Code of Conduct

Default Wearing "the opposite sex" frag

Ladies: What your favorite male scent to wear? I'm not asking what you like a guy to wear...what's a scent geared for men that YOU love to wear?

Gentlemen: Same, but reversed. What feminine-oriented scent do you love to wear?

I'm not talking about scents labeled as "unisex"--I'm talking about scents labeled for the opposite sex that you enjoy wearing.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Default Re: Wearing "the opposite sex" frag

Quote Originally Posted by Teach13 View Post
    Gentlemen: Same, but reversed. What feminine-oriented scent do you love to wear?
    Personally none come to mind. Once my wife had me try Vetiver Pour Elle, but didn't care for it.

Rochas Man

I assume you'll get a lot of Sycomore references (in before cacio).

I can't say I've ever really worn a female fragrance, though I'm not opposed to it. If I remember correctly, Portrait of a Lady is technically also a female frag and it's popular around here.

I wear Egoiste, Knize Ten, M7, and PdN's Vie de Chateau and New York. And The Body Shop's White Musk for Men.

I also wear Idole but not sure if that's meant to be more unisex.

Forgot to mention Eau des Baux and Tom of Finland

Guerlainista

I wear Mitsouko, Jicky, and Vol de Nuit. I also just got a bottle of Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau and I wear that too.

Aside from the Guerlains, I think many of the Estee Lauders are wearable - I have and wear Azuree and Alliage.

Also Bal a Versailles. I love Jubilation 25 - I plan to get it sooner or later.

Chypre de Coty.

Those are the ones that come to mind, but there are probably another 1/2 dozen or so.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

L'Artisan Navegar.

Guerlains SDV is as daring as I go, gotta keep my hairy chest and deep manly masculine voice. lol

Sound Scents

Portrait of a Lady, of course.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

So hairy chests dissolve in a spritz of Mitsouko? A voice hits Countertenor after a dab of Shalimar? Wrong reasons not to wear a fragrance. Wear it because you like it; don't wear it if you don't. As I have posted many many times before, fragrance has no gender.
    I wear Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleu, Apres L'Ondee, Bal a Versailles, Shalimar, Aromatics Elixir, as well as several supposedly masculine fragrances. I wear what I want, when I want; and always because I like them.

Recently, I've really enjoyed Just Me by Montana.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Caron En Avion
    Chanel Bois des Iles
    Chanel Cuir de Russie
    Guerlain Mitsouko
    Dior Hypnotic Poison
    Just to name a few...

Blog Entries

Yes -- Coromandel by Chanel.

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Portrait of a Lady, of course.
    This. There is a note in this that is like crack. You just can't stop sniffing.

Too many to mention. As I write, I am wearing the sensational vintage Shocking by Schiaparelli.

I recommend homeopatic doses of Anais Anais on men.

cacio

A lot...
    Egoiste
    Sables
    New York
    Equipage
    Just to name a few. Just look at my collection lol

Ooh and just received TF Noir as a birthday gift!

Blog Entries

I think most of what i wear is marketed as unisex, i think. Well it SHOULD be. I like TF Arabian Wood is that unisex or male? I love M7 Oud Absolu and L'Occitane Eau De Vetyver

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I wear Mitsouko, Shalimar, Chanel no.19, Chanel Cuir de Russie, Chanel Bois des Iles and Cuir de Lancome and it doesn't besmerck my manhood. I just love the way they smell on me.
    Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity - COCO CHANEL

And that's the way it should be.

Black Orchid and Portrait of a Lady.

Bal a Versailles, Balmain de Balmain, Shalimar, Mitsouko, Arpege, Rochas Femme, Cabochard, Metal, Jicky, Agent Provocateur, Black Orchid, Aromatics Elixir, Jolie Madame, Habanita, Le Baiser Du Dragon, Magie Noire, Must De Cartier, Cuir de Lancome, Bandit, L'Heure Bleue, Miss Balmain, Youth Dew Amber Nude, L, Blv Notte, Oxygen, Silences, Magnifico, Azuree, Jungle, La Nuit and Kelly Calache. To name but a few.

