Code of Conduct

Default Longest longevity you have ever experienced?

What is your craziest longevity story? I ask this because this morning I wake up(its 8am) and I clearly smell the Le Male that I applied the previous morning(9am) without putting my arm to my nose and a completely different shirt and everything. I could smell it right now just as if I have freshly applied some other fragrance with avg projection.

Sound Scents

Default Re: Longest longevity you have ever experienced?

Portrait of a Lady was over 30 hours at near full strength on skin (even after a couple showers and a dip in the pool). It lasted well over 4 days on my jacket sleeve where some of it must have rubbed off on it while wearing it.

Runner ups are Bogart pour Homme, Crown Imperial and Giorgio for Men in that order.
    Last edited by drseid; 7th March 2012 at 03:18 PM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

D&G Pour Homme (Vintage formula) - When applied this was strong and I thought nice for the first few hours. The problem was is that ten hours later it was as strong and unyielding and never changing from when I first applied it. Another five hours it had faded a bit but was still their. I wake the next day and I can still smell it," does this frag ever quit as it has outstayed its welcome" . I remember asking myself.

I ended up just giving it away.

Knize Ten Gold. It was still clearly present 24 hours later. I'm sure it would have lasted even longer if I hadn't had a shower.
    Last edited by WillC; 7th March 2012 at 04:33 PM.
    Click to view my swap thread (L'Occitane and Tam Dao products going):

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...mp-body-lotion

Wenge by Donna Karan was my biggest surprise regarding longevity ,over 20 hours.

I'm pretty sure my skin eats scents, I put PoaL on my arm last night and I can't smell it at all, and it died down after a couple hours. Every once and a while I'll get a spike in longevity from just a random scent for no reason. It must be an Ohio thing, the weather can't make up it's mind and neither can my skin.

The longest-lasting I own is Gris Clair, followed by Santos Concentree. I'm not keen on Sables but that rivals Gris Clair for longevity.

Montale Attar - all day

24 hours with One Man Show Gold easily

As someone with generally awful scent longevity on skin, I am happy with Caron pour un homme.

I was very happy to smell Montale's Black Oud the next day and still very strong. But the winner in my cabinet is Clive Christian's C for men. It is out of this world.

ELDO Rien, probably. It's a bitter leather that stays on for days.

cacio

I once got 15 hours or so out of Lapidus Pour Homme. It might have gone on indefinitely if I didn't have to shower.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Portrait of a Lady
    Giorgio for Men
    Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    Knize Ten Gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    ELDO Rien
    These are quite insane indeed. I also get an exasperating lasting power from a bunch of Montales. They stick around for monthes...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Cool Water. It lasted through numerous swimming sessions and over 24 hours. Although it was 2 sprays on the same spot. and to be honest, almost nauseating, It seemed really synthetic, which I can't specifically remember from the previous time I tried it with just the normal one spray.

Annick Goutal Sables, three days and two showers later and it was still there.

Blog Entries

Maybe it was because I was younger back then, but Jovan Musk for Men always lasted a long time and projected like crazy when I was a teenager. The scent lingers on the shirt for a couple of days.

Last month, after purchasing Colors for Men by Benetton, I sprayed it on me at around 8PM and woke up at 6am the following day still smelling it. It will probably last longer if I didn't have to shower that day. I was surprised as I don't remember it lasting that long when I first had it back in the 90's.

From my current rotation, L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme seems to be the winner in terms of longevity. It stays with me the whole day.

Quote Originally Posted by Matkinson View Post
    Cool Water. It lasted through numerous swimming sessions and over 24 hours. Although it was 2 sprays on the same spot. and to be honest, almost nauseating, It seemed really synthetic, which I can't specifically remember from the previous time I tried it with just the normal one spray.
    I tried this and thought it was really unpleasant. tried to wash it off after an hour or so but couldn't get rid off it (which put me off even more).
    Agree with op about Le male, can still clearly smell it next morning, same with paco rabanne. the only thoing I have tried stronger than these ones is Kouros. Lasts on clothes for at least a week. This is a plus factor for me as I love it.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Matkinson View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't just chlorine?

