Code of Conduct

Default Help with these vintage bottles of Mitsouko!

Hello everyone,

during one of my recent pilgrimages in the tuscany's countryside I scored the following bottles of vintage Mitsouko. They were neglected on a shelf in a high-end clothes shop selling brands such as Martin Margiela and the likes (weird situation?!?). I spoke to the guy and he said that he got those bottles from one of his customers who is an antique dealer specialized in fragrances and that he initially purchased some of them to be used as ornaments for his shop. People started to get interested in buying them so he decided it could have been an opportunity to expand his business...

The bottles in the above pictures are not the actual bottles I found but they are exactly the same editions. Both the EDT and the EDC are 250ml, completely full and sealed. The Parfums is a 7ml (or something). All of them come with the original box.

My questions:

- Can anyone tell me when these editions were originally released?

- He asks for 250 euros for each. How is the price?

- They've been stored on a shelf outside of their boxes so, basically, it could be years that they're exposed to light. Do you think I shouldn't miss the chance the get one of them or should I pass?

- Just in case, which one I should get considering the above parameters?

thanks everyone for your help...
    Last edited by alfarom; 6th March 2012 at 09:58 AM.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Default Re: Help with these vintage bottles of Mitsouko!

This website describes and dates bottles (or google guerlain bottles old ebay)

http://reviews.ebay.com/Vintage-Guer...00000003805546

I am no expert at all, but eur 250 each sounds too much even for reformulated Guerlain, but I'll let others discuss the pricing. I found a big round bottle (like your second) of Shalimar for $85, though it was an antique store that I don't think knew much about perfumes. I also saw an empty Mitsouko bottle + package like your third one for $25.

I remember reading somewhere in this forum that Mitsouko (I presume the bergamot top) doesn't keep well, so the fact that they have been lying around in a store is not ideal.

cacio

250 € is much too much if you ask me...

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post

- They've been stored on a shelf outside of their boxes so, basically, it could be years that they're exposed to light. ..
    This, and the price, would make me pass.

Basenotes Institution

250 Euros is too much for each one - he's having you on ! I agree with all the above.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

I'm not sure I'd buy his story about having acquired them from an antiques dealer 'specializing in perfumes'. Sounds like the guy is trying to make a quick buck. An antique perfume dealer selling vintage Mitsouko to be used as ornaments in window displays?? How preposterous!

I just picked up the same vintage Shalimar edc as the top one for less than €30 unopened and stored in it's box. Yes only 90-100mls but that would make 250 way way over the top

Thanks everyone! I initially was intrigued by the size of the bottles and the fact they were full, but seeing them stored outside of their boxes was a turn off! Again, thanks for your precious help!

Anyway, the first bottle (the 250ml EDT) sells on e-bay for no less than 300 bucks! I'm just wondering what would be a fair price for 250ml of vintage Mitsouko EDT...

They may ask for $300 for it but does it actually sell? Or is it a "Buy it Now" that never sells and is on there permanently?

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    They may ask for $300 for it but does it actually sell? Or is it a "Buy it Now" that never sells and is on there permanently?
    I'm just wondering what would be a fair price. That's it!!!

Price way to high and as they have been stored outside of their boxes (personally) I wouldn't chance it. That bright said a fair price should be around $200 and under