Code of Conduct

Exclamation I like loud fragrances worn lightly more than light fragrances worn heavily...

How about you?
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Default Re: I like loud fragrances worn lightly more than light fragrances worn heavily...

Me too!

Default Re: I like loud fragrances worn lightly more than light fragrances worn heavily...

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    How about you?
    +1
    count me in

Yeah!
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I wear loud fragrances lightly but don't wear light fragrances heavily.
    Light fragrances when oversprayed still give me a headache. I prefer reapplication.
    I wear my loud fragrances based on the weather and the notes. Hot days (arrgh) like today I can wear light ambers, dark greens or "dirty" citruses with a lighter application but can't stand cinnamons, licorice and the like.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    I bet Archie is wearing Paco Rabanne XS Black.
    I was smack in the middle of the early 80's powerhouse-a-palooza. Back then you wore LOUD FRAGRANCES EXTREMELY LOUDLY and Light fragrances AS LOUDLY AS POSSIBLE. Today I kind of like close to the skin. But I've always been of the opinion that all things should be done in moderation. Including fragrance. Even in the 80's.

yessir!

At first I shared the same school of thought. Projecting perfumes worn lightly are better than skin perfumes worn heavily.

Later I found myself obligated to wear skin scents (too good to pass on only because projection lacks) and remedied the low projection by wearing more sprays. I found that I was able to enjoy the mid and base notes more when spraying more.

This is different than spraying more of loud perfumes because the top notes are amplified but with skin scents I find that the mid and base notes are amplified.

This is particularly evident in Idole de Lubin (EDT), Cuiron and Jardin du Nil.

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Plus

Same here. But hedonist made a valid point. Probably best to figure out the optimal application for each frag based on its individual characteristics and personal preferences/social context.

Yes to the above

Like many here, I have learned the Aventus lesson - spray too much and you miss out - while nauseating those around you! Spray just a little and you can see what the fuss is all about....... Ummm... what is the fuss all about?

Oh, I prefer to douse myself in light perfumes! Loud fragrances don't need to be worn heavily.

Same here.

Dependent

Same! I always love loud fragrances and I will apply lightly. Then again, certain occasions i would prefer a skin scent so not to disturb the people around me
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

I don't have a preference in this case. I like loud fragrances (and I usually apply them moderately) and, at the same time, I like many lighter ones (and I may apply them both heavily or easily depending on the case):

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Another one here.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    How about you?
    I own Piguet - Fracas. It has to be worn not lightly. If You don't like it, don't wear it. If You like it, enjoy!

Applied too light it will never reveal its full construction. It would be a waste of excellence.
    No More Buying - Leaving - Left

Basenotes Plus

Absolutely YES!

Likewise.

The inverse.

It should come as no surprise to board vets that I actually prefer wearing light fragrances extremely heavily, much more than I enjoy wearing heavy fragrances lightly. For instance, I will wear 3-4 sprays of Pure Havane, and like it. But I will wear 24 sprays of Concentre D'Orange Verte and LOVE IT.

I prefer then heavy all the time, no matter loud or light.

I guess I like fragrances in general far too much, as not to wear, alternatively and as diversified as possible, fragrances of ANY concentration, projection, longevity, sillage etc. in almost ANY random quantity

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    The inverse.

It should come as no surprise to board vets that I actually prefer wearing light fragrances extremely heavily, much more than I enjoy wearing heavy fragrances lightly. For instance, I will wear 3-4 sprays of Pure Havane, and like it. But I will wear 24 sprays of Concentre D'Orange Verte and LOVE IT.
    I also love spraying upwards of 20 sprays with Cd'OV.
    There's some natural high generated from it...

for swap/sale:

makes sense
    Midnight in Paris 5 STARS
    Pure Malt 5 STARS
    Rose 31 5 STARS

Agreed. They will last longer, one gets more bang for one's money and I don't have to spray tons of stuff on my precious skin just to smell something.