Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default Aventus vs Terre d'hermes and question...

Hi everyone! , i recently tested alot of fragrances , and i really loved 2 fragrances in particular!

Terre d'hermes - got the perfume sample , it smell amazing , earthy and very sexy! *thats what my gf says* she even says it smell like sex lol but i dont think it projects alot. i had 2 sprays on my neck and one on each wrist and only my gf could smell it , my family didnt notice i was wearing something... thats my only drawback , i want people around me to notice i wear something. price is good for the quality. i would buy it because i like the smell and my gf 2 but unsure about projection, maybe the spray from the real bottle shoots more juice wich lead to better projection instead of the small decant i tried on me.

Aventus - i got a decant from Ogilvy in montreal , the smell is amazing , cant stop smelling it , smell very good and i sprayed 2 spray on my pillow ! :-) i would be willing to pay the price for this , but ogilvy sells it at 330 for the bigger bottle , and i went around other shops and they sell it for 190$ approx... so i was kind of bugged of are those 190$ fakes ? bad quality ? they were sold in stores in the eaton center in montreal... but for 190$ and be unsure of quality , sohuld i just buy for 330$ and have a empty mind?

i would like to try Bond no.9 but cant seems to find a place to test those in montreal and the area!

i tried platinum egoist and i really loved it , smells crisp and clean! and dry down to more woody / forest / green mossy like smell. i like that 2

What you guys think ?

Default Re: Aventus vs Terre d'hermes and question...

Im on the same path as you. First of all, the Creeds in general do not last at all on my skin. The Terre d'hermes had only slightly longer longevity. But the TdH can be purchased for somewhat more $ as a Pure Parfum concentration. Then is lasts much longer. Also if you put some moisturizer (unscented) on, you can increase longevity. As for projection... who wants to stink up a room?
    For buying, check out Amazon. If it is sold by Amazon, and not another retailer on Amazon site, then it is guaranteed...

Did you ask your family if they could smell the TdH? Or are you assuming the didn't because they didn't say anything? In my experience, TdH projects quite well and has pretty good longevity. But you might also want to try the parfum version.

As for the Aventus, you might want to look around to see if anyone is doing a split or selling a decant. That's often a good way to get a fairly large quantity of fragrance for a price you can afford.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Sound Scents

Terre d'Hermes has superb projection and longevity. I own both the edt and pure parfum versions and I love them equally, but if you are looking for projection I suggest sticking with the edt as it projects better. Longevity is about the same with both (I get 12+ hours each).
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Platinum Egoiste projects and lasts, though it does remind me a bit of my auto's battery acid. Terre d'Hermes rides close to the skin, considering you snuggle with your gf more than with your family members it's understandable . It also has 55% of Iso-E Super which is a chemical that is used as a fixative or a babe magnet, depending on who you ask. Go to the Male Frag Discussion Forum and run a search for " Molecule 01 "--hours of fun--

Aventus, like nearly all Creeds, is overpriced but in my humble opinion far ahead of the other two you've mentioned.

Get it!

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

TdH pure parfum has excellent longevity and projection

Blog Entries

I agree with L'Incandescent. TdH has an excellent longevity on my skin and it projects well. I have the EDT and samples of the Parfum version (got a few from Sephora) and I usually layer them together eventhough not necessary. Ask your family members, maybe they're smelling it, but the scent isn't their type.

just because you cant smell the fragrance on you anymore that doesn't mean others can't.

My experience with Terre d'Hermès (EdT) is that it's surprisingly potent stuff. The first few times I sampled it I had to scrub it off, because it felt overwhelming, even suffocating. Since I kept liking it on others, I finally gave in and got my own bottle, and found that if I keep it to just two sprays on my chest, it's not overwhelming at all. In fact, I'm finally growing to love it. Those two sprays, though, definitely project -- I've had friends comment (not negatively) -- and it lasts into the late afternoon if not longer. Pretty impressive.

If you're spraying closer to your nose it's possible you're experiencing olfactory fatigue. Likely others can still smell it on you.

I love both Aventus and TdH and happy that I have both in my collection.

Get both eventually haha! They're both nice fragrances. Aventus just plain smells good, it's not that artistic and it's even described as "cheap" smelling, but hell sometimes we just need good smelling scents! Platinum Egoiste reminds me of Abercrombie Fierce except with that spicy top, which is good because I like Fierce. And Terre is just a classic, I agree, 2 sprays is more than enough.

