Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SOTD Friday 16th March 2012

L'Air DDM for the synch which is a bit bonkers today and involves rifling through other peoples drawers.

Default Re: SOTD Friday 16th March 2012

Do you hide you stash in other peoples belongings Foustie? Lol

Wearing Cadjmere this afternoon. Happy Friday to all.

for swap/sale:

Good Morning,

No rifling through others' draws for me today.
    Treating myself to some Vintage Chanel Cuir de Russie (EdT).

Take care all, and Thank Goodness it's Friday!

I'm wearing Serge Lutens' Miel de Bois. It smells amazing on me even though that Sanchez woman thinks that because it turns on her skin, it smells bad on everyone lol.

Have a lovely Friday everybody.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

softly coasting into friday in Mona di Orio's Musc
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Im not actually wearing it twice lol.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Antaeus Vintage

A splash bottle from the 80s.
    Smells fantastic.

Bonjour! Have a fantastic Friday!

Basenotes Member

Today I am testing out Absolue pour le Matin, from a sample acquired from MFK.
    I like testing on Fridays as this is my day to work from home which means I am never far from from a re-spritz or a hose down - depending how the sample works out for me!

Cruising reviews this doesn't seem to get a lot of love around here - But I am quite enjoying this...obviously a citrus opening but quite green straight on too - and now a herbal lavender. Doesn't have me rushing back to Liberty but let's see how we go - I do think I will be enjoying my sample! It's seems pretty tenacious!

Have a great Friday all and look forward to spoiling your mums on Sunday. (Hope mine likes her 1e mai candle!)

LOL @ Prince B. and "that Sanchez woman".

Happy Birthday to *dora* from Greece: what a spirit! With the country's economy down in the dumps, 2 daughters to take care of and other life challenges, she still got it! Many fragrant returns to you. We have quite a bunch of nice smelling Pisces on BN, don't we?

Can't be *dora* for a day as her Wardrobe shows empty with over 400 fragrances. Who I can be is: cello, Evangeline, 30R., Mimi, Haunani, Kiliwia, Foustie, Auntie Knit, lilybelle, even sherapop, just from the top of my head. What a fun theme, may I add. For the newer folks -- instrumental too: pick the person who you think is "closest" to your tastes and check their likes/dislikes, you might find something that works for your chemistry. I can also be hedonist, Dr.G and JR (kisses!), if I wanted to.

However, yes Cinderella, you can go to the ball, but you will be darkdreams for the day, in her signature Alchimie de Rochas.
    Kurt Cobain of Nirvana "The Man Who Sold the World" mood.
    Last edited by Twolf; 16th March 2012 at 10:44 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Take care all, and Thank Goodness it's Friday!
    Echoed vociferously after a very tiring week. Indulging ourselves with a take-away tonight to accompany the obligatory friday evening vin rouge. Can't be bothered slaving away over a hot stove.

There must be a friday song in there somewhere -

SotD is Bois des Iles.

Happy Birthday *dora*

Happy Birthday Wordbird

Oh good, JR goes as Evangeline, cello, Kiliwia and Twolf, all in one!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Oh good, JR goes as Evangeline, cello, Kiliwia and Twolf, all in one!
    After this week I sense a recurring dream featuring E. She is dressed like Catwoman, astride a Harley, and smoking a panatela. The ballet shoes look out of place, but the Lauren Bacall drawl and come-hither look in her eyes ensure I'll be cursing when my alarm goes off. My head can't wait to hit the pillow
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 16th March 2012 at 11:04 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Echoing "TGIF!" This was The Week That Wouldn't End. Getting ready to leave in a little while for our getaway weekend, won't be posting while away but I'll be back on Sunday.

Thanks to a dear perfume friend, SOTD is Etat Libre d'Orange Tilda Swinton Like This
    notes include yellow mandarin, ginger, pumpkin, immortelle, neroli, rose, vetiver, heliotrope and musk

Wonderful combo of soft spices and lovely florals. Overall, a muted, subtle composition -- even the immortelle note, which is obvious but unobtrusive, is dialed way down. I *love* La Swinton for her formidable gift, her unconventional style, and her unapologetic, take me or leave me approach, which renders her enormously fascinating and appealing. I love Like This, too.

Happy Friday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Good morning, everyone! You all smell great today. :-)

I realized that the weather is getting warmer, so my days to wear Angel are sadly on the wane. I'm indulging while I can--Angel EDP for me.

Wishing all a good day!

