Code of Conduct

Default SotD Saturday, 10 March 2012

Good morning all,
    It's sunny here and I hope it stays like that. I'm seriously lusting some sun rays and warmth by the house wall. I even have visions or hallucinations? of a Daiquiri... I can hear the blender working. And I haven't even had breakfast...
    My SotD comes as no surprise and is in tune with my hallucinations...

Sous le Vent
    No, Wolfie, that's not fair! You deserve much better luck! A kiss and a hug for you!
    Enjoy your Saturday!

Default Re: SotD Saturday, 10 March 2012

have a good, relaxing, chilled weekend, all of you!!

Good Morning,

A day for Mouchoir de Monsieur.

Have a lovely Saturday, all.

Morning Larimar, G and Danny. Hope all are well today. Beautiful day here too - shame I have to go into work
    Cinéma by YSL for me.

Basenotes Member

Good morning!

Safari : Ralph Lauren as my SotD today. I love this old friend.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone.

Morning all. Beautiful day with fluffy 'Simpsons' clouds whizzing past the bedroom window in a blue sky. Bit breezy though.
    Scentless as I'm not up yet but think I'll continue the Dior theme from yesterday with the springlike Diorella. Still awaiting the vintage eBay purchase so will have to be the contemporary Creations of Monsieur Dior version

Oops pressed reply too soon!

Chin up Wolfie things will change, but wishing you healing vibes~~~~~~
    the foot will hurt today so put your feet up and let others wait on you

Basenotes Plus

Poor Wolfie, I'm so sorry! Yes, please do as Alityke suggests. It's excellent advice. I hope you heal up and feel better soon.

SOTD is Creed's smooth and elegant Santal Imperial
    Notes include bergamot, citrus, tonka bean, ambergris, sandalwood

Wish you all a lovely Saturday.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Thumbs up Re: SotD Saturday, 10 March 2012

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning everyone Having a very lazy start of the day so far. Boyfriend has to work until five today,but after that he has the weekend off. Decided I still was in the mood for some Poison, so that's my sotd today also. Haling vibes and comforting hugs going Twolf's way!

Hello all. Wearing Annick Goutal Myrrhe Ardente.
    DONNA

Galimard Brindille - inspired by Beebee. HAGD all!

Ormonde Jayne - Ormonde Man

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    Morning all. Beautiful day with fluffy 'Simpsons' clouds whizzing past the bedroom window in a blue sky. Bit breezy though.
    Scentless as I'm not up yet but think I'll continue the Dior theme from yesterday with the springlike Diorella. Still awaiting the vintage eBay purchase so will have to be the contemporary Creations of Monsieur Dior version
    That is what my family calls those -- Simpson clouds.
    Twolf, prop that foot up and let me kiss it to make it better.
    Larimar, loved yesterday's song. It will play in my head all morning.
    Sophi, that butterfly is gorgeous. Never saw such coloring. Love them pollinators, as Lillybelle knows.
    Haunani, glad to hear you've met Aubepine Acacia -- the photo you found is heavenly and apt.
    Whwend, greetings. Nice analogy regarding Poison.
    Rtamara, sweet story, and Mike's imaginative writing enhanced the impression.
    Hugs to sentimental Shadesofbleu.
    I am getting more adept at typing on the Kindle. YAY!
    I am rocking some Tom Ford Tuscan Leather today. Mmm -- Mmm, good.

