Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What is the most stunning fragerance you have ever experienced ?

Le Labo Poirve 23 by far is best fragerance I have ever smelled thus far. From the initial application to the dry down nothing in my collection competes. My second place would be L'instant Exteme.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What is the most stunning fragerance you have ever experienced ?

Grey Flannel. Edges Kouros out by a hair.

frankincense dipped in Old Spice. Old School.

To this day, its still Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male. Do I know objectively that there are better fragrances? Maybe. But to me, Le Male is love. Its like a man that is madly in love with his wife. He sees Adrianna Lima, and he knows that objectively she might be more attractive than his wife, but to him, his wife is still the most beautiful woman on the planet. Its the only fragrance that evokes an emotion for me.

For me, the best of all time.

Dependent

Whatever it is, it didn't come from a bottle or vial.

1. Kouros/Fahrenheit
    2. Antaeus/Opium
    3. Platinum Egoiste/Egoiste
    4. Terre D'Hermés Pure Perfume/EDT
    5. Green Irish Tweed/Cool Water

Can't tell which of these I prefer - they are all magic to me
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Tobacco Vanille.

There's also something a little magical about Millesime Imperial for me. It's very uplifting and bubbly.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    To this day, its still Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male. Do I know objectively that there are better fragrances? Maybe. But to me, Le Male is love. Its like a man that is madly in love with his wife. He sees Adrianna Lima, and he knows that objectively she might be more attractive than his wife, but to him, his wife is still the most beautiful woman on the planet. Its the only fragrance that evokes an emotion for me.

That guy reminds me of Mango from SNL.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post

That's awesome man! Well stated.

Sadly, that photo seems misplaced. Doesn't really scream "man loving his wife" to me.
    Wild at Heart and Weird on Top

Quote Originally Posted by mikesc View Post
    Tobacco Vanille.

There's also something a little magical about Millesime Imperial for me. It's very uplifting and bubbly.
    Same, Tobacco Vanille is just magical to me. I smelled Pure Malt and Pure Havane, don't really have a preference but love them both.

Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur .

Guerlainista

Habit Rouge, or maybe Mitsouko.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Invasion Barbare . It took a while for my senses to regroup after the first whiff which was pure pleasure.

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ace11 View Post
    Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur .
    +1

I love Timbuktu, it is such a beautiful scent.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Can't name just one, impossible

VIP for Men, or by its proper name, Giorgio Beverly Hills V.I.P Special Reserve. Spent years looking for anything that smelled even remotely like it. Fortunately I found a few "new" bottles reasonably priced a few years ago on ebay.

Gucci Nobile ranks a very close second and I had similar luck on ebay finding some bottles still factory wrapped for a decent price. Prices for both are outrageous these days.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Quote Originally Posted by limaaa View Post
    Can't name just one, impossible
    +1. -But I can`t ignore Chanel Egoiste

Too many to name.

Vintage Chanel No.5

L'Heure Bleue

too many to mention but the first time I smelled Sous Le Vent I was definitely stunned! Or Black was another one.
    Last edited by alfarom; 8th March 2012 at 08:52 AM.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Tobacco Vanille is my personal favourite.

Amouage Homage Attar.

+1 for L'Heure Bleue

My absolute favorites:

Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme (1978)

Yves Saint Laurent - Kouros (1981)

Chanel - Égoïste / L'Égoïste (1990)

Mona di Orio's Oud. No scent had such a strong effect on me as this one. It is simply alive.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Too many to name.
    Agreed. But Creed Aventus and Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport are just perfect for the hot weather in Brazil!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Amouage Homage Attar.
    + 1
    Click to view my swap thread (L'Occitane and Tam Dao products going):

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...mp-body-lotion

Aramis
    Fahrenheit
    Pure Havane

nautica voyage

Quote Originally Posted by themoogle View Post
    nautica voyage
    Ohhh I have to disagree - have to be Williams Ice Blue
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

ysl kouros and hermes poivre samarcante..

both are amazing!!!

Etro's ... Messe de Minuit , EDC

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Of my own: Tobacco Vanille
    Of all time: Miss Dior (Original) - my mother wears this and it reminds me of being a child, in the best way.

Sound Scents

Portrait of a Lady by Frederic Malle. I really did not expect to like it when I initially asked to try it at Barney's, but it just absolutely wowed me beyond belief. Any scent that makes me literally make a u-turn when exiting the store in order to climb a few flights of stairs to smell it again definitely has made a strong impression.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

JHL. Stands shoulder to shoulder with some of the finest fragrances I've ever worn. I would include in this group the likes of Heritage EDP, Tiffany for Men, Patou pour Homme, vintage Derby to name a few I would consider heavyweights.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Amouage Lyric Man stunned me, overwhelmingly, and unexpectedly, on a visceral level. I experienced a gestalt moment that whisked me to my childhood. More recently, I was rocked by Voyage d'Hermes and literally gasped with pleasure when I smelled it. Strangely, I am very reticent to wear Lyric, despite the effect it has on me, whereas I love to spritz Voyage as if I had an endless supply. Go figger.

Of my collection Spiritueuse Double Vanille. I really enjoyed my sample of Jubilation XXV though.

I know it'll change over time but I recently sampled Vis et Honor from O'Driu and was thrilled by it. Completely outside the box notewise.
    Re: Avatar-So are they whats known as subwoofers?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Whatever it is, it didn't come from a bottle or vial.
    This ^^^^^^^^^ , but a close second is Windsor by Creed ...

Basenotes Plus

Dark Rose, by Czech & Speake. This is breathtaking on a woman.

Vintage Mitsouko parfum

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Coco by Chanel

Not necessarily my favorite scent, but hands-down the most stunning I've ever smelled. There's lightning on the bottle for a reason.

Le Labo Rose 31

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Vintage Mitsouko parfum
    + 1

I've started dabbling in blending for myself... the first time I made something that actually smelled good, I was pretty stunned.

Puredistance M of course, with Homage close behind.

Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense, definitely!

Tuscan Leather
    Black Orchid
    Aventus

A couple decades ago, when I was in high school, I was mowing my parents' lawn. Some predator had killed a squirrel and left it in the summer sun for a couple days before I came along with the lawnmower and pulped it.

The fragrance was quite literally stunning.

Bottled? Sycomore.
    My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N° 2

Clive Christian C
    SALE:Bond no.9, Armani Code Summer, Prada, Kenzo, Amouage...more!!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/310...o-Amouage-more!!

To many to name tbh.

Patchouli 24, Chinatown and Geranium pour monsieur all stunned me at first sniff.

Bois des Iles parfum

But really, some of the ones I love didn't 'stun' me at first sniff. Chene, Dior Homme, and Egoiste all fall in this category. I grew to love them only after wearing a few times.

Clive Christian C
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

Idole by Lubin -- stunning bottle to compliment
    For women -- Visa by Piguet

Back to Black. Was already planning purchase of a second bottle immediately after sniffing it for the first time.

The most stunningly good one is Creed Vintage Tabarome.

The fragrance of the hops vats at Anheuser Busch.