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Happy Birthday *Dora* and Wordbird! Hope you both have a wonderful day!

My SotD is Laura Biagiotti Roma, that I received fromTwolf and it smells so good!
    It's not currently showing in her wardrobe, but it will have to count for sync Friday
    anyway. Will try to wear L'Or later.

Have a great weekend!
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 16th March 2012 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    After this week I sense a recurring dream featuring E. She is dressed like Catwoman, astride a Harley, and smoking a panatela. The ballet shoes look out of place, but the Lauren Bacall drawl and come-hither look in her eyes ensure I'll be cursing when my alarm goes off. My head can't wait to hit the pillow
    Jon! You are a hoot! Look what I have done - poor Mrs. E, we may never think of her the same. Ha! But we all know the truth - she is class all the way through.

Happy Birthday to dora and Wordbird! May your celebrations stretch into the weekend. Enjoy!

Speaking of Mrs. E, I am stealing from her wardrobe (literally) today. She rates Chanel No. 19 EDP a 5 star fragrance. Good enough praise for me. So for synch, I'm in Mrs. E's Chanel No. 19 EDP from a sample.

Since I'm stealing her fragrance, I'll steal her sign off too.

"Ya'll have a nice day!"

Love ya Mrs. E!

Good morning! I am off to sell hair clips at the market today, in Jailia. Loud enough for outdoors and happy, happy, happy.

Have a great birthday *Dora* and wordbird!

Good morning everyone Today I had huge problems getting up! The weather is so wet and the bed so comfy... After som peeking in people's wardrobes I can do some stealing from both RTamara's and Gandhajala's wardrobes. Think i'll go for some Habit Rouge today stolen from RTamara's wardrobe when I think about it Hope you all have a great friday!

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Dora and Wordbird!!
    Last edited by ineespenes; 16th March 2012 at 11:51 AM.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Friday 16th March 2012

From a decant
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Nasomatto - Hindu Grass

Oh my stars, JON ROGERS!! Lol!!! ...I can't quite believe I just read that!! You sure paint an interesting picture! You make me sound super-sexy, but a little crazy too, hehe. But seriously, as much as I admire a sleek catsuit, don't you dare put me in that get-up, and on a Harley...what would my husband think??

(Um...just in case you do ever peak in here darlin', I swear we've never even met! )

Wow, that's going to take a little while to get over....and in gratitude to ((cello)) for trying to clear my good name in this scandal, I'll be rifling through her things a bit later in the day (you smell great, btw - enjoy that No.19! xoxo) but I've been goin' through Wolfie's things this morning and I found what I was looking for! I'm in L'or de Torrente, not for a run but for a leisurely stroll down Magazine Street with my mother ...we're going antiquing in a little while, and I think the LdT will be perfect.

Oh, and y'all have a nice day...lol!

Happy Birthday *dora* and Wordbird!! Wishing you lots of joy and happiness on this special day!

Altodiva - you're the Angel lady I recognize from POL! (shadesofbleu is our Angel lady here, but more Angel is always a good thing, lol!) I've never joined in the conversation there, but I've certainly enjoyed lurking from time to time. I love Angel too, but it's the one fragrance the hubs just can't tolerate so I only indulge when he's out of town for a while. It's very nice to see you here again ...and of course, you smell heavenly!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 16th March 2012 at 12:45 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

L'Instant du Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Waiting for Breath of God to arrive, and become my SOTD. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!

And for Wolfie...such an excellent tune! Cobain over Bowie, huh? Interesting.

Here ya go -

(JON - you don't think Kirsty will mind sharing the spotlight, do you?)
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Stealing a sneaky 5 minutes between meetings.

Having a change from the chypre thread and wearing.... guess what... go on bet you can't....

Rats! you guessed yes a citric chypre - Vintage 80's Diorella. And a dirty dirty girl she is too, in only the very best way

Happy birthday Dora and wordbird.