One more thing ... this week I put up my Man from U.N.C.L.E. toys, books and fan clippings for auction on the 'bay. (I had a crush on David McCallum back in the day.) I nearly fainted for real at auction's end. The Napoleon Solo gun in its original box went for $810! The total for the whole collection amounted to over $1,200! That'll sponsor my Portland visit with Matildaben and Warum.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Very Irresistible, Givenchy

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    One more thing ... this week I put up my Man from U.N.C.L.E. toys, books and fan clippings for auction on the 'bay. (I had a crush on David McCallum back in the day.) I nearly fainted for real at auction's end. The Napoleon Solo gun in its original box went for $810! The total for the whole collection amounted to over $1,200! That'll sponsor my Portland visit with Matildaben and Warum.
    Excellent news on the eBay sale Q good work on keeping the toy so pristine. Lovely way to spend it too

Still scentless. Arthritis flared up and it makes me short tempered and fractious so scent annoys rather than soothes

I didn't apply a fragrance this monrning as I was waiting for a delivery.....my SOTD will be Vintage Miss Dior

Thank you for sending your kind wishes to my foot. Will do as you say.

MPG George Sand.
    Sinead O'Connor Nothing Compares to You.

Basenotes Plus

Hello all. A frustrated JR logging in briefly from an internet cafe - home computer out of order (modem packed in) until it gets fixed on Monday. Did manage to synch yesterday evening with Hypnotic Poison but obviously unable to acknowledge the fact.

SotD for today is Heeley Iris de Nuit.

Sending best wishes to Wolfie for a speedy recovery.

However every cloud has a silver lining - the cafe we are in is close to the London sniffing areas so at least we can indulge a litle while cursing the wonders of modern technology. Back Monday all being well - take care all.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Vintage Habit Rouge Edc this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I need to be productive today. Hopefully one of my favorite fragrances will inspire me.

Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Parisienne today.

Love, and sunny rays, and healing thoughts to everybody. xo xo xo

ps - Q!!! Congrats on the sale! That's great.

Basenotes Institution

((( Twolfie))) - What happened to your foot ? Get better ,sweet Twolfie !
    Anyone else need hugs and kisses ? I'll send them your way .

This morning - it's Kai oil ...it's still early for me so the scent WILL change later ! *LOL*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Get Well Soon TWolf

I'm wearing CK Escape

I'll take a Mims kiss and hug and send a big one (each) back to you!
    Jon, I have missed you and wondered where you had gone.
    Whew, money-making Quarry, sounds like a good excuse for a treat!

I think I have mentioned it before, but I have a recommendation for you - if you can get Dr. Kneipp's Litsea cubeba oil bath at your end, do try it out! If anyone climbs out of that bathtub not being in a cheerful mood (it's a fact plus Chinese medicine has made use of it for ages, obviously) should see a doctor. It's like mike said somewhere here for Sous le Vent that it instantly puts a smile on his face... litsea cubeba is full of citral and limonene, which are both on the ingredients' list for the Guerlain. Any questions what my SotE is? Great combo! Have a fun Saturday night fever all!

Chinatown for sote. Hugs to Twolf and Alityke - hope you feel better soon.

Sampling Terre d'Hermes for the first time on clothing and not just on wrist. I didn't like it at first, but now I like it a lot- from a distance. There is something slightly off putting yet intriguing- maybe leather. It's a note that I'm not used to and find difficult yet I may come to appreciate- I hope! I didn't like CDOV a lot at first either, but now I love it. We'll see ... I will give it some time.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Hey y'all -

I'm in Paco Rabanne's Metal, vintage-80s edt. Have a great day everyone!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

(((Poor Twolfie!!!))) Get better soon, please.

Quarry, congrats on the big sale -- that's wonderful news!

Another day in 31 Rue Cambon for me. Take care, all.

Oh, and Wolfie - that's my friend you keep injuring! Your poor paw ...feel better soon!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Ysl - Nu EDP

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

scent twins with Leesee today, from a small decant. My first impressions of 31 Rue Cambon were of sheer delight...but I have to admit to myself that I am in a Guerlain state of mind lately...compared to the undone and unleashed and unbuttoned qualities of the Guerlains I have been experiencing lately, this Chanel feels a bit too proper, no matter how much I admire its undeniable beauty.

mike, just read your imagery of my night in Shalimar...and yes, that's exactly how it was, lol!

Twolf, hope you are being served hand and foot today. Feel better.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Bal a Versailles

Twolf and Alityke- Hope you both get lots of rest and feel much better soon!

