Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Friday, 9 March 2012

Good morning,

En Avion

Default Re: SotD Friday, 9 March 2012

Good Morning,

Definately have that 'Friday Feeling' today.

Thanks for the music, L., and for a shot of your lovely poster.

Fumerie Turque for me.

Have a lovely day, you fine, fragranced folk.

Morning all. Hypnotic Poison Elixir for synch Friday (Dior/Poison). Even my husband can recognise this one ...

Hope you all have a lovely day and thanks for your congrats to devilkitten yesterday (like the name!).

Good morning! I am joining devilcat (in synch) with Hypnotic Poison Body
    Lotion and the Elixir. Dior rocks!!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Basenotes Member

Happy Friday all....bit of a newbie so not sure if I 'synch' here or the other thread but anyways.....

Synching today in Poison EDT - current formulation

It is sad to say but it's nothing like I remember it from my younger days.....
    STILL, I figure it's kinda like lunch with a former love....he's changed, I've changed but just enough of a familiarity to take me back in time and smile...!

Pure Poison Dior
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Hello all. Annick Goutal Myrrhe Ardente.
    DONNA

Comme des Garçons Wonderwood.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Morning ladies, I'm going along with the sync and dousing myself with Vintage Poison. Good thing I'm off today. I don't want to kill people with poison!

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !.

House of Dior - Duckie, are you with us today ?

I'll do the Poison synch this evening as I decided to pull the trigger on another Dior classic for the daytime. Eau Sauvage.

Synching in vintage Miss Dior....mmmm.... gorgeous

Thumbs up Re: SotD Friday, 9 March 2012

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

SotD.

allure homme sport eau extreme

another day in vintage Shalimar, this juice is heavenly...I turned on some of the young students in my grad program to Shalimar after class - a few of them took me out for a birthday drink, and I let everyone have a little spritz from my decant I was carrying around...it was cool to see them respond - lots of exclamations, sighs and that familiar wrist to the nose move that we all know so well, lol!

If I can extricate myself from the velvety arms of Shalimar, I just may try to synch in Eau Sauvage tonight...
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Plus

Rtamara, that's so exciting and generous of you to introduce another generation to such a beautiful classic. So cool! You're doing the Lord's work, I tell ya. xo

Joining Larimar in Caron, Parfum Sacre Intense for me, which prompted my husband to exclaim the jackpot comment: "You smell so good! What are you wearing?" <3

Happy Friday, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Sophie, hello. How nice to see you.

In synch with Hypnotic Poison. This fragrance has been such a surprise to me, which is great!

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    Morning ladies, I'm going along with the sync and dousing myself with Vintage Poison. Good thing I'm off today. I don't want to kill people with poison!
    Knock yourself out! Today is your day!!

yes, tdem, I did get a thrill from introducing the classic to a "new generation," as you say ... considered it a public service of sorts, if you will
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    another day in vintage Shalimar, this juice is heavenly...I turned on some of the young students in my grad program to Shalimar after class - a few of them took me out for a birthday drink, and I let everyone have a little spritz from my decant I was carrying around...it was cool to see them respond - lots of exclamations, sighs and that familiar wrist to the nose move that we all know so well, lol!

If I can extricate myself from the velvety arms of Shalimar, I just may try to synch in Eau Sauvage tonight...
    'corrupting' the youngsters i see!! introducing them to a lifetime of an expensive and might i add, very pleasurable, addiction, lol..

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    'corrupting' the youngsters i see!! introducing them to a lifetime of an expensive and might i add, very pleasurable, addiction, lol..
    now that I am a woman "of a certain age" it seems a responsibility to share some of my acquired wisdom, yes?

