Code of Conduct

Default Alien: EDP v. EDT

I just recently tried Alien EDP by Thierry Mugler, and I really really like it. In fact, I'm infatuated with it. But I'm wondering about the EDT, which I haven't tried. It's much cheaper.

Just how similar is the EDT, and is the EDP worth it?

It's on my birthday wish list, and my boyfriend may buy it for me.
    But I don't want to break him if the EDT is pretty good too.

Whadda y'all think?
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Default Re: Alien: EDP v. EDT

Basically, Alien EDT is the watered down version of the EDP without the amazing and weird metallic jasmine top-note. My friend who likes Alien EDP but finds it too heavy on the floral loves the EDT.
    I think if you've already love the EDP, buying the EDT is like settling with the 2nd best which is very depressing I think
    If you concern about the price then buy the 1 oz of the EDP since it's so strong, it will last you as long as the 2 oz of the EDT
    Last edited by jasonx; 13th March 2012 at 01:50 PM.

Ooo, thanks. Finally. This is the least replied to thread I've ever posted. And though my boyfriend decided to buy me something else instead- which is cool- I will have to obtain Alien myself at some point, if I'm even still into it. I think I will go for the EDP, though I'd like to at least try the EDT. I love the intensity and staying power. It lasts forever on clothing and has seemingly magical projective powers! I can spray one spray on my bra, wear the same bra the next day, or the next, and there it is, just wafting away.

Come to think of it, it also gives me that "Easter basket" feeling I was describing of Mentafollia. Hm.

Cool. Thanks for the input, Jasonx.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Don't get the EDT. Alien EDP is definitely the best (even the bottle is nicer).
    It's been a long hot Summer in Sydney, looking forward to Winter & wearing vanilla fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by KeLLsTar View Post
    Don't get the EDT. Alien EDP is definitely the best (even the bottle is nicer).
    Update: bought the EDP! 2 whole ounces. Wooooo!

Congrats Miss Casey! I have yet to like a TM scent yet, maybe one day!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Congrats Miss Casey! I have yet to like a TM scent yet, maybe one day!
    Thanks! It's definitely unlike any of my other scents. I've never tried any other TMs, myself. I bought myself a sample of the EDP spray, and I don't know, there's just somethin about it. I thought maybe it made me feel high, but it could have been something else causing that. Either way, I've tested it several times with great results and just cannot resist a full bottle.

I don't even know why I like it! It's odd and synthetic- almost plasticky at times- it's everything I hate in a fragrance, but for some reason I love it. Its sum is greater than its parts, or something. Something about its effect and composition has me sold. It makes me feel happy and nostalgic. And high!
    Last edited by misscasey; 20th March 2012 at 11:32 PM.

I think Alien edp is amaaaazing! But I'd reach for the edt more often I think.

Quote Originally Posted by misscasey View Post
    ...there's just somethin about it. I thought maybe it made me feel high, but it could have been something else causing that.
    Well, this is rather interesting! What could it be?

Quote Originally Posted by misscasey View Post
    It makes me feel happy and nostalgic. And high!
    This is excellent - the joy of fragrance. That's exactly how my favorite perfumes make me feel, too!

I like Alien edp, too - that's a good one, misscasey, and definitely not your run-of-the-mill jasmine fragrance. I've sniffed several of the flankers but not edt - is it the exact same scent but lighter? My favorite of the Aliens is the yellow one, Sunessence Eau Legere, I think it's called. It's an edt, and it's definitely Alien underneath, but it has a bright lemony/citrus top that makes it so fresh and appealing, and really nice for warmer weather ...although I'd imagine the edp would be nice in heat too, as long as you go easy.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan