Code of Conduct

Default Thinking about ordering some samples and would like some advice. (Fougere?)

I have very limited experience with fragrances. I really like the smell of T&H Grafton and Azzaro Pour Homme is the fragrance I use very often. So I assume that I like fougere type of fragrances.

I'd like to order from http://theperfumedcourt.com/, because it seems like they have small (1.5ml) spray bottles and good prices. If there are different/better places to buy from, let me know.

So far in my shopping cart, there are scents that in my brief search i found to be acclaimed fougere fragrances, one rose (which i tried once and loved) and Hermes( of which i bought a fake bottle of recently):

Caron Third Man
    Penhaligon's English Fern EDT
    Czech & Speake No. 88
    Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EDT
    Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur EDT
    Givenchy Insense edt
    Yves Saint Laurent Kouros EDT
    Hermes Terre D'Hermes
    Guerlain Vetiver

I would like some suggestions/feedback please
    Last edited by SkipMcCoy; 10th March 2012 at 02:15 PM.

Default Re: Thinking about ordering some samples and would like some advice. (Fougere?)

Fougere Royale

Default Re: Thinking about ordering some samples and would like some advice. (Fougere?)

I recommend you add Invasion Barbare to your list as it is a excellent oriental fougere.

If you like lavender then C&S Oxford & Cambridge is a very good aromatic fougere.

Very good choices. Not all are exactly fougeres, but they are definitely worth smelling (Insense is a masculine florals, one of my favorite perfumes, it could be soon discontinued. and Kouros is hard to categorize). As fougeres, I'd add Rive Gauche pour homme and Drakkar noir. If the place carries niche (I'm not sure), also Eloge d'un traitre by Etat Libre d'Orange. As "nugere" (contemporary fougeres) $$$ Invasion Barbare (but it may not be available. Many people also like Penhaligon's Sartorial, I'm not a fan).

cacio

Equipage is also somewhat along those lines, though woodier.

For rose, also think about Aramis 900.

If Terre d'Hermes ends up being too much for you, Voyage d'Hermes or Bulgari Man are both similar but toned down.

And I agree with Oxford and Cambridge...one of very few lavenders that I really like.

And TPC is great...a bit expensive but I've ordered from them numerous times. Their old 1.5 spray vials used to evaporate over time, but the new ones should be fine. There are other places but if you're still newish, TPC should keep you busy for a while.

here are a few others you might want to consider...

Jicky
    Gucci Nobile
    Worth Pour Homme

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Thank you all for the feedback; added Rive Gauche and Gucci Nobile to my shopping cart. Will add Jicky once I figure out if i should buy edt or edp/pdt; wasn't able to find C&S Oxford & Cambridge, so i'll just keep it in mind.

Will probably place the order, tonight after work.

Invasion Barbare

afraid to try that, cause it seems just a bit too expensive ):