Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default Guerlain's l'art et la matiere prices going up?

They used to be $235. Now they're on Nordstrom's website for $250. What gives?

Default Re: Guerlain's l'art et la matiere prices going up?

I guess it was felt that the market could absorb the increase. Not good though.

Prices for the whole Guerlain range went up here on Feb. 1st. - seems to be around 7 - 8% (haven't really crunched the numbers).

I have been wondering if it is just local or international.

They've gone up in the UK too.

First Amouage, now Guerlain... Sounds like if you're planning on buying something, get it ASAP!

Amouge have had a huge IMO price hike ..... not good

Many scents are going up.

ELdO scents went from the amusing $69 to 80.

Histoires de Parfums went from $185 to $205.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Tom Ford and Bond no9 have gone up in the UK as well. Harrods Crystal Oud has gone from £525 to £550!

yeah Ive read this too its a shame will try and see if its still cheap at a few stores here

Basenotes Institution

Yes, I have noticed that all the scents have gone up in price. Argggh ............
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Yes, I have noticed that all the scents have gone up in price. Argggh ............
    Welcome back, honey!

Does anyone know why are prices going up

Well it'd be very easy to contribute these price hikes to increases in costs and overheads but, with the beauty industry still thriving throughout the recession, it's more likely they're attempting to fleece the public. It's probably a case of taking advantage of the situation (i.e the public seeking solace in their products during such hard times) and seeing how far they can push it,

It's also funny how they're all following suit, at the same time, when a Paris appeals court has just upheld a multi-million fine imposed on several fragrance houses for price fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Well it'd be very easy to contribute these price hikes to increases in costs and overheads but, with the beauty industry still thriving throughout the recession, it's more likely they're attempting to fleece the public. It's probably a case of taking advantage of the situation (i.e the public seeking solace in their products during such hard times) and seeing how far they can push it,

It's also funny how they're all following suit, at the same time, when a Paris appeals court has just upheld a multi-million fine imposed on several fragrance houses for price fixing.
    This actually makes me a little mad, i was planing on buying Tonka Imperiale and SDV this week...I guess I'll pass for now and leave them on my to buy later list...

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post

good points- Well LVMH must recoup their lawyers fees somehow, eh? Perhaps they figure someone who can pay retail and drop over 200 on a bottle of scent won't notice the increase. Unfortunately, it makes a big difference to the rest of us working stiffs who troll the internet for bargains.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    This actually makes me a little mad, i was planing on buying Tonka Imperiale and SDV this week...I guess I'll pass for now and leave them on my to buy later list...
    Actually, the Spiritueuse Double Vanille has stayed the same price. They've changed the packaging to something better, IMO, but the price remains $225 (for the time being)

Quote Originally Posted by PassionateJourney View Post
    Actually, the Spiritueuse Double Vanille has stayed the same price. They've changed the packaging to something better, IMO, but the price remains $225 (for the time being)
    yeah I did notice that, but imo eventually it will