Basenotes Member

Where do you buy your aventus , i am afraid of those 190$ bottles when it can sells for 330$ in bigger stores like ogilvy....i would like the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Terre d'Hermes has superb projection and longevity. I own both the edt and pure parfum versions and I love them equally, but if you are looking for projection I suggest sticking with the edt as it projects better. Longevity is about the same with both (I get 12+ hours each).
    I agree completely with this! A person becomes somewhat immune to the smell because of the relatively high dose of Iso E Super, but trust me, TdH lasts and projects fine! I find that both have a similar projection but will disagree just a tad with the poster, I think the edt may have slightly more projection, a close call. And even though the scents seem to smell the same as a first perception, the two are quite different. The edt starts with that amazing almost rotting citrus vibe and changes to reveal more wood. cedar and earth. The Pure Parfum has a longer lasting citrus opening and middle and is somewhat more linear. Check the notes at Fragrancenet.

TdH Pure Parfume: Top: Grapefruit, orange
    Base: Woodsy notes, Oak moss, Benzoin

TdH edt: Top: Grapefruit, orange
    Mid: Pepper, Pelargonium
    Base: Patchouli, Cedar, Vetiver, Besnoin
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Banned

one way or another, get Aventus ...

Aventus
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by hopscotchy View Post
    Hi everyone! , i recently tested alot of fragrances , and i really loved 2 fragrances in particular!

Terre d'hermes - got the perfume sample , it smell amazing , earthy and very sexy! *thats what my gf says* she even says it smell like sex lol but i dont think it projects alot. i had 2 sprays on my neck and one on each wrist and only my gf could smell it , my family didnt notice i was wearing something... thats my only drawback , i want people around me to notice i wear something. price is good for the quality. i would buy it because i like the smell and my gf 2 but unsure about projection, maybe the spray from the real bottle shoots more juice wich lead to better projection instead of the small decant i tried on me.

Aventus - i got a decant from Ogilvy in montreal , the smell is amazing , cant stop smelling it , smell very good and i sprayed 2 spray on my pillow ! :-) i would be willing to pay the price for this , but ogilvy sells it at 330 for the bigger bottle , and i went around other shops and they sell it for 190$ approx... so i was kind of bugged of are those 190$ fakes ? bad quality ? they were sold in stores in the eaton center in montreal... but for 190$ and be unsure of quality , sohuld i just buy for 330$ and have a empty mind?

i would like to try Bond no.9 but cant seems to find a place to test those in montreal and the area!

i tried platinum egoist and i really loved it , smells crisp and clean! and dry down to more woody / forest / green mossy like smell. i like that 2

What you guys think ?
    Aventus is an amazing scent - but compared to other Creeds it'a very expensive and hard to find in the 4.2 fl.oz bottle. I'm still looking to find this in the 4.2 fl.oz version - so far only have sampled it in a 2 ml tester, but it is very very nice clean fresh scent. Amazing. Lasts 5-7 hours on my skin.

TDH I own in 100 ml EDT and 200 ml Pure Perfume. It's an amazing great frag and lasts anywhere from 8-10 hours on my dry danish skin
    Especially from the 1-4 hour mark TDH really shines, and makes it smell like probably the best fragrance I have ever smelled. In fact I can only see 4-5 other frags in the same league as TDH - and among them are one of my other favorites, Egoiste Platinum Egoiste TDH the first hour is very grapefuity, but then turns into something more clear fresh metallic on my skin, sort of like a more classy refined Chanel Platinum.

Bond No.9 - you should try Silver Factory and Chez Bond. They are very fresh uni sex frags, but more on the manly side on my skin and are the two Bond No. 9's I own. Chez Bond is like a fresher take on Creed GIT, yet not fresh and synthetic like Cool Water.

Maybe you also should give Creed Green Valley a try - soft of like an even greener take on Creed GIT and even fresher than Cool Water OR you could give this hybrid a try, if you dare:

Layer 2 sprays of Cool Water with 2 sprays of Cartier Eau de Cartier Concentrée with 1 spray of Guerlain Vetiver. You get a very classy refined fresh version of Cool Water and GIT with a nice metallic accord.

Layering is not for everybody and 3/4 times it goes wrong - but 1/4 times it's magic on my skin !
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

GunnBBang

Get Aventus..

TdH is not as unique as Aventus..