Happy belated birthday misscasey.

for swap/sale:

Hello all. Shalimar Parfum Initial
    DONNA

Lumiere noire

happy friday everyone & happy mother's day for sunday to all the ladies & mothers!
    today i'm continuing my 'leather week' and testing illuminum's piper leather (from a sample). well, how shall i say this politely: 'it's not leather!!!' i should've listened to my instincts (and that little voice in my head) and stick with the 'classics', i.e. cuir de lancome, cuir d'iris, cuir de russie or knize ten. feel like i have 'broken' the theme.
    the leather is faint, almost completely covered by the pepper and even though it's not mentioned in their description, i also detect some fruity notes with a slight rum, jammy accord. on the whole, is quite simple, almost raw, with the notes being quite loud and in your face and not knowing how to play with each other, like the perfumier has only started his/her career and is still on an amateur level and doesn't know what direction to take and has not decided yet what to do. from what i sampled so far from this line, i only like wild tobacco but i find all of them quite linear constructed and 'simple'. the shop assistant made a big point in saying that they only use the highest quality natural ingredients and all their perfumes contain 0% synthetic. i still don't see how they can justify the prices, as it almost feels like a 'high street' perfume -

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    the shop assistant made a big point in saying that they only use the highest quality natural ingredients and all their perfumes contain 0% synthetic.
    I've never heard a SA saying this about any brand whatsoever...weird

--------------------

Alan Cumming's Cumming (The Fragrance)...*embarassed*

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Institution

In a rush, I'll talk more later. Out of synch in...

Turtle Vetiver Front by Les Nez

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    I've never heard a SA saying this about any brand whatsoever...weird

--------------------

Alan Cumming's Cumming (The Fragrance)...*embarassed*

it's their own boutique.. i guess he felt very passionately about the product and what he(they) is selling and what the brand is standing for, their ethos, etc, etc (at that point i started yawning and politely looking at the watch).

SOTD: Kus Kus by Bourbon French Parfums

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    But we all know the truth - she is class all the way through.

Love ya Mrs. E!
    Seconded, word for word.

Basenotes Institution

Happy Birthdays to Miss Casey ( for yesterday when I could not do a picture on Tapatalk ) Dora and Wordbird !!!
    Wordbird - come back ,we miss you !

Picture by Delilah Smith ,artist.

This morning I'm wearing the beautiful Child oil layered with Fragipani extrait by Ormonde Jayne.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

good morning/afternoon everybody. in sync today with Bvlgari Black from Foustie's wardrobe.

Happy Birthdays to all! Today I am celebrating 6 years with my partner Kristopher. I am wearing a fragrance I made for today. I have no name for it yet, but notes are:
    Top: Lemon, Grapefruit, Bergamot, Tomato Leaves
    Mid: Jasmine, Tobacco, Elemi
    Base: Vetiver Haiti, Oakmoss, Benzoin

It's very fresh and green. Today is Sunny and Bright in central Florida. It's going to be a wonderful day.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Hello everybody,
    Late check-in after a very productive day in the garden...
    I started the day with a SotM, which was MPG's Or de Indes. A superb fragrance with nice understated elegance and sillage, but exceptional longevity (we are talking about an EdT and I don't have to mention how long today's Guerlain EdTs last...). Imagine a less bright and opaque L'Heure Bleue heliotrope opening with a gradual shift towards a refined, rather unsweet Shalimar opoponax. Opoponax is the main theme in Or des Indes IMO and I suspect it is also responsible for the somewhat metallic, at times even leathery facet in its heart. Let's face it - this is most likely a better fragrance than both the Guerlains today.
    I could even clearly detect the Or des Indes on my skin after 6 hours and after what was a sweaty and brutal 'kill the shrub' job in the garden. It's a constant fight literally living in a wood.
    After a shower, I felt like LOTS of Jicky EdP, which brings me to today's sync theme. I think rtamara and I have very much alike tastes in perfumery, almost like nobody else here for me. So, I dedicate the Jicky blast (shall I say stink?) to her.
    Happy Anniversary, wooznib! Happy Birthday, dora!
    A wonderfully sunny and 20 degrees C weekend is lying! I need no glass bowl to predict that Daiquiris will be served tomorrow...
    Last edited by Larimar; 16th March 2012 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    A wonderfully sunny and 20 degrees C weekend is lying! I need no glass bowl to predict that Daiquiris will be served tomorrow...
    mmmmmmm... daiquiris... (noise like homer, tongue hanging out, eyes rolled up in the head)..

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by wooznib View Post
    Happy Birthdays to all! Today I am celebrating 6 years with my partner Kristopher. I am wearing a fragrance I made for today. I have no name for it yet, but notes are:

It's very fresh and green. Today is Sunny and Bright in central Florida. It's going to be a wonderful day.
    That's wonderful wooznib ! Have a lovely day and congratulations !

