Code of Conduct

Default Kohl/Eyeliner- Application between lashes/eye and staying power-

Hello, all-
    I strongly prefer the look of eyeliner applied between the eyelashes and eyeball. I believe this is the traditional way to wear kohl. However, I'm not sure if most eyeliners are made to be used in this fashion and it's a problem I run into buying "waterproof" eyeliners. I've tried liquids and pencils, and none of them seem to have any staying power when worn up against the eyeball. The best luck I've had is with Urban Decay's 24/7 pencil (I do like their "Perversion" black) although I've tried MAC waterproof liquid and a veritable host of other liners of all different quality tiers.

My question is one with two parts:
    1) Am I even applying "regular" eyeliner appropriately, or should I just be sticking with importing kohl sticks? and 2) Does anyone have a recommendation for something that's waterproof/wear resistant to some absurd degree? I'd like something that will last all day without getting all smoky on me. I'm a guy and I prefer to wear just a little line of it to help define my eyes since my face is just one diluted, monochromatic mess- red/blond lashes on pale skin on pale grey/blue eyes. I prefer a little more definition than my natural shades give me.

Any recs? Thanks in advance-
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/281969-Montale-Amouage-Gengis-Khan-Musk-Oils-Micallef-Manufacturer-Samples-etc."]Pure Havane and Misc Samples[/URL]

[URL="http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=696"]What's this, an offsite link to more sales?[/URL]

Default Re: Kohl/Eyeliner- Application between lashes/eye and staying power-

Most normal eyeliner will not stay at all applied this way. You need waterproof. Smashbox do one in a pot called Jet Set even has a angled brush to apply to the waterline with. Urban Decay as you found out do.
    DONNA

I apply my eyeliner there too, when I wear it. I think it's called tightlining and there's a bunch of youtube tutorials about it.

Bobby Brown gel liner, applied with a push brush, stays the best for me. But, it takes an extra minute to do. Pencils are much more convenient. Tarte EmphasEYES High Definition Eye Pencil is what I generally use. It's a close second to BB - but it starts to fade on the inside corners after about five hours. The BB gel stays forever, exactly where I put it.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 5th March 2012 at 08:48 PM.

I use only kohl pencils for this due to having sensitive skin / sclerae and use Guerlain, Chanel, and Laura Mercier kohl pencils: all smudge on me after an hour or two, but I don't mind that smudged look so much. With a harsh, defined line between the lower lashes and the eye only, I get the closed, small-eyed "Kate Middleton look" because of my deep set eyes. For the top lid, I prefer the tightline method with Laura Mercier eyeliner or shadow; that holds for many hours and gives good definition. I haven't found a method for my lower waterline that works as well as the upper. PS have you tried the Chanel kohl pencil in Ambre? When you described your coloring, I thought it might work well for you, even if it smudges, it may still be quite flattering and give nice definition.

Blog Entries

this is a great one:

MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

Here are 1900 reviews of it, literally

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...k/MAC/Eyeliner

I also have the BB gel, excellent as well.

For a lower priced option try:

Milani - Liquif'eye Metallic eye liner pencil -black
    Milani - Infinite Liquid Eye Liner

Both very good at a drugstore price.
    Last edited by Fleurine; 8th April 2012 at 03:17 PM.