Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Norfolk Lavender - English Lavender Cologne

Prompted by 30 Roses, on my L'Occitane Lavender thread, I started investigating Norfolk Lavender.

It seems that they are a UK based company, and they have lavender fragrances, bath products and the like.

I do see that back in 1999, there was a book published about the company.

Does anyone have any experience with this line?

Are they sold through any US retailers (besides eBay?)

This lavender fan's curiosity is piqued...
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Default Re: Norfolk Lavender - English Lavender Cologne

I have not purchased anything from them but here is the link to their website if you have not found it yourself:

http://www.norfolk-lavender.co.uk/sh...ucts-c-66.html

It looks very interesting for those of us who like their lavender.

I visited their 'Lavender Gardens' in Norfolk, maybe 7 years ago, on the edge of some extensive lavender farm real estate. I think they supply lavender oil to the industry. Many varieties of lavender on display and plants for sale. The usual gift shops/cafe etc. Lots of coach trips stop there (it's near Sandringham, the Queen's country estate) and their fragrances are aimed at this market I think - the 'blue rinse brigade'. I bought a lavender spray for granny, can't remember much about it, sorry. And I can't ask granny as she has gone to the great lavender field in the sky. Worth a visit if you are in the area but don't make it the centrepiece of your holiday!

Basenotes Institution

Thanks Jack Hunter, yes I saw the site this morning - I guess I could always try just buying directly from the UK website. I did this when I purchased the Caldey Island and I didn't have any problems...although it did take a bit longer than usual (3-4 weeks, if I remember).

The Lavender Cologne Spray is listed in two seperate spots on the site (here's the other one). Are they different?
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    ...and their fragrances are aimed at this market I think - the 'blue rinse brigade'. I bought a lavender spray for granny, can't remember much about it, sorry...
    That made me giggle. LOL

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I can see where the confusion is coming from as both are named the same but have different labels and bottles. I cannot believe how affordable these bottles are, a real steal. Strange thing is you have 50ml of one for 9.99 and then in the special offer section the other bottle for 100ml is 8.99.

There is no indication if each one is a specific type of lavender as they both are described as English Lavender. But at those prices if in doubt pick both of them up.

Basenotes Institution

Totally agree Jack. My fingers are itching to get these...

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

They probably just redesigned their packaging for an updated look, and eliminated the items that didn't sell well. I'm guessing the older scent and the new are the same.

Basenotes Institution

So, I was able to find a vintage bottle of it, on eBay. Lucky me. I will post about it when it arrives. It looks like this:

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Congrats!

Basenotes Institution

I have you to thank for this 30 Roses.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Mike, thank you for sharing this.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I have you to thank for this 30 Roses.
    If it reeks, you'll know who to blame, too!

(Note that I found a lavender-colored smiley for you.)