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    mmmmmmm... daiquiris... (noise like homer, tongue hanging out, eyes rolled up in the head)..
    Yep, danny! Fresh limes, the real stuff - Havana Club Rhum (sorry, U.S. folks, your politics!), a dash of Maraschino and a bit of sugar... served as frozen Daiquiri (made in the blender). And I promise it tastes exactly like the original at La Floridita in Havana (I was there and this is the original recipe). How's that sound, Homer?

Friday, March 16, 2012

Gucci pour Homme

Spray much?

+"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Yep, danny! Fresh limes, the real stuff - Havana Club Rhum (sorry, U.S. folks, your politics!), a dash of Maraschino and a bit of sugar... served as frozen Daiquiri (made in the blender). And I promise it tastes exactly like the original at La Floridita in Havana (I was there and this is the original recipe). How's that sound, Homer?
    aaghaaghaaghaagh... (gurgling sound)... this is for the 'homer' in all of us.. for cocktails is more like this
    Last edited by danny1967; 16th March 2012 at 02:53 PM.

Afternoon all. In Dune from Evangeline's wardrobe. Haven't worn this one in over a year.

Happy Birthday Dora and Wordbird.

Off to Whitby (Dracula country) for the weekend. Take care all. x

Happy Birthday to Dora!

I'm in Insolence...who am I?
    Last edited by lilybelle; 16th March 2012 at 03:14 PM.

SotE is vintage Chergui... I figured it would go nicely with the red wine and smoke tonight. Weeeeeeeeell deserved! Have a great start to your weekend all!

Happy Birthday, Dora and Wordbird, and Happy Anniversary to Wooznib!

My SotD is Neil Morris Dark Earth, which features notes of myrrh, sandalwood, golden musk, frankincense, green note, and earth accord. Today is gray and rainy here, but things are greening up and it smells ALIVE out there! :-)

I must be in synch, as I know there must be other people who love this fragrance and have it in their wardrobes! How's that for the lazy approach? ;-)

Image is The Awakening, a sculpture by J. Seward Johnson, Jr.

Good Evening,

Just read Jon's post - somebody fetch me the smelling salts, quick ! What a hoot.

Tdem and Devilcat - enjoy your weekends away.

Happy Birthday wishes to Dora and Wordbird. Many fragrant returns to you both.

SotE is Ungaro II.

Best to all

Blog Entries

OK, Larimar...I am leaving a lot of beautiful perfume here for you but I hope I didn't use up all the beautiful weather...the weather was just too lovely in Paris this week to be chasing perfume bottles. 6 days without a drop of rain, and hardly a cloud. I spent the afternoons in the Tuileries, the Jardins, and by the Seine, rather than in the stores with my nose in a bottle. I will save those errands for next time I am here on a cloudy or cold day. Anyway, what has happened since I got here was that I have forged a rather meaningful relationship with Jicky, and this fragrance will forever remind me of Paris. Maybe to lesser extent, Apres L'Ondee, both my scents of the week. Tomorrow, it's back to New York...and back to work on Monday...after a perfect week here...

Happy B-Day and aniversary to those celebrating...

Blog Entries

Hi all--

wearing Côté Bastide Tilleul today!

Off and running...errands.

Blog Entries

---------------
    Last edited by kumquat; 16th March 2012 at 06:30 PM.

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing Cuir Mauresque today. It's silly I know, but I like leather scents and watching sports. Today is more basketball, with the Jayhawks playing late tonight. To keep in synch, I'm wearing this out of gandajala's wardrobe. He seems to like CM as much as I do!

E, thanks for thinking of me and Angel. I couldn't be happier than to be associated with such a lovely scent!

Sending happy birthday wishes to wordbird and dora and happy anniversary greetings to wooznib

Happy Friday everyone and go Jayhawks!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

Aprés L'Ondée

This is from Knit at Nite's wardrobe.

May I suggest you name it Hillaire for our Chypre Queen

Quote Originally Posted by wooznib View Post

Last edited by Alityke; 16th March 2012 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I'm wearing Cuir Mauresque today. To keep in synch, I'm wearing this out of gandajala's wardrobe. He seems to like CM as much as I do!...
    You smell fantastic, shades!

Fleurine.... Jicky rrrrrrrrrrrrrr, delish I envy the weather. You were truly lucky! I'm on a roll with Jicky EdP myself. I'm happy for you that you had such a super week in Paris!

Basenotes Plus

Scent twin with shadesofbleu this evening.

Basenotes Institution

Fresh Sake this afternoon- from dear Knit 's wardrobe !