Good morning everyone It's a grey and dull day here so far. Will probably spend most of the day doing the laundry, but the evening is off In synch with Poison today. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Happy Friday Everyone. Today I am in a vintage Dior Fahrenheit and loving it!!
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Hello everyone -

I'm just not in a Poison mood, but I'm in sync with Dior, and delighted to be twins with Alityke this morning, in Miss Dior vintage-60s edt. Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    now that I am a woman "of a certain age" it seems a responsibility to share some of my acquired wisdom, yes?
    absolutely!! even though, we are not going to delve into details re. 'of a certain age'.. shall leave it at that.. have learnt (the hard way) not to ask..

trying 'breath of god', 'icon', 'oud - heart' and 'exhale' from lush, brill. also really good value for money. my wrists and back of the hands are full.
    Last edited by danny1967; 9th March 2012 at 02:47 PM.

lush fragrances are doing my head in.. too much... overdose... thump.. (on the floor)
    Last edited by danny1967; 9th March 2012 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whwend View Post
    Happy Friday all....bit of a newbie so not sure if I 'synch' here or the other thread but anyways.....

Synching today in Poison EDT - current formulation

It is sad to say but it's nothing like I remember it from my younger days.....
    STILL, I figure it's kinda like lunch with a former love....he's changed, I've changed but just enough of a familiarity to take me back in time and smile...!
    Welcome to Basenotes, whwend. I like your impression of revisiting a scent.

Today I'm in sync with Dolce Vita. I've learned to enjoy this one by spraying LESS. It's a powerhouse.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Dirty English this warm SE Florida morning.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Institution

In synch in:

Poison (vintage Esprit de Parfum) by Christian Dior

So, this is how I had to apply this one. I took a bath this morning, so I dropped 10 drops (from a plastic squeezy-thing...I forget what you call those!?) into my entire bath and I swear the guy on the far side of my office can probably smell me. This stuff does not f*ck around.

This afternoon I'll probably wear some Granville and tonight some of my sample of vintage Miss Dior.

rtamara41 - I have this mental picture of you, your kids, in the corner of some smoky, noir-ish bar with your Shalimar decant passing from one person to another like some steampunk, illicit, goth young adults novel. (giggle)
    Where the hell is Poison Grandmaster (Le Grand Duc)?
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I'm twinning with Jon in Dior Eau Sauvage this morning. This one is a sly rascal -- that civet in the base.

Rtamara, that is such a sweet story! ♥

Sending Ineespenes a (((hug))) today.

Happy Friday to everyone!

p.s. Mike, I can smell you all the from Virginia, and it smells wonderful! xo

Good going, Rtamara!Spreading the joy to another generation; that's what it's all about!

No scent yet, other than Eau de 30 Volume Peroxide. Had to slap some haircolor over these little whities that I seem to be getting more & more of.

Received a package yesterday from a very sweet Basenoter that gave me some relief from my Twolf Syndrome; finally discovered Quartz by Molyneux! I am in love and feel like such a jerk for having missed out on it all these years. Reminds me a little of Cristalle, definite similarities as well as its own unique qualities and IMO, just as good. I don't think this qualifies as being cured of TS, not a new release after all, just a classic I had missed. Don't think there is a cure, anyway but this is a very welcome remission! Will be in Quartz as soon as the haircolor fumes clear out.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    ...finally discovered Quartz by Molyneux! I am in love and feel like such a jerk for having missed out on it all these years. Reminds me a little of Cristalle, definite similarities as well as its own unique qualities and IMO, just as good...
    Oh, Quartz is so much better, imo ...and I think that's saying something, as much as I love Chanel and all. (Molyneux is a great house, though - definitely worth exploring!) Congratulations on your new discovery - you're going to need a full bottle, I'm sure!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Evangeline, I have one in my Amazon cart already! I can be very decisive about my frags! There is something about Quartz that Cristalle doesn't quite have, more rounded and full-bodied, maybe? Certainly a "friendlier" fragrance to my nose. It's fantastic; I am so pleased!

Good for you - new discoveries are so fun! I've always found Cristalle a bit too sharp and bitter, and somehow mean ...not that it's not beautiful, but you're right, Quartz is definitely friendlier. And so chic! I think it's one of the most quintessentially stylish and casually chic fragrances available.

