Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 36 of 36

Thread: Le Male

  1. #1

    Default Le Male

    So i wore it today for the first time and was quite disappointed. I love the fragrance but the longevity wasnt so great. It started out quite nice and then just lingered down and just didnt keep up. On the other hand 1 Million kept up all day at work yesterday.

    Do i need to spray more or is it just my skin?
    Last edited by Bigrahizzle; 9th March 2012 at 03:08 AM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Le Male

    tbh it depends on a few thing but the biggest one if skin type. What might work for some may be different on you. Le Male last easy 10hrs on me. My friend wasn't so lucky he gets around 5hrs.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Le Male

    wow, that sucks!!! i was having high hopes for this cologne. What about spraying on cloths?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Le Male

    Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    tbh it depends on a few thing but the biggest one if skin type. What might work for some may be different on you. Le Male last easy 10hrs on me. My friend wasn't so lucky he gets around 5hrs.
    Def agree....... I think its the skin type. I bought Le male after reading all the hype of longevity only to be let down. Smells great but on me within 3-5 hrs it was GONE.........

  5. #5

    Default Re: Le Male

    ^^^ Exactly, about 3 hours and i was like WTF. Thank god i decanted some last night had some to use while at work. Isnt there a way to find out skin types? LOL

  6. #6

    Default Re: Le Male

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrahizzle View Post
    What about spraying on cloths?
    Well spraying on clothes will help you gain some longevity. I don't recommend it with the darker colors fragrances like Ambre Sultan, Chergui, Puredistance M ect. Will stain your clothes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrahizzle View Post
    Isnt there a way to find out skin types? LOL
    Only way is to sample before you buy it. This way you have first hand experience on your skin.
    Last edited by Oupavoc; 9th March 2012 at 04:09 AM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Le Male

    ^^^ true, thanks. Ill try on my collar and see how well it does.

  8. #8
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    84,140

    Default Re: Le Male

    I guess I'm lucky because longevity with this one is not a problem.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Le Male

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrahizzle View Post
    ^^^ Exactly, about 3 hours and i was like WTF. Thank god i decanted some last night had some to use while at work. Isnt there a way to find out skin types? LOL
    Whoaa seriously? I get a good 8+ hours out of this juice. That really sucks.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Le Male

    yea, i dont know why. Its really weird. IM going to try with 4 sprays next time to see what happens

  11. #11
    Dependent mesaboogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Los Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    2,914

    Default Re: Le Male

    This one used to be the longest lasting cologne in my collection before I got A*Men and Lapidus. I easily get 8+ hours.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

    Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

  12. #12

    Default Re: Le Male

    If you feel like it wasn't strong enough there's nothing wrong with trying out an extra spray or two!

  13. #13

    Default Re: Le Male

    IMO Le Male was reformulated and watered down. My carded sample that I received 3 years ago projected like crazy for 12+ hours. My current juice doesnt last and project that much. (longevity maybe 8hours, projection medium on first hours, skin mode later)
    TOP 3 hot weather:

    1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus


    TOP 3 cold weather:

    1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

  14. #14

    Default Re: Le Male

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    IMO Le Male was reformulated and watered down. My carded sample that I received 3 years ago projected like crazy for 12+ hours. My current juice doesnt last and project that much. (longevity maybe 8hours, projection medium on first hours, skin mode later)
    I have a total of seven bottles of Le Male, some of which are about 6 years old, some newer. The two bottles I vary between using are my oldest, and a bottle of Le Male Maxi (200ml) that I purchased about two months ago, and I can honestly say I don't notice any difference.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Le Male

    Wow That sucks. I get 24 hours+ with this fragrance. After 24 hours I still smell is clearly on my skin but hey, a man has to shower lol. Maybe you're nose is getting accustomed? Do you keep continuously smelling it? Maybe it is your skin. For example, I dont get more than 5 or 6 hours with A*Men...

    Try this: Spray it on ur hand right before you go to sleep. When you wake up in the morning, see if its still there. Report back

  16. #16
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    796

    Default Re: Le Male

    this lasts a lot more then 5 hours..

  17. #17
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Le Male

    It's a great scent if you want to attract men.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Le Male

    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    Wow That sucks. I get 24 hours+ with this fragrance. After 24 hours I still smell is clearly on my skin but hey, a man has to shower lol. Maybe you're nose is getting accustomed? Do you keep continuously smelling it? Maybe it is your skin. For example, I dont get more than 5 or 6 hours with A*Men...

