Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default Allure Homme deostick

After my 3 month long desperate searching I bought Allure Homme deostick and 50ml EDT at last month. I really really like the scent, but its deo stick hurt my skin like fire in hell! I had no idea about it contents alcohol... I don't wanna give up but can't use it either. And I get very dissapointed because Chanel's alcoholic sticks... I mean what they have been thinking while have produced this much alcholic products? Is it famous and high quality house? Why they can't think too much alcohol makes it useless for so many people like me? I'm so sad So what do you think about that? Thank you...

Default Re: Allure Homme deostick

Ouch. Same thing happened to me with my Very Valentino deo stick. Burned my armpits for a few minutes. Fortunately, most deo sticks like that are made without alcohol now, but apparently there are still some who continue to use it in their deodorant sticks for whatever reason. My spray deodorant of Zino Davidoff has alcohol but it burns off rather quickly, but the material used to make the sticks obviously holds onto the alcohol for much longer. I don't know if Chanel makes Allure Homme deo sticks sans alcohol, but like me, I'm sure you'll be looking for those key words "alcohol free" on your next deodorant. Best of luck to you!

Basenotes Member

Thank you very much for answer, actually I don't wanna change my scent and its other products, but it doesn't work well on me, so sad. I'll try Allure Homme deodorant spray this time, and if it will burn my skin too, it is time to say goodbye to Chanel... What a shame...

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Never realized that some deodorant sticks contained alcohol.

Basenotes Member

Yeah me too for now. Now I know and trying to use.

Unless you've cut skin or used a razor on it, alcohol in a deodorant stick shouldn't cause that reaction.
    If you apply the stick to say your hand or arm, do you get the same reaction?

I very much prefer the alcohol deodorant sticks, for the simple reason that they usually have a lot more scent in them and are softer and easier to apply, than the harder, less fragrant non-alcohol ones. On the downside, the alcohol ones can disappear from within the tube due to heat or leakage from the tube.
    Regards,
    Renato

Basenotes Member

Hi Renato, thank you for information.

I wanna say that I've got used to CK deosticks, they were not hard and not contents alcohol, they have useful gel form and have perfectly matched with my skin. May be the reason why I've disappointed at first used Chanel deosticks. Because they can't satisfy my needs as much as CK' ones.

Yet I'll consider this matter with your opinions again. Anyway I think I'm getting used to that already.

Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewsidi View Post
    Hi Renato, thank you for information.

I wanna say that I've got used to CK deosticks, they were not hard and not contents alcohol, they have useful gel form and have perfectly matched with my skin. May be the reason why I've disappointed at first used Chanel deosticks. Because they can't satisfy my needs as much as CK' ones.

Yet I'll consider this matter with your opinions again. Anyway I think I'm getting used to that already.

Thank you again.
    Curiously, one of the first hard deodorant sticks I bought was the CK Obsession one. CK have obviously changed something since then.

As a reference, the D&G Homme deodorant stick is of the softer type, and has a strength about half that of the EDT - I've yet to come across a stronger one.

Anyhow, good to see it's starting to work for you.

While I've accumulated a lot of these deodorant sticks (mainly from gift sets) I still mainly use antiperspirant sticks and sprays rather than deodorants, as I tend to perspire too much.
    Regards,
    Renato

Basenotes Member

Well, I've been talking about CK Crave deostick actually, I used it for many years, then it's discontinued with all Crave products. Since that time I couldn't find a scent as my signature.

In addition that, the scents which I hate, forexample: all Armani products or JPG etc, have really good sticks or deodorants, I know. Now I try to make Allure Homme my signature, although its old age and well known name... I get used to its alcohol and I really like its smell although its poor longevity on my skin. (By the way, Allure Homme deostick stains on black wears.)

I know I wander from the subject, but they were my other problems.

Thank you for answers.

Basenotes Member

After 7 years and 20 days.. Here is my edit:

Interesting, as if they heard me, after one or two years that I started this topic, Chanel changed its deodorant sticks a little, late ones seems to me somehow a smaller form (although there written on their box contains same amount, I added the photo) contains less alcohol and little less satisfying. Probably there ain't any connection with me -it'd be a silly thinking - but I regret for my comments on 2012, and like Renato said, alcohol really good thing for deodorant sticks.

Of course my opinion completely changed in this long period. I've been using Chanel Allure Homme and Sport deodorant sticks since the day I started this topic and I've been thinking keep using this product as long as I have enough money to purchase. Deodorant sticks which contains alcohol is the best in terms of effectiveness and versatility especially Chanel' s.

Now I hope for Allure Homme Sport eau Extreme deodorant stick launch some day, cause it's my favorite in all the Allure line.

I crossed my fingers and calling:

Dear R&D of Chanel if you read this somehow please launch a dedorant stick for Allure Homme Sport eau Extreme

Sincerely Andy.

allure_deo2.jpg
    That's the rule: Never use a flanker!

Basenotes Junkie

The best deodorant I had is this one https://www.amazon.com/Recipe-Men-An.../dp/B003UU8E5K makes all other designer deo sticks look like shit (because they really are)