Climat, La Collection version

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    House of Dior - Duckie, are you with us today ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Where the hell is Poison Grandmaster (Le Grand Duc)?
    I'm here ... I'm here! Basking in all this Poison indulgence. Y'all smell divine!
    I didn't know about the synch, though. I've just applied some pure civet oil.
    Peeew, this stuff stinks! Thank you, Mumsy ... and I mean that!

Maybe I'll wear some Poison later. I'm always in the mood for some Poison.
    I've worn Hypnotic Elixir two times, and Poison, parfum, and Pure Poison
    once already this week!

lush fragrances are doing my head in.. too much... overdose... thump.. (on the floor)
    Oh no! Go immediately to the shower if you cannot revive yourself!

Out of synch, Chanel Bois des Iles was just pulling too strong.

Basenotes Institution

Not in sync either ! Sorry ,folks !

Morning all ! Have a lovely new day and it's Friday !
    I'm wearing Mona di Orio's Musc again .

Danny1967 - hello there ! Lush does my head in too ! I can't wear Lush at all .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post

Mimi - it's just too much!! everything's so overpowering, it's such an assault on the olfactory sense, i look at it as the equivalent of crack cocaine in the perfume world (not that i've taken any, lol) or imagine having a cup of black coffee (always, no milk) where you accidentally dropped half of the sugar jar, but that's your only coffee and you have to drink it!!.. i've tried them, what, almost 4hrs ago and only now i dare bring the wrist to my nose..

ps looove mona di orio, the whole line!!! soo sad to see her flame extinguished so tragically early.. i think she could've become one of the greatest perfumiers of our generation (well, she already was for me).

Basenotes Institution

Mimi - it's just too much!! everything's so overpowering, it's such an assault on the olfactory sense, i look at it as the equivalent of crack cocaine in the perfume world (not that i've taken any, lol) or imagine having a cup of black coffee (always, no milk) where you accidentally dropped half of the sugar jar, but that's your only coffee and you have to drink it!!.. i've tried them, what, almost 4hrs ago and only now i dare bring the wrist to my nose..
    Danny- believe me- I empathise !!! I know !!!
    I can't even walk into a Lush store myself. I have tried Lush perfume several times and I have had this same reaction as you. Migraine with capital M I am sorry to say. Just.does.not.work.for.me.
    Now Danny- you know you have to go shower to feel better .......

Re. Mona di Orio - yes, I am quite saddened. I wish I had the opportunity to meet her.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Dior Leather Oud. This is such good stuff; I don't know why I don't reach for it more often.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Danny- believe me- I empathise !!! I know !!!
    I can't even walk into a Lush store myself. I have tried Lush perfume several times and I have had this same reaction as you. Migraine with capital M I am sorry to say. Just.does.not.work.for.me.
    Now Danny- you know you have to go shower to feel better .......

i will, as soon as i get back from work..

Re. Mona di Orio - yes, I am quite saddened. I wish I had the opportunity to meet her.
    she had a lecture at les senteurs in london and i did not go, i was like 'eh, next time'. well, there won't be a next time.

I'm addicted... no, not love like in the Robert Palmer song, but to Sous le Vent!
    It's too cold for Daiquiris yet, but I can feel the itch already... I even bought limes...
    Meanwhile, I'm granting myself a nice bottle of red! Cheers to all!

Good Evening,

I will be synching later in Dior Homme.
    Joining Larimar in that bottle of red. In fact, an Austrian red ( a 2010 Zweigelt from Fred Loimer). Cheers !

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Joining Larimar in that bottle of red. In fact, an Austrian red ( a 2010 Zweigelt from Fred Loimer). Cheers !
    ^^ In fact, that is very close to where I live. I'm honest - the Austrian reds I like cost 20+ Euros, which is too expensive (unless special occasions justify it). So, I ususally go astray... I've been so very French recently! Anyway, cheers my friend!