    Try this: Spray it on ur hand right before you go to sleep. When you wake up in the morning, see if its still there. Report back
    well, i do keep smelling it but that was just for the first few hours. I know 1 million lasted quite a while and i know getting accustomed to the smell has nothing to do with it. Maybe its fake? if someone can tell if i post some pics

  19. #19

    Default Re: Le Male

    i applied it to the neck and wrist

  20. #20

    Default Re: Le Male

    this scent lasts long enough to overstay it's welcome to me, maybe try holding your breath while spraying your neck so you don't get a super strong sniff right away?

  21. #21

    Default Re: Le Male

    i can try that as well. I used it out of a atomizer. Will that cause the scent to diminish quickly?

  22. #22

    Default Re: Le Male

    Doesn't last long on Pakistani skin :P just kidding.

    It works like a beast for me. I use it the most despite having so many other colognes, only because it last very very long, and not only that, it projects too for a long time. That's what I want when I am out for 10+ hours.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Le Male

    Quote Originally Posted by BDTIII View Post
    It's a great scent if you want to attract men.
    Insightful.

  24. #24
    Super Member Charlie2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    383
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Le Male

    Maybe it's a sign that it is not that great of a scent : )
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

  25. #25
    Dependent fragranceman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    2,149

    Default Re: Le Male

    Le male is nuclear on my skin. So much so - I hate it. If it was toned down a lot and you could appreciate the smell I would like it. But it just screams "IM LE MALE, AND I AME HERE!!!!" Obviously this is just on my skin

  26. #26

    Default Re: Le Male

    Le Male on me is a beast. It lasts forever and projects like crazy as well. I can only handle 1 (maybe 1.5) sprays and am good for the day. I am not the type to just use one spray of anything, but with this monster it's all I can take.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Le Male

    It might have something to do with you living in Pakistan. How long a frag lasts depends not only on skin chemistry but more so where you live in my opinion. On my trip to Vietnam (which is very hot and humid), nothing lasted more than 2 hours on me.

    I have pretty dry skin but Le Male gives me at LEAST 7 hours.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Le Male

    This surprises me. It is one of the few scents that is still very evident on my skin the next day. Try it on fabric, for some reason it seems to smell better on my clothes than on my skin.

  29. #29

    Default Re: Le Male

    Like Gekisen mentioned, it may have to do with the climate/temperature at which the juice is stored at. Le Male is rather well-known for lasting ages, so for you to say that you only get a couple hours out of it makes me wonder either about the juice itself, or your own olfactory fatigue. If the juice has not degraded at all, I'd be willing to bet if you stuck a wrist out to someone who hasn't been with you since application and asked if they could smell it, they'd kindly tell you to get that powdered vanilla out of their face.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Le Male

    LOL im from pakistan but i live in USA lol in VA actually

  31. #31

    Default Re: Le Male

    Quote Originally Posted by LeMâle View Post
    I have a total of seven bottles of Le Male, some of which are about 6 years old, some newer. The two bottles I vary between using are my oldest, and a bottle of Le Male Maxi (200ml) that I purchased about two months ago, and I can honestly say I don't notice any difference.
    Perhaps they are all made couple years ago and I have one of latest formulation? Seriously, my Le Male is weaker than Gucci II (but this juice on me projects and last longer than most people are reporting, usually 10+ hours). Or my Le Male might be fake..
    TOP 3 hot weather:

    1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus


    TOP 3 cold weather:

    1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

  32. #32

    Default Re: Le Male

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Perhaps they are all made couple years ago and I have one of latest formulation? Seriously, my Le Male is weaker than Gucci II (but this juice on me projects and last longer than most people are reporting, usually 10+ hours). Or my Le Male might be fake..
    My Gucci Pour Homme 2 last and projects amazingly as well! Where did you get your Le Male that you are speculating is fake?

  33. #33

    Default Re: Le Male

    Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    This one used to be the longest lasting cologne in my collection before I got A*Men and Lapidus. I easily get 8+ hours.
    Agree......both Lapidus and Amen are best in terms of projection and longevity !!!

  34. #34

    Default Re: Le Male

    May be just a matter of skin type, on me, Le Male outdoes even half a day (12 hrs. +) in longevity.

  35. #35
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: Le Male

    Le Male for me lasts almost too long - if I have couple of sprays past noon, I would be easily smelling it by the time I go to bed.. One of frags that I actually would like to reduce longevity.

  36. #36

    Default Re: Le Male

    No issues with longevity here either; lasts well into the next day.

Similar Threads

  1. HELP! FIRST fragrance. Le Male vs Le Male Terrible vs A*Men
    By sebastian09 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 27th November 2010, 11:34 PM
  2. Original Le Male vs Le Male summer fragrance.
    By JonnyLeMale in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12th August 2010, 03:10 PM
  3. Fluer du Male compared to Le Male
    By barely.conscious in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12th March 2008, 11:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000