Code of Conduct

Default please tell me about these frags the iperfumer app picked for me?

in no order..

dior jules
    bijan for men
    hermes bel ami
    chanel no. 18
    boss spirit
    farenheit32
    d&g la roue de la fortune
    thierry mugler miroir des envies
    acqua di parma mandoro di sicilia
    serge lutens louve
    adidas man

jules, bijan, bel ami i never see these in stores. jules tho i really wish i could find.

the no 18 is an exclusif?

never heard of boss spirit or adidas man. same for the mugler series and serge lutens louve..

i could check out mandoro di sicilia though..

comments? which one is golden among the list? any of you tried the app? like it?

Default Re: please tell me about these frags the iperfumer app picked for me?

Dior Jules, Bel Ami and No.18 are my main picks out of this list. I don't know where are you from but Jules is still avialable somewhere around the world (they reissued it sometimes ago). Internet shops are another option... Jules is a beast. To properly appreciate it you have to be fine with animalic notes, old-school masculines and a strong lived-in vibe. Bel Ami it's terrific in its vintage version and simply nice in the current. It used to have a strident sage/citrus/leather accord in the opening that was quite an experience. Overall I'd classify it as an aromatic leather fragrance. The current version is sort of tamed and polished...

No.18 is part of the Exclusifs. A fruity-floral with a wine like accord and the usual iris note common to many Chanels. Bijan Men is a straight forward fougere. Very masculine, sort of vulgar but if moderatley applyed can do great if your style is pumped hairy chest, unbottoned shirt and the likes

F32 is a toned down Fahrenheit with a chilly mint note on top and some vanilla thrown in. Quite nice IMO but gets a lot of polarizing opinions...

Know nothing about the others, sorry....

Just out of my curiosity, which paramenters have you entered in your search...this list doesn't seem to have a common demeanor...
    Last edited by alfarom; 5th March 2012 at 10:34 PM.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

My favorites are Jules and no 18 (never smelled miroir des envies, though).

I've seen Jules only in France. It's an intensely herbal, sage fougere. So intense is the sage that to some it might register as urinous. Not to me, but perhaps that explains its absence this side of the ocean.

No 18 is an exclusive. Very pleasant and natural smelling, light iris-rose with a smooth, sweetish base.

cacio

Hermes Bel Ami - a nice leathery scent

The list seems very random.
    Bel Ami is probably your best bet. Classic, masculine, soapy leather. relatively easy to find.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Bel Ami is great, I have the vintage, it shows up on ebay fairly often for not much more than the current version. Just saw a 100 mL go for $80 recently, I was tempted but just don't need it. It has a kinda short lived lemon top and dries down to a warm, spicy leather frag. It is not a heavy powerhouse though, I find it on the light side.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Dior Jules, Bel Ami and No.18 are my main picks out of this list. I don't know where are you from but Jules is still avialable somewhere around the world (they reissued it sometimes ago). Internet shops are another option... Jules is a beast. To properly appreciate it you have to be fine with animalic notes, old-school masculines and a strong lived-in vibe. Bel Ami it's terrific in its vintage version and simply nice in the current. It used to have a strident sage/citrus/leather accord in the opening that was quite an experience. Overall I'd classify it as an aromatic leather fragrance. The current version is sort of tamed and polished...

No.18 is part of the Exclusifs. A fruity-floral with a wine like accord and the usual iris note common to many Chanels. Bijan Men is a straight forward fougere. Very masculine, sort of vulgar but if moderatley applyed can do great if your style is pumped hairy chest, unbottoned shirt and the likes

F32 is a toned down Fahrenheit with a chilly mint note on top and some vanilla thrown in. Quite nice IMO but gets a lot of polarizing opinions...

Know nothing about the others, sorry....

Just out of my curiosity, which paramenters have you entered in your search...this list doesn't seem to have a common demeanor...
    wow much thanks! it seems i do like most of them. the jules and bijan seem to be what i am going for as of now.

bel ami is also something i would have been into ever since i discovered you can smell like leather!

no.18 might be too pricey then if exclusif. farenheit 32 sneaked it when i changed up a few ratings. the original gets 5 stars from me.

parameters.. i just put my age, country, tried to rate everything i have tried on their masculines. then i took out a few of the cheapies coz i was getting drugstore frags.

i also had interesting results when i just rated frags from 1 fragrance family like fougere only..

Banned

Fahrenheit 32 by Christian Dior - This fragrance bears no resemblance whatsoever to its namesake Fahrenheit. The opening is a refreshing whiff of clean greenness, with faint specks of refreshing mint and fruity coconut, carried on nascent vanilla. Drifting to a lovely, floral middle, a sharp and crisp neroli and a wisp of vetiver wrestle with the menthol and strengthening vanilla, imparting a sweetness and powderiness to the mixture. The overpowering base, with its fully developed vanilla, and attendant sweet and powdery aura, takes control and leads to its comforting drydown. This high quality composition is unique, and has average longevity and projection.

I share your enthusiasm for Jules ...

You've got Bel Ami and #18, but if it were me I would download a new app.

or

better yet - find some guys here on basenotes whose taste matches yours, and use their recommendations

To be honest none are really to my personal taste.
    Just to throw in a bit of info about one mentioned but not described (my favourite from the bunch):
    Louve is a very soft, sweet marizipan almond - really pretty up top but the dry down is a disappointing musk and very slight vegetal almond smell, similar to what I pick up in Datura Noir... by the sound of it, it is NOT what you are after at all :') to have it on the same list as an Adidas fra...shall I use the word fragrance?... Ok I'll be generous... to have it on the same list as an Adidas frafrance proves that the generator is a dud!
    Last edited by forfreddie; 7th March 2012 at 06:05 PM.