I was wear the same Eau de haircolour yesterday evening PL

How was the post haircolour Quartz?
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Good going, Rtamara!Spreading the joy to another generation; that's what it's all about!

No scent yet, other than Eau de 30 Volume Peroxide. Had to slap some haircolor over these little whities that I seem to be getting more & more of.

Received a package yesterday from a very sweet Basenoter that gave me some relief from my Twolf Syndrome; finally discovered Quartz by Molyneux! I am in love and feel like such a jerk for having missed out on it all these years. Reminds me a little of Cristalle, definite similarities as well as its own unique qualities and IMO, just as good. I don't think this qualifies as being cured of TS, not a new release after all, just a classic I had missed. Don't think there is a cure, anyway but this is a very welcome remission! Will be in Quartz as soon as the haircolor fumes clear out.

In sync with DUNE, just a few snow flakes today, I want more snow!

Happy Friday, everyone!

I'm a sync scent-triplet with Alityke and Evangeline in vintage Miss Dior today. mmmm... one of my favorites!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quick in and out for me today. Tomorrow I'll sit back with the Kindle and read all your brilliant posts.

Sweet cravings: Trish McEvoy Blackberry Vanilla Musk (Sexy 9).
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Good afternoon all!

I'm wearing Mandorlo di Sicilia-- it's a beautiful, sunny and relatively warm day here. I love how we more or less bypassed winter this year. El Niño is the reason, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    I was wear the same Eau de haircolour yesterday evening PL

How was the post haircolour Quartz?
    Eau de haircolor is truly un-lovely stuff, isn't it? My house stinks but as I used to do this for a living, it would be silly to spend that perfume money on a colorist!

Quartz is an excellent ripe fruits and spring flowers in a luxuriously soft leather bag type of chypre. Will this be in your box of citric greens, Alityke? I'm stalking that thread; I'm as ready for it to get going as you are! I hope you will be trying Quartz, it's so good I will definitely be ordering that bottle. Evangeline said it; this is chic.

I believe it will be PL. So difficult to get in Northern England, I've never seen it on sale. It is available on Amazon.co.uk though so if I fall hard a FB is obtainable. I fear others will be impossible to find if I fall for there charms.

That 20 20 peroxide is a deeply unattractive smell but the results are worth it. The result perfectly matches those natural white highlights...lol. I don't cover those whiteys I get more put in deliberately.

Oh and the house and I smell fabulous wearing the drops from some vintage Poison I've been decanting

Quartz is in the same family as Le Parfum de Therese, per Hillaire, and she is right I think.

I'm wearing Chanel No. 5 edt this afternoon. I have such a love/hate relationship with this particular formulation. Sometimes it goes metallic and sour on me, and at other times (like today) it is wonderful. I don't know, just when I was going to purge this now I think I'll keep it.

I am sadly Poison deprived. I once loved Tendre Poison, once hated original Poison - until around 2000 when I tried it again and decided it was great, never tried Hypnotic Poison (imagine? what's wrong with me!), and I don't think Pure Poison is for me. Midnight Poison is not for me, but I'm not sure. I need to do a Poison sniffa.

I'm also sadly Dior deprived in general. I must get up to speed. Le Duc would brain me with his sceptor if he knew.

Basenotes Plus

Some great posts today....poetic and funny

It's a lovely day here and I opted to sync in Diorissimo. My little flacon is vintage but not sure what exact date- It's a 1 oz EDT that has a ballet pink metal cap with plastic lining and painted gold bands on the top and botton edges of cap. the frosted glass flacon sits on a 1/4 inch gold base.
    This is the EDT but I couldn't get away with wearing this at work. The strength and sillage are superb. They just don't make 'em like this anymore.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Sampling vintage Antilope and Estee Lauder Private Collection extrait. They both are very lovely and will be sure to keep my nose coming back to my wrist. Fun!
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Hello, all!

Chinatown for me today.

I'm in Hermès Rouge for rest of the day. Have a wonderful evening, everyone!