Seriously though, Romeo Gigli Sud Est is definitely up there in longevity.

Knize Ten, Drakkar Noir, Fendi Uomo all outlasted, on me, even 24 hours, being remotely perceptible even the second day after application

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I once got 15 hours or so out of Lapidus Pour Homme. It might have gone on indefinitely if I didn't have to shower.
    Lapidus is King of Longevity. Nothing comes close to this beast.
    LLAM has a tendency of overstaying its welcome.

Ambre Sultan.
    I could detect it on my wrist after three days and six showers.
    For some reason I don't always get the same results from my fragrances but some that I have been able to smell the next day are:
    Opium Pour Homme edt & edp
    L'instant de Guerlain PH Extreme
    Jaipur edp
    A*men
    Egoiste (not the current formulation)

Probably Kouros. Can't even wash that $hit off...

Also it seems like synthetic ouds have a fixative effect and last FOREVER... Montale and Cruel Intentions By Kilian come to mind.

Ambre Sultan. One small spray on my wrist the first time I tried it instore, and I could still smell it 2 days & a couple of showers later.

Leather Oud
    N'Aimez Que Moi (parfum extrait)
    Cuir Mauresque

How do you measure longevity?
    Raising your wrist to your nose or the projection from your wrist?
    I measure in the latter way.

for swap/sale:

Antidote, L'Instant Extreme, Ungaro III (especially if I raise my body temperature), Jaipur EdT (never tried EdP), Santos Concentree, Opium EdT... in no particular order.

Aventus always lasts 24+ hrs on me

Yves St-Laurent - Kouros : Last on my body for more than 24-30 hours and days on my clothes. Even after a shower, I can still smell it. This is really strong.

Another one that last forever is Ambre Fetiche from Annick Goutal.
    Tristan Lavoie
    Marié, infidèle et heureux.
    http://tristanheureux.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    Aventus always lasts 24+ hrs on me
    I wish I got that kind of longevity from Aventus. I get maybe five or six.

TF Santal Blush lasts a good 30 hours on me, even surviving showers where I specifically try to scrub it off.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Dependent

I accidentally spilled a little Tobacco Vanille from the flacon on my hand: 48 hours later it was still a skin scent.
    "The most beautiful sea hasn’t been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasn’t grown up yet. The most beautiful days we haven’t seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I haven’t said yet…"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Costume National Homme has extreme longevity!

Atlas Cedar L´Occitane eau de parfum outstanding long lasting juice.

Xeryus Rouge and Opium are also very long lasting on my skin.
    Last edited by _Enigma_; 7th March 2012 at 07:51 PM.
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

On my skin, Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme (vintage and the current formula, not the intermediate one) lasts more than 24 hours and even after that period seems to be at the beginning of another one of his many drydown stages! (it's one of the most versatile fragrances I've encountered) followed by YSL - Kouros, Ralph Lauren - Polo (1978), Joop! Homme (1989), Guy Laroche - Drakkar (the original - 1972) and Givenchy - Xeryus Rouge (vintage formula)
    Last edited by VC&Aph; 8th March 2012 at 08:50 PM.

HdP 1740 lasts forever on my skin (and my skin tends to eat scents). Lasts over 24 hours and survives a shower.

Also, I found an old tester strip of 1740 from May 2011 a few weeks ago. It still smelled pretty clearly of 1740, even after 9 months - amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Costume National Homme has extreme longevity!
    Agreed.....I would also add Eternity

Santal 33

I would say Kouros and Joop as the longest lasting. Le Male also lasts a long time on me. I travel to Scotland from Ireland to watch football with my supporters club. I get up at 4am on days we leave as we have to get the boat over at 7am. Around 5am I put on Le Male, not that much mind you and when I came home at 10pm that night, I could still smell it. Kouros however is in another league with me. That does last a long long time. I normally get 2 showers a day, so it is not often I get to experience an all day fragrance event.

24 hours after spraying I can still smell.....A*Men, Boucheron Pour Homme EdP, Jaipur Pour Homme EdP and Polo (Green)!!!
    Gary

Sampled some Boadicea the Victorious at Harrods last year. The SA sprayed 2 sprays onto my wrist of, I think, Seduction. It lasted on my wrist around 36 hours, after 2 showers, and on the cuff of my jersey (which I didn't wash) for around a week!!!

