Code of Conduct

Default What fragrance smells like the botafumeiro ceremony at the Santiago de Compostela Cathedral?

What fragrance smells like the botafumeiro ceremony at the Santiago de Compostela Cathedral? I watched the movie "The Way" lastnight and at the end of the movie they showed the botafumeiro incense ceremony and it was quite interesting... i was thinking to myself... wow!!! it would be awesome to be there get a sniff of this incense... anyone ever seen this ceremony in person and know what fragrance smells like it?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: What fragrance smells like the botafumeiro ceremony at the Santiago de Compostela Cathedral?

What does this incense smell like to begin with?

I feel that Comme des Garcons nicely represents some of the incense used in the world.

Would you say Avignon, Ouarzazate ?

for swap/sale:

Default Re: What fragrance smells like the botafumeiro ceremony at the Santiago de Compostela Cathedral?

I saw the same image when viewing a doco about the camino di Santiago. Bois D'Encens would have to be very close.

i think you should go there and then you could tell us what it smells like then we could better recommend a fragrance.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

It's the same smell as in other Catholic churches. The only difference is the amount of burned incense to cover the stink of pilgrims.

So, CDG Avignon or Armani Privé Bois d'Encens.

Quote Originally Posted by grauzone View Post
    It's the same smell as in other Catholic churches. The only difference is the amount of burned incense to cover the stink of pilgrims.

So, CDG Avignon or Armani Privé Bois d'Encens.
    Wow, so it's not for religious purpose, but to cover the odor of the pilgrims? I wonder if the pilgrims even noticed that when this ceremony first started?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Up to a certain extent, little known and shamelessly leathery powerhouse Behemoth G-Man by Gainsboro:

this scent is unapologetically dark and even slightly sweaty, yet with an unexpectedly salty, linear, almost cleanly rarefied, puristic quality too, the perfect embodiment of something both "down and dirty", yet aspiring towards a strong, yet dignified incense-like solemnity, with hints of tobacco, moss and exotic woods lurking in the background (the latter three notes oddly not clashing with, but heightening a certain incense accord)

Hard to describe, highly implausible notes unexpectedly well put together

I've seen clips of that incense ceremony -- it is incredible! I'd love to be there and experience the whole thing!
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Basenotes Plus

When I think of incense, Comme des Garcons usually comes to mind. However, when I think of incense and Roman Catholic Cathedrals, I can't help thinking of Czech & Speakes No.88. Gorgeous mix of rose and incense. If you haven't sniffed it, you should.

Quote Originally Posted by Melvournis View Post
    Bois D'Encens would have to be very close.
    I would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    I've seen clips of that incense ceremony -- it is incredible! I'd love to be there and experience the whole thing!
    That's what I said too... I'm so addicted to new scent, that I want to know what it would smell like during the ceremony... Just for the chance to sniff the incense....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

In terms of a very atmospheric "cathedral" scent, Heeley Cardinal is very good.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas