Code of Conduct

Default TRUSSARDI DONNA AND TRUSSARDI UOMO for 2011 Aniversery

To celebrate its 100-year anniversary in 2011, Trussardi has launched Trussardi Uomo and Trussardi Donna in a tribute to the first perfumes introduced by the Italian fashion house in the 1980s.

“Trussardi Uomo and Trussardi Donna are a synthesis of our world. These elegant fragrances with a distinct personality were specially created for strong-willed, sensuous modern men and women. Trussardi Uomo and Trussardi Donna celebrate our one hundred years of family history, leather-working tradition and continuous innovation,” said Trussardi President and CEO Beatrice Trussardi.

The masculine (Uomo) and feminine (Donna) fragrances were conceived as a complementary black/white duo symbolising the love between a man and a woman.

Trussardi Donna

Composed by Nathalie Lorson, Trussardi Donna is a floral oriental that opens with fruity notes of yuzu, citron and water fruits. Orange blossom, jasmine tea and water lily form the heart notes, while white patchouli, cedar wood, sandalwood and vanilla combine to create a base of woody undertones.

The juice is housed in a white bottle with gold trim, topped with a gold-plated zamak cap embellished with the Trussardi emblem. The name of the perfume – Trussardi Donna – is written in gold lettering on both the bottle and the matte white box packaging, which also features a lizard motif.

The edp comes in three sizes: 30ml, 50ml and 100ml.

The fragrance is also available as a bath and shower gel (200ml), body lotion (200ml) and a spray deodorant (100ml). These products contain a hyaluronic acid complex which seals in moisture to keep the skin smooth, and a white pearl extract that is said to provide nourishment.

Trussardi Uomo

This masculine fragrance is a fougère woody composed by Aurélien Guichard. It contains top notes of lemon, nutmeg and bergamot combined with galbanum that lead to a heart of violet, clary sage and geranium. Base notes include leather, moss and patchouli.

The bottle design – in black – echoes that of Trussardi Donna. A gold line traces the silhouette of the bottle and converges at the gold cap, which is embellished with the Trussardi emblem. The name of the perfume, also in gold, decorates the front.

The box features a crocodile print in matte black and the Trussardi logo and perfume name – Uomo – in gold lettering.

Trussardi Uomo is also available as an after-shave lotion natural spray (100ml), a shampoo and shower gel (200ml), and a spray deodorant (100ml). All formulas in the extension line contain black pearl extract.

The edt comes in three sizes: 30ml, 50ml and 100ml.

Default Re: TRUSSARDI DONNA AND TRUSSARDI UOMO for 2011 Aniversery

duplicate
    Last edited by neal; 8th August 2011 at 05:55 PM.

Thanks for the info sentimus.....That bottle rocks!!!
    Gary

So, is this the same Trussardi Uomo as the previous one but in a nicer bottle or a totally reworked fragrance?

I have tried this scent (Uomo) today.
    One of the most interesting releases recently, not that woody as it maybe seems.

Have to try it again to say more, but it doesn't remind me of any fragrance I know.
    Italian vibe for sure, very "Trussardish".
    Decent sillage, I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    So, is this the same Trussardi Uomo as the previous one but in a nicer bottle or a totally reworked fragrance?
    If it's like the previous one - for me it's a pass.

If the Trussardi Uomo is like the original but without the plastic/fiberglass accord then it could be a winner.

I have a feeling that this is a new interpretation of the men's classic.....? Anyone officially tried this yet overseas....

This is an absolutely reworked fragrance.

What's the core trend in the mens perfumery in 2010-2011? Yes, Chanel Egoiste Platinum! We had its zesty clone Davidoff Champion, then its fruity version Montblanc Legend and now is the time of the peppery variation named Trussardi Uomo.

I hoped for something new, but I've got the scent I've smelled so much times. The sillage is good, but the longevity is average. Use Egoiste Platinum instead of all these clones!

Unfortunately only the bottle rocks for me.The rest is Very dissapointing IMO.

Well, I hope I don't pick it up by mistake in the future due to the original name.

Any more early impressions of the Uomo?

I tried the new Trussardi Uomo today. Very disappointed, I'm afraid. Rightly or wrongly I was expecting a modernised version of the original Uomo. Instead, I got something that has absolutely nothing in common with the original, and is rather weak and generic, with very little character.... What a pity...