Code of Conduct

Question Is checkcosmetic.net all that reliable??

I'm sure many of you have used this site. Now, have you ever gotten strange or unexpected results?

For me, I'm a bit puzzled. I just received Dior's Fahrenheit, in a vintage tri-colour box. The juice smells like the vintage Fahrenheit should, too. But then there is a code which claims it was manufactured in October 2011.

I had been led to believe in the past that all the codes ring true, but now I have kind of lost faith in this.

http://checkcosmetic.net/

Default Re: Is checkcosmetic.net all that reliable??

the website is reliable..the problem is not with the website but the way the codes have been developed...they only show last digits in year so for vintage fragrances you have to make an informed guess, too..i have seen it with my vintage bottles..if it shows 2011 like in your case but i know my bottle is authentic, this will mean that the bottle is 2001 because no such packaging came in 2011...so the code for 2011 and 2001 is going to be similar...the problem lies with the codes and not the website

Quote Originally Posted by fazilicious View Post
    ...if it shows 2011 like in your case but i know my bottle is authentic, this will mean that the bottle is 2001...
    I thought about this, but I understood 2001 was the time for that firstly renewed presentation, you know that red box with the bright-ish blue top half without the yellow bottom...
    I got that one - the one with yellow bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by fazilicious View Post
    ...but i know my bottle is authentic...
    I definitely know my bottle is authentic.

Hmm...nevermind, I guess.
    Last edited by PigeonMurderer; 11th March 2012 at 09:31 AM.

it could be that your stuff came just before the reformulation took place in 2001..it cannot be 1991 at least....old dior fahrenheits used 5 digits instead of 4 i think...i have three fahrenheit vintages but one is true vintage in the sense that it looks like the first version and has 5 digits...

the other two are vintages in the sense that they are from before the drastic reformulations that have taken place in the last 4-5 years...i had a similar experience with eau sauvage..i got eau sauvage in brown marble box and it was authentic..cosmetic check showed 2011 but i could tell 2001 is the right date because eau sauvage has been coming in white boxes for quite a while now but in 2001, it still came in brown marble boxes...

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

no, the codes sometimes don't match. My makeupforever foundation came up with a manufacture date of March 2012, when I received it in a swap 6 months ago. I was just trying to check if it was still ok to use. I don't think it predates 2001 though, otherwise it would be extremely rancid by now. I think there are glitches in the coding systems...when the company changes how things are dated etc

you misunderstood something..i said codes for 2011 and 2001 are sometimes similar so a little knowledge of the batch helps..for e.g. try entering a code for a dior fragrance from 2001 and then from 2011 and you will get same result

Post Thanks / Like

The codes must be reused. I put in a code on a 80s vintage Kouros and it came back made in 2011
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

Post Thanks / Like

I only use that to check the manufactured date and see if it's authentic