'm going out on too much of a limb
    by saying it's the best fragrance in the Allure line so far.
    It is similar to Allure Homme Sport, but a bit darker and richer
    with more mint and pepper.

    Longevity--as always with Chanel--is outstanding.
    Projects really well for the first couple of hours,
    then gets closer to the skin, but still noticeable later.
    Longevity is a solid 8 hours. And projection overall
    is just right. Not too loud, but you will be noticed.

    This would make an excellent, year-round signature scent.
    I will be wearing it quite a bit this summer and into the fall/winter.
    It was 86 degrees Fahrenheit here today, and it wasn't too sweet
    or rich in the warm weather.

    Initial rating: 8.5/10

    Big thumbs up from me.
    Last edited by cpp214; 22nd March 2012 at 02:20 AM.

  33. #33

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    The fragrance is not my cup of tea...i almost had to scrub it off....majorblet down. The drydown is too old man smelling..ill stick to the original AHS for life

  34. #34

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Quote Originally Posted by cpp214 View Post
    Bought this one blind as a bat.
    Just got it via UPS this morning and
    wore it as my SOTD, and I really like it...a lot.

    I don't think I'm going out on too much of a limb
    by saying it's the best fragrance in the Allure line so far.
    It is similar to Allure Homme Sport, but a bit darker and richer
    with more mint and pepper.

    Longevity--as always with Chanel--is outstanding.
    Projects really well for the first couple of hours,
    then gets closer to the skin, but still noticeable later.
    Longevity is a solid 8 hours. And projection overall
    is just right. Not too loud, but you will be noticed.

    This would make an excellent, year-round signature scent.
    I will be wearing it quite a bit this summer and into the fall/winter.
    It was 86 degrees Fahrenheit here today, and it wasn't too sweet
    or rich in the warm weather.

    Initial rating: 8.5/10

    Big thumbs up from me.
    Excellent, excellent review. You spoke for me and exactly how I feel.

    I'm wondering if some commenting on this with negative comments have actually tried/smelled the fragrance, or if they're simply trying to be fashion critic snobs and are being critical just for the sake of being critical (especially since this one has the potential to be a fairly "popular" and mainstream fragrance).

    I also find it funny when someone refers to a scent having an "old man" smell. In the case of this fragrance, it doesn't smell like an "old man" at all. Not even close. What the Hell is an "old man" smell anyway? Maybe we've got some 13 year old here writing reviews (which, to a 13 year old, someone in their 20's is an "old man" - LOL)
    Last edited by SportsFan; 22nd March 2012 at 03:14 AM.

  35. #35

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    I tested it on paper and I didn't even care to test it on my skin.

  36. #36

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    This fragrance was released in Harrods on Monday. Didn't get a chance to sniff the juice though because I was there on Sunday. The lady at the counter said it isn't as nice as the original Chanel Allure sport though

  37. #37
    Dependent CHSeifert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    1,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sofyaan View Post
    This fragrance was released in Harrods on Monday. Didn't get a chance to sniff the juice though because I was there on Sunday. The lady at the counter said it isn't as nice as the original Chanel Allure sport though
    "the lady at the counter" - big LOL

    So the lady says so, then you most definitely know it's true !!
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

  38. #38

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    "the lady at the counter" - big LOL

    So the lady says so, then you most definitely know it's true !!
    She is the only reference I had at the time okay! I had to make do with the information at hand lol

    I will go and give this a sniff myself though and see how accurate she was!

  39. #39

    Default Re: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme Chanel for men

    Quote Originally Posted by Sofyaan View Post
    She is the only reference I had at the time okay! I had to make do with the information at hand lol

    I will go and give this a sniff myself though and see how accurate she was!
    They usually do it the other way around: tell you a crappy frag is great!
    Therefore I would assume in this case that it's great. (Which I think it is, haha!)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 29th June 2014, 06:41 PM
  2. New Chanel: Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme
    By G Man in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 21st January 2013, 04:55 AM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 6th May 2012, 03:58 PM
  4. Age range for Chanel Allure Homme Sport and Allure Editon Blanche?
    By thxdiamond13 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 22nd June 2010, 01:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •