Code of Conduct

Default Chanel No. 5 knockoff

Anyone who thinks Chanel No. 5 is passe or for old ladies need to rethink.

Chanel No. 5, which I adore, is still chic enough for a knockoff company to make a replica.

A knockoff company is selling a smellalike scent called 5eme Arr, Paris. I guess they can't say 31, rue Cambon, but 5eme Arrondissment, Paris, somehow sounds chic: the location of the "boul-Miche," and the Latin Quarter!

http://www.belcamshop.com/products/f27135-12-c5
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Chanel No. 5 knockoff

Oh wow ! I never knew this existed !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Knock off perfumes crack me up lol. "If you like Daisy, you'll love Daffodil!" "If you like Oh Lola, you'll love Hola!" (Those are real knock offs by the way, lol.)

But aaahh, when I couldn't afford more of Poison when I was younger..I did buy a knock off of it, lol. I did like it as it was better than nothing. Lol. I think it was like 3-5 bucks at a gas station, haha.

Halarious

I wonder what it smells like.

Austin, Texas. Rabat, Morocco. Athens, Greece. Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Blog Entries

I find Chanel 5 to be over the top and harsh and then kind of sickening. I remember wanting to like it because the name is so chic. I'm amazed someone is making a rip-off.
    14 sprays for 1 mL

Quote Originally Posted by RiveGaucheInstead View Post
    I find Chanel 5 to be over the top and harsh and then kind of sickening. I remember wanting to like it because the name is so chic. I'm amazed someone is making a rip-off.
    Really?? Chanel No.5 is the best-selling perfume of all time - I'm amazed there aren't knockoffs of the knockoffs!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Haha, knock offs of knock offs. If you like Chanel, you'll love Channel and if you love Channel, you'll really love Remote. Ok..I am done..:P

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Haha, knock offs of knock offs. If you like Chanel, you'll love Channel and if you love Channel, you'll really love Remote. Ok..I am done..:P
    Made me choke on my grilled cheese sandwich laughing!

And there have been knock-offs of Chanel 5 for years. My poor dad bought one 20 years ago to give to mom--not knowing the difference. She kept that bottle for years. But never used it haha!

I'm going to wear some No. 5 edt this afternoon now.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I'm going to wear some No. 5 edt this afternoon now.
    Changed my mind. I held the bottle up to my husband's nose and he said, "They should call that one Chanel No. Stinky."

Apologies for veering slightly off course.

Chanel No. 5 is not for everyone because of the sharp aldehydes. I have the EDP, EDT and the parfum--and love them all.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Changed my mind. I held the bottle up to my husband's nose and he said, "They should call that one Chanel No. Stinky."
    Lol, lilybelle ...I'm sorry, but this is cute and funny. It's something my husband might say, too.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Austin, Texas. Rabat, Morocco. Athens, Greece. Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Blog Entries

Apologies for veering slightly off course.
    I'm totally with him. I'm actually shocked that something so bad to my nose can be so incredibly popular. I used to believe our noses can't be all THAT different.

It's something I'm finding more and more fascinating, actually. The range.
    14 sprays for 1 mL

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Lol, lilybelle ...I'm sorry, but this is cute and funny. It's something my husband might say, too.
    The DH has no nose for anything. He wears what I buy him.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RiveGaucheInstead View Post
    I'm totally with him. I'm actually shocked that something so bad to my nose can be so incredibly popular. I used to believe our noses can't be all THAT different.

It's something I'm finding more and more fascinating, actually. The range.
    The range of opinion on No. 5 is very interesting! I have a love/hate thing with the edt myself. It's a strange phenomenon, "le monstre".

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    The DH has no nose for anything. He wears what I buy him.
    At least he wears it. Mine won't.

the midwest: where cows have been outnumbering people since 1817

Ooooh man there's this huge "impressions" perfume endcap at my local Walgreens and apparently the fake No. 5 is really popular. There is literally ALWAYS some variety of blue eyeshadow, teased hair and shoulder pad wearing woman BATHING herself in it when I walk in there. And no joke, it smells like PEE. Like that harsh ammonia smell when someone pees and "lets it mellow." Just what I want to smell like all day.

Currently binging on roses.... Jo Malone, you dirty bitch. You too, Stella McCartney.

Oh ya, I just saw that line at Walgreens, pretty bad! Haha. I did smell the #5, pretty awful!

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    Halarious
    OK, that made me laugh.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

I have Chanel 5 but I am lusting over Chanel 19. A knock off for this fragrance is not an option.

Primrose, you are so right- No.5 is not passe. In fact, it can't be kept on the shelves here locally at the holidays. And I live in a city where most folks, if they wear anything, smell like the "clean and fresh" mall scents. Go figure!

Can't lie, I'm dying to smell that knock-off! Will continue to wear the real deal, however.
    The nose wants what it wants!

lots of Chanel 5 experts here so help me..i have recently acquired two chanel 5 edts...one is 35 ml and other is 3.4 a bit used...i know both are authentic and not the recent versions because they both have eau de toilette written on front..larger bottle is from 2008 but smaller bottle has code am1 something which doesnt work on checkcosmetic..

now that i have no doubt both are authentic and bottles have similar designs, i am puzzled by different juice colors..larger bottle is yellowish as we usually see in pictures but smaller bottle has comparatively peachy juice color...any guidance or help here? FYI, i have just applied perfume from larger bottle so cant compare the scent from both