Code of Conduct

Thread: Le Male

Default Le Male

So i wore it today for the first time and was quite disappointed. I love the fragrance but the longevity wasnt so great. It started out quite nice and then just lingered down and just didnt keep up. On the other hand 1 Million kept up all day at work yesterday.

Do i need to spray more or is it just my skin?
    Last edited by Bigrahizzle; 9th March 2012 at 03:08 AM.

Default Re: Le Male

tbh it depends on a few thing but the biggest one if skin type. What might work for some may be different on you. Le Male last easy 10hrs on me. My friend wasn't so lucky he gets around 5hrs.

wow, that sucks!!! i was having high hopes for this cologne. What about spraying on cloths?

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    tbh it depends on a few thing but the biggest one if skin type. What might work for some may be different on you. Le Male last easy 10hrs on me. My friend wasn't so lucky he gets around 5hrs.
    Def agree....... I think its the skin type. I bought Le male after reading all the hype of longevity only to be let down. Smells great but on me within 3-5 hrs it was GONE.........

^^^ Exactly, about 3 hours and i was like WTF. Thank god i decanted some last night had some to use while at work. Isnt there a way to find out skin types? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrahizzle View Post
    What about spraying on cloths?
    Well spraying on clothes will help you gain some longevity. I don't recommend it with the darker colors fragrances like Ambre Sultan, Chergui, Puredistance M ect. Will stain your clothes.

Isnt there a way to find out skin types? LOL
    Only way is to sample before you buy it. This way you have first hand experience on your skin.
    Last edited by Oupavoc; 9th March 2012 at 04:09 AM.

^^^ true, thanks. Ill try on my collar and see how well it does.

I guess I'm lucky because longevity with this one is not a problem.

^^^ Exactly, about 3 hours and i was like WTF. Thank god i decanted some last night had some to use while at work. Isnt there a way to find out skin types? LOL
    Whoaa seriously? I get a good 8+ hours out of this juice. That really sucks.

yea, i dont know why. Its really weird. IM going to try with 4 sprays next time to see what happens

This one used to be the longest lasting cologne in my collection before I got A*Men and Lapidus. I easily get 8+ hours.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

If you feel like it wasn't strong enough there's nothing wrong with trying out an extra spray or two!

IMO Le Male was reformulated and watered down. My carded sample that I received 3 years ago projected like crazy for 12+ hours. My current juice doesnt last and project that much. (longevity maybe 8hours, projection medium on first hours, skin mode later)
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    IMO Le Male was reformulated and watered down. My carded sample that I received 3 years ago projected like crazy for 12+ hours. My current juice doesnt last and project that much. (longevity maybe 8hours, projection medium on first hours, skin mode later)
    I have a total of seven bottles of Le Male, some of which are about 6 years old, some newer. The two bottles I vary between using are my oldest, and a bottle of Le Male Maxi (200ml) that I purchased about two months ago, and I can honestly say I don't notice any difference.

Wow That sucks. I get 24 hours+ with this fragrance. After 24 hours I still smell is clearly on my skin but hey, a man has to shower lol. Maybe you're nose is getting accustomed? Do you keep continuously smelling it? Maybe it is your skin. For example, I dont get more than 5 or 6 hours with A*Men...

Try this: Spray it on ur hand right before you go to sleep. When you wake up in the morning, see if its still there. Report back

Basenotes Junkie

this lasts a lot more then 5 hours..

Basenotes Member

It's a great scent if you want to attract men.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    Wow That sucks. I get 24 hours+ with this fragrance. After 24 hours I still smell is clearly on my skin but hey, a man has to shower lol. Maybe you're nose is getting accustomed? Do you keep continuously smelling it? Maybe it is your skin. For example, I dont get more than 5 or 6 hours with A*Men...

Try this: Spray it on ur hand right before you go to sleep. When you wake up in the morning, see if its still there. Report back
    well, i do keep smelling it but that was just for the first few hours. I know 1 million lasted quite a while and i know getting accustomed to the smell has nothing to do with it. Maybe its fake? if someone can tell if i post some pics

i applied it to the neck and wrist

this scent lasts long enough to overstay it's welcome to me, maybe try holding your breath while spraying your neck so you don't get a super strong sniff right away?

i can try that as well. I used it out of a atomizer. Will that cause the scent to diminish quickly?

Doesn't last long on Pakistani skin :P just kidding.

It works like a beast for me. I use it the most despite having so many other colognes, only because it last very very long, and not only that, it projects too for a long time. That's what I want when I am out for 10+ hours.

Quote Originally Posted by BDTIII View Post
    It's a great scent if you want to attract men.
    Insightful.

Blog Entries

Maybe it's a sign that it is not that great of a scent : )
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

Le male is nuclear on my skin. So much so - I hate it. If it was toned down a lot and you could appreciate the smell I would like it. But it just screams "IM LE MALE, AND I AME HERE!!!!" Obviously this is just on my skin

Le Male on me is a beast. It lasts forever and projects like crazy as well. I can only handle 1 (maybe 1.5) sprays and am good for the day. I am not the type to just use one spray of anything, but with this monster it's all I can take.

It might have something to do with you living in Pakistan. How long a frag lasts depends not only on skin chemistry but more so where you live in my opinion. On my trip to Vietnam (which is very hot and humid), nothing lasted more than 2 hours on me.

I have pretty dry skin but Le Male gives me at LEAST 7 hours.

This surprises me. It is one of the few scents that is still very evident on my skin the next day. Try it on fabric, for some reason it seems to smell better on my clothes than on my skin.

Like Gekisen mentioned, it may have to do with the climate/temperature at which the juice is stored at. Le Male is rather well-known for lasting ages, so for you to say that you only get a couple hours out of it makes me wonder either about the juice itself, or your own olfactory fatigue. If the juice has not degraded at all, I'd be willing to bet if you stuck a wrist out to someone who hasn't been with you since application and asked if they could smell it, they'd kindly tell you to get that powdered vanilla out of their face.

LOL im from pakistan but i live in USA lol in VA actually

Quote Originally Posted by LeMâle View Post
    I have a total of seven bottles of Le Male, some of which are about 6 years old, some newer. The two bottles I vary between using are my oldest, and a bottle of Le Male Maxi (200ml) that I purchased about two months ago, and I can honestly say I don't notice any difference.
    Perhaps they are all made couple years ago and I have one of latest formulation? Seriously, my Le Male is weaker than Gucci II (but this juice on me projects and last longer than most people are reporting, usually 10+ hours). Or my Le Male might be fake..
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Perhaps they are all made couple years ago and I have one of latest formulation? Seriously, my Le Male is weaker than Gucci II (but this juice on me projects and last longer than most people are reporting, usually 10+ hours). Or my Le Male might be fake..
    My Gucci Pour Homme 2 last and projects amazingly as well! Where did you get your Le Male that you are speculating is fake?

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    This one used to be the longest lasting cologne in my collection before I got A*Men and Lapidus. I easily get 8+ hours.
    Agree......both Lapidus and Amen are best in terms of projection and longevity !!!

May be just a matter of skin type, on me, Le Male outdoes even half a day (12 hrs. +) in longevity.

Basenotes Member

Le Male for me lasts almost too long - if I have couple of sprays past noon, I would be easily smelling it by the time I go to bed.. One of frags that I actually would like to reduce longevity.

No issues with longevity here either; lasts well into the next day.