Iris 39 by Le Labo too.
    I once sprayed it at 6:30 am and did not change my clothes till 9 pm that day. I could still smell it from a projective manner not just a skin scent.

for swap/sale:

New Haarlem lasts for quite a while on me, well into the 15-17 hour mark.

Caron's Tabac Blond extrait doesn't leave my skin or clothes until washed off. If I do not wash my shirt, but just leave it hanging up, it is strong enough to count as a perfume in its own right a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    Lapidus is King of Longevity. Nothing comes close to this beast.
    LLAM has a tendency of overstaying its welcome.
    So true about Lapidus. I just wished I liked it. It doesn't come off with washing. Balenciaga Pour Homme almost has the same longevity and projection. I love that one.

Ambre Sultan...2 days.
    Womanity...3 days.
    Secretions Magnifique...it never goes away!
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

24-48 hour longevity or more:
    Opus IV
    Opus V (ugggh)
    Memoir Man
    ...many other Amouage scents
    L'Antimatiere
    M/Mink
    Fleur du Male
    Le Male
    + almost all Montales
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Guerlainista

I don't get great longevity on skin usually, but one that really surprised me was Kilian Taste of Heaven. It lasted all day, through a high-intensity workout, and a change of clothes - and it was still strong. Normally I don't smell any fragrance on my skin after about 4 hours. Others that last are Montale Black Aoud and Blue Amber, Ambre Sultan, Fumerie Turque, and Chergui.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    I don't get great longevity on skin usually, but one that really surprised me was Kilian Taste of Heaven.
    Yup, out of all of them this is the one that just keeps on keeping on. Bit too too much of a good thing, really - I find myself wearing it less now because it's such a damned commitment.

Chergui and Cuir Beluga are pretty potent as well.

Jaipur Homme EdP lasts forever on me. I've gotten a good 24 hours including taking a shower after applying. I love it but find I need to choose wisely when I want to wear this one.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

First is Amouage Epic by far. This one stayed more than 24 hours on my skin three showers and one sauna session included!

Second ist Kouros.

Strangely enough, the best longevity I get from anything I've tried is with Boss Bottled. It just never dies on my skin. It never really develops either. Stays linear but clear and strong as when first applied.

I think Noir Epice, I had a sample from Barney's sprayed it on in the car and got some on the seatbelt. It lasted like 3 months in the Las Vegas heat on that seatbelt, smelled pretty good but sheesh too long!
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

As I've previously posted, I wore Joop PH one evening. My shirt just kept on puttiing out scent night after night, and my bedroom just kept smelling strongly of Joop. I continued the experiment for 12 days, and my shirt still smelled strongly of Joop, but I then decided to abandon the experiment and throw the shirt into the washing machine.

Annick Goutals Sables lasted about four days on my wrist, despite showers in between (though I tried not soaping my wrist). But it never had the output of Joop PH.
    Regards,
    Renato

Montale Moukhalat
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

My skin drinks cologne and I certainly don't have the answer for this but for some reason Vetiver Guerlain stays with me on and on and on. It's unbelievable. Sometimes I think it's just some kind of strange batch because I have tried the bottles with the ripples and it's nowhere near as powerful as mine. Mine is the new formulation in the tall bottle and it will stay with you for a very long time. I can still smell it in my bedroom sometimes 2 or 3 days later.

Dior homme , one spray to the base of my forearm lasted 2 days! surviving 3 showers during that period. Insane. Usually a full wearing lasts about 20+ hours.
    Prada amber man & Infusion D'homme, on skin, 24+ hours every time.
    Azzaro chrome sport , 16 hours , not too bad for a sport fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiptos View Post
    I think Noir Epice, I had a sample from Barney's sprayed it on in the car and got some on the seatbelt. It lasted like 3 months in the Las Vegas heat on that seatbelt, smelled pretty good but sheesh too long!
    That happened to me too and with Encre Noire too.
    But I sprayed at home and the belt absorbed the perfume from my chest.

for swap/sale: