Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I can't believe that people talking about style would discuss whether to tuck polo shirts in or not! Polo shirts are for people that do dress down Fridays, and they think they look smart because they have a silly looking collar. But all the big brands sell them, why? Because they sell! Many men are still clueless about style. Please men, for the love of God, donate those potato sack polo shirts to charity and get some style!

Default Re: Tuck the polo shirt in??

They can still be worn well untucked:

But those oversized polos with huge logos on them, or non-existent polo club paraphernalia plastered all over them? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cosgrove View Post
    They can still be worn well untucked:

But those oversized polos with huge logos on them, or non-existent polo club paraphernalia plastered all over them? No.
    Puke! A shirt would look much smarter than that pile of .....

It looks better tucked in. It's a smarter look.

Basenotes Member

I will wear a Polo tucked if playing a round of golf or other sports. Untucked if casual dress. Many of today's designers include side slits to promote wearing untucked.

ApparelnBags.com, 3030 N Rocky Point Dr. Suite 150. Tampa, FL 33607, United States

Actually it depends on the body structures of our's Polos in my sense is one of the best wearing especially while you have to attend some business meeting or if want to go for a party i mostly tucked in my Adidas & Hanes Polos as i love to wear Polos from these famous brands.
    http://www.apparelnbags.com/athleticwear-athletic-polo.htm

Get polo shirts that are well cut to cling to your waistline. It's a good compromise. Nothing worse than a baggy waist.

Basenotes Plus

Polo shirts = partially tucked or untucked.

Business shirts = tucked in.

I think a large part of it depends upon the pants. If your pants have a moderately high waist band, do NOT tuck in... because you'll look like some retired guy. If your pants waist sits just above your hips or lower, it can look good if you've got a trim belly. Otherwise, better to leave the shirt out. Also, when tucked in, leave some slack--don't wear the shirt flush tight to your abdomen.

The reason polo ralph lauren has an uneven vented hem is so that its easier for it to stay tucked in. It's not just there for show. A polo is meant to be worn either way. It really depends on the situation and how comfortable you want to be. For work I always tucked in my polo because it looked like I cared about my job more in a way haha. Outside of work I would never ever tuck in a polo shirt; I liked the feeling of being free haha * I own ralph laurenand I respect it but I'm partial to the lacoste brand due to the fact that the vented hem is even with an inch split. I think It looks better than an untucked ralph lauren. Other reasons I also love lacoste *are because their history. They were the first brand ever to display a logo on their clothing, they use genuine mother of pearl on their buttons, and they invented the polo shirt. You cant go wrong with either of the two "luxury brands". * Something I don't like on polos regardless of brands is the oversized logos that SCREAM out "look at me I bought something expensive". oversized 50mm-55mm+ watches are also a no, but that's me.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're wearing a really nice belt and you want to make an impression, then I would see that as reason to tuck in your polo.

No, that's not just you. Those watches!!

In fact I even dislike smaller logos. Unless they are my own.. but I never took the effort to design a monogram for myself (well, once, half-an-effort but it didn't turn out as good as Bach's).

That said, to stick the little crocodile on the shirts was a brilliant move. But wasn't it Jantzen who started it all?
    Last edited by gido; 25th January 2014 at 12:44 AM.