I'm new to the whole fragrance thing. I've been trying a lot of male and female fragrances. My favorite opposite sex frag so far is Angel. It smells really great on me and if I spray a tiny bit of fem Angel, wait a while and layer on a little Angel For Men...perfect!

To clarify...I only wear feminine fragrances in the privacy of my own home, when I know I'll be alone. That said...I also have been liking Hypnotic Poison, which I bought based on discussions here at BN.
    Last edited by Crow; 28th October 2012 at 03:47 AM.

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    I'm new to the whole fragrance thing. I've been trying a lot of male and female fragrances. My favorite opposite sex frag so far is Angel. It smells really great on me and if I spray a tiny bit of fem Angel, wait a while and layer on a little Angel For Men...perfect!

To clarify...I only wear feminine fragrances in the privacy of my own home, when I know I'll be alone. That said...I also have been liking Hypnotic Poison, which I bought based on discussions here at BN.
    I agree. I think Angel is pretty unisex - at least as much as most gourmands that are marketed to guys. It's similar to A*Men but more floral and lacking the "tar" note. I haven't tried layering it with A*Men, but that sounds like a fantastic idea, and not just "for a newbie."

You're in Indiana? Yeah, probably wise not to wear anything too femme out and about. For me, I don't mind being thought of as a guy who wears fragrance, but I don't really want to be thought of as the guy that wears women's perfume. My life is complicated enough as it is.

Some are pretty doable under any conditions. I can wear Azuree easily in public an hour or so after application, and some others. Most others I wear at home, or occasionally on a night out, depending on where I'm going.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Prada Infusion d'Iris EdP.
    Alan

Most recently: "Jennifer Aniston", which I have in rotation with "Gendarme" as my "freshly cleaned and laundered" scent; "Bronze Goddess" which I use in the summer as it smells like suntan lotion; "Une Bois Vanille" which is a great winter gourmand and which gets the most positive reaction of them all;

Honestly, I never worry about the scent itself being perceived as too feminine. If I like it and want to wear it then its masculine enough for me. I do, however, hate having a big gold glittery bottle of something called "Bronze Goddess" sitting on the bathroom vanity or the girl-y Jennifer Aniston bottle as, invariably, someone will note it and ask whose it is and why I have it - which then requires an explanation about the fact that I wear it - and for some people, that's like stumbling upon a secret stash of high heeled shoes...If those very same fragrances were in plain bottles like "Encre Noire" or "Une Bois Vanille", no one would raise an eyebrow at all.

So the challenge is more the gender perception of the fragrance when presented with the marketing/bottle than the scent itself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Ruskin View Post
    So hairy chests dissolve in a spritz of Mitsouko? A voice hits Countertenor after a dab of Shalimar? Wrong reasons not to wear a fragrance. Wear it because you like it; don't wear it if you don't. As I have posted many many times before, fragrance has no gender.
    I wear Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleu, Apres L'Ondee, Bal a Versailles, Shalimar, Aromatics Elixir, as well as several supposedly masculine fragrances. I wear what I want, when I want; and always because I like them.
    Aromatics Elixir is an amazing scent! The only reason I don't wear it, is that it's one of my wife's best friend's signature scents - it would just be too weird for all of us. But *total* respect!!!

I love Vol de Nuit, Chanel no.5 Eau Première, Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie, and my new love is Coco Noir.

Habit Rouge.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I can honestly say that I have yet to find a ladies fragrance that I actually enjoyed wearing. And believe me, I have tried many.

Chanel No5 hands down - a major comforter for me

I mostly wear man`s fragrances and unisex sometimes..
    KINSKI
    Yosh Sombre Negra
    Moulton Brown Singosari
    Diptyque Blvd 34

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    I agree. I think Angel is pretty unisex - at least as much as most gourmands that are marketed to guys. It's similar to A*Men but more floral and lacking the "tar" note.
    One interesting thing I've noticed about Angel is that on my skin it smells very feminine at first but then turns less so (on me, anyway) but any overspray that gets on my clothing retains the feminine "essence" much longer.