I'm enjoying Highland Lilac today, courtesy of the kind and generous 30 Roses! It's a wonderful spring scent that takes me back to childhood trips to the mountains. ***Thank you again, 30 Roses!***

Have a Great Weekend, Everyone!

Blog Entries

SOTD: Bois Marocain by Tom Ford.

Basenotes Institution

Congrat's on the sale Quarry - very cool!
    Larimar - I'll have a pineapple cosmo - thanks sweetie.

It is EXTREMELY hot here in Miami, I made breakfast, did laundry, got a really short, buzz cut haircut and now I'm at my office doing bookkeeping that I can't ever seem to get around to doing Monday-thru-Friday. Tonight I think I am going to head out for some fun with Ray - maybe even some dancing (fingers crossed)

Today it'll be the casual yet elegant vetiver whoosh of:

Turtle Vetiver Front by Les Nez

"The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Q- I loved that Illya Kuriakin fella when I was a young 'un myself. Congrats on your windfall!!

Fracas for me today- from my "new" bottle of vintage EDC
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

YDAN for a trip to the theater tonight.

Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Quarry, I just re read your post...wow! Congratulations, a nice little yield from a childhood infatuation.

I am experiencing the drydown of 31 Rue de Cambon with some measure of relief. I will not be adding this to my wishlist. There is a soprano aspect to the overall effect that does not work for me. The drydown reminds me, oddly, of Coco Mademoiselle, which I can't seem to make friends with. Is this a version of patchouli that is nagging at me the wrong way? I can't quite figure it out.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Good evening! Datura Blanche today. Yum. Good in summer or winter. This is a 'bad girl' sort of perfume to me, it's kind of wierd smelling, and beautiful.

Inspired by the "what we wore as teens" thread, I've been going through several of my neglected old favorites again, and I'm now in vintage-80s Gianfranco Ferre edt. Y'all have a nice evening!

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing By Kilian Love & Tears, Surrender today.

Quarry, I loved Man From U.N.C.L.E. and especially Illya (swoon!) Nice windfall too!

Twolf, sorry about your broken foot ... I hope you are feeling better soon!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I'm wearing Versace signature this evening. It suits me very well if I do say so myself.

Been traveling and busy...
    I wore mainly Black Orchid, Aromatics Elixir, Jaipur, Un Jardin Sur Le Toit
    For the last couple of days, Etat Libre d'Orange Like This Tilda Swinton, French Lover by Frederic Malle, Spellbound, Alien Le Goût du Parfum, Onda Parfum Extrait by Vero Profumo, and Lyric by Amouage for today!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Narciso Rodriguez for Him tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Institution

Congrats to Quarry !
    More hugs for loved Twolfie !
    Kisses for lovely Larimar !
    Jon - I hope the tech difficulties are smoothed over now !
    Lots of support for Asaskian !

Today I wore Mona di Orio Musc after my shower and this evening I'm feeling extremely hip in Costes . ( Anyhow , how hip can a girl get when she's at home now, lounging like a lizard in PJs !!!!! Not much , I need all the help I can get . )

L'Interdit (Givenchy)

Basenotes Plus

Hugs and smooches to Twolfie!

I think I've caught my daughter's "bug" from last week, at least the sore throat part anyway.

Today I wore Chanel Christalle, edt but my daughter really hated it.

She, on the other had, wore Katy Perry's new celebuscent, Meow and was quite happy with herself.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

YSL La Nuit L'Homme
    Gary

Basenotes Institution

(((RHM )))- I hate sore throats - feel better !

Soivohle Solstice this evening.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Twolf,

I just read your post yesterday about dropping a gallon of water on your foot and the nurse saying you had broken your second toe. May I just say.... OUCH!

Did you get it taken care of properly? Are you elevating and icing it, keeping your weight off it? Let Mr. T help you!

Fragrance-wise I've been wearing Le Couvent des Minîmes Verbena & Lemon EdT today.