Code of Conduct

Default "Stop The (Flanker) Madness" Campaign: La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne

Nice folks there at L'Oreal/"YSL" have done it again:
    Just what the world needed...Another flanker of L'Homme, or to be precise a flanker of a flanker... Yawn...
    Am i being too harsh here?

Default Re: "Stop The (Flanker) Madness" Campaign: La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne

Depends what it smells like!

...But I imagine I'd rather have a new stand-alone release, or even better, a re-release of original M7!

Default Re: "Stop The (Flanker) Madness" Campaign: La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne

Quote Originally Posted by Dan J View Post
    ...But I imagine I'd rather have a new stand-alone release
    Same here.

Ya they are just capitalizing on the success of Nuit (which I love). They can't fool the nose however. Will have to try it out.

"Pointless Flankers are no fun. Pointless Flankers endanger the noses and happiness of millions. They must stop. We appeal in particular to the designer brands of today.

STOP THE POINTLESS FLANKER MADNESS
    There are better things in life.

7ScentsOfHell supports the STOP THE POINTLESS FLANKER MADNESS campaign against boring, bland, obvious-money-grabbing flanker fragrances, JOIN US!"

Guess the original was quite a success. I've not smelled any of them yet. Must keep up, or not.

I keep hearing of L'Homme flankers I have never seen. L'Homme Summer? Is that out in the US?

If it smells good, who really cares? Just scratch the name off the bottle if it bothers you so much.

I'm looking forward to La Nuit de L'Homme Libre Gout du Parfum Pure Nachos featuring chili pepper and nacho cheese.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

I find it funny how you guys curse YSL for releasing flankers in the L'homme line, but are totally on board as Guerlain continues making Homme and Habit Rouge flankers.

Has La Nuit Sport and Extreme been released yet, maybe we will see La Nuit Extrait. Not forgetting the La Nuit shower gel and deodrant with a competion for the lucky winner too visit the La Nuit factory.lol

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by danho View Post
    I find it funny how you guys curse YSL for releasing flankers in the L'homme line, but are totally on board as Guerlain continues making Homme and Habit Rouge flankers.
    Well, I was not too happy about YSL releasing the original either... ;-)
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

I'll sample this and make a decision.....Sounds like it will be Great for summer!!!
    Gary

I cant wait to test this one. Madness is hating something before you smell it...
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    I cant wait to test this one. Madness is hating something before you smell it...
    Eheh, sure i dont hate anything before or after I test it Hating is just a waste of time, and I like to keep things in perspective!

Actually the "Stop the Madness" thing is just a small pun on the campaign with same name that Roadrunner Records ran in the 80's/90's against the use of drugs and has been since used here and there with anything people consider is getting "too much"...

Actually there's no "madness" in releasing flanker-after-flanker-after-flanker, in reality it shows shrewd calculism and in plain commercial terms it makes perfect sense.

If there was anything i could call "madness" (in a good way) was releasing M7 in 2002, in the way it was a bold, daring risk at the time...heck, it was a release before it's time, IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Eheh, sure i dont hate anything before or after I test it Hating is just a waste of time, and I like to keep things in perspective!

Actually the "Stop the Madness" thing is just a small pun on the campaign with same name that Roadrunner Records ran in the 80's/90's against the use of drugs and has been since used here and there with anything people consider is getting "too much"...

Actually there's no "madness" in releasing flanker-after-flanker-after-flanker, in reality it shows shrewd calculism and in plain commercial terms it makes perfect sense.

If there was anything i could call "madness" (in a good way) was releasing M7 in 2002, in the way it was a bold, daring risk at the time...heck, it was a release before it's time, IMO!

Banned

I gotta say, I'm pretty excited about a new L'Homme flanker. Simple as that. I'll definitely get it when it comes out.

Banned

there is a place for flankers as long as your trash does not overflow into the street ...

Quote Originally Posted by 7ScentsOfHell View Post

So really you are saying "STOP THE MADNESS OF MAKING TONS OF MONEY!!!"

How about "D.A.R.E...... to keep kids off of YSL L'Homme flankers!!"

Hating is all relative on here. Like, you can say that you really hate a violet note and we know what you mean...
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

If the fragrance is nice then I don't mind flankers (or flankers of flankers!).

Plus the bottles look cool all lined up together!

I like flankers except when they don't make sense.

The summer flanker of L'Eau D'Issey doesn't make sense to me because - Issey is already a summery scent as far as I'm concerned. Wheras Issey Intense is more wearable in other seasons, because of its added woods.

The summer flankers of Kouros make more sense - to me it's best as a summer scent, but I know others wear it in other seasons.

By way of contrast all the summer flankers of Joop PH make total sense, as Joop is pretty overpowering in summer.

Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Same here.
    same here