Code of Conduct

Default Cheap(ish) Creed at Cheapsmells

Not sure if this is the right place to mention it (and it may already exist elsewhere) but Cheapsmells seem to be selling Creed at pretty reasonable prices: http://www.cheapsmells.com/productPa...previousBrand=

Default Re: Cheap(ish) Creed at Cheapsmells

Anyone know what year batches they are selling?

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Anyone know what year batches they are selling?
    I received my GIT yesterday: A3211UO1. Smells good.

Thanks Mr G. Sounds like a bargain then

yeah, it seems a good batch from the discussion here: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/272...-thread!/page7

Has anybody got any experience ordering Creed, or any other fragrance from this website?

Some of their prices are great, and in particular they stock some fragrances I can't seem to find elsewhere.

Any experiences, both good or bad would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Basenotes Plus

I haven't purchased any Creed from them but every experience has been thoroughly positive. Efficient service, good communication, and fast secure delivery. I'd recommend them without hesitation - two thumbs up.

This may also be of interest -

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/255...-OUTSTANDING!!
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 14th May 2012 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    I haven't purchased any Creed from them but every experience has been thoroughly positive. Efficient service, good communication, and fast secure delivery. I'd recommend them without hesitation - two thumbs up.

This may also be of interest -

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/255...-OUTSTANDING!!
    Excellent, thanks Jon!

I noticed that second thread when I went into the UK shopping guids sub-forum!!

Creed at £99 for 120ml is worth a punt if the consensus is that they are genuine. A few other bargains to be had it seems!!

I have used them several times including for Creeds and others, often hard to find fragrances.

My dad also recently got his only bottle of fragrance from them and it arrived very soon. Free delivery is a major plus too!

Thanks for the reply Rum!

I guess I'm just naturally apprehensive when it comes to e-tailers, especially regarding fragrances such as Creed that are at a c.35-40% discount.

It gives me confidence that people have had positive experiences using the site.

I may just dive in and get a 4oz GIT, but there are plenty of other, cheaper fragrances such as Rochas Man and Givenchy Pi that I might pick up first!

I bought a bottle of Virgin Island Water from CheapSmells at the beginning of the year, it was £95 for 120ml if I remember correctly, and it's definitely the real deal, I wear it regularly. I was so impressed with the price and service that I have just ordered my second Creed fragrance from them, Mountain Spring Water.

I use the site fairly often for various scents and have never had a problem, the worst thing that happened was one bottle arrived and had burst open in the post, I contacted them and they sent a replacement very quickly and were super easy to deal with throughout, I'd definitely recommend them.

Basenotes Member

I can verify that these guys do sell genuine stock. My Original Vetiver is spot on and my bottle of GIT lasts an easy 9 hours. Having said that, I had to send a bottle of GIT back to them as it barely cracked 30 mins. However, I am putting this down to Creed's QA than cheapsmells and will continue to use the company for my scent fix.

Russell

Anyone from here in the UK in the market for splitting a bottle of Creed Royal Oud? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler-durden View Post
    Has anybody got any experience ordering Creed, or any other fragrance from this website?

Some of their prices are great, and in particular they stock some fragrances I can't seem to find elsewhere.

Any experiences, both good or bad would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    I've bought 2/3 of my collection from there including Creeds. Just email them to check the batches, becuase some can be older ones. The Royal Water, for example, that thye had in Sep 2012, was a 2007 batch, but most tend to be 2 years old.

I've had Virgin Island Water and Silver Mountian Water ffrom them and both are perfect.

I bought Silver Mountain Water from them last year, £94 for 120ml bottle, and it's spot on. I too was a bit nervous that they might be dodgy, considering the low prices, but they are indeed genuine. There's a great video here that I found on YouTube that shows how to spot Creed fakes (as apparently there ARE some out there, especially on eBay) - well worth watching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ6XLo7dJIc

Thinking of picking up a 120ml bottle of SMW from cheap smells. Anyone got one recently? If so was it a good batch etc? Thanks
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

I got mine in December 2012, so just a couple of months ago. It smells amazing to me, exactly like the tester I tried in store, I have no complaints.

Cor, 30ml of Virgin Island Water for £60! http://www.cheapsmells.com/productPa...oductId=245595

in the past they had the huge 120ml bottle for £100, it's great stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to mention it (and it may already exist elsewhere) but Cheapsmells seem to be selling Creed at pretty reasonable prices: http://www.cheapsmells.com/productPa...previousBrand=
    Aventus now £125 for 120ml

Basenotes Member

I had the email this morning and ordered straight away - they sold out in hours last time.

All sold out already!

According to my calculations, they barely lasted 2 hours

Basenotes Member

Millesime Imperial or Green Irish Tweed? Both seem to be in stock...first purchase but I have used these guys before.

Anywhere else have a decent price?
    Last edited by Braxbrah; 4th April 2013 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Braxbrah View Post
    Millesime Imperial or Green Irish Tweed? Both seem to be in stock...first purchase but I have used these guys before.

Anywhere else have a decent price?
    You won't find a better price in the UK mate.

Both are excellent, but GIT is in a different league to MI, IMO

Basenotes Member

Are they the real deal though, or an older less potent batch so much that you could tell the difference? I have used cheap smells before but not for niche fragrances. Appreciate the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Braxbrah View Post
    Are they the real deal though, or an older less potent batch so much that you could tell the difference? I have used cheap smells before but not for niche fragrances. Appreciate the reply.
    Most of their stock is 2011/2012, but I know their Royal Water (when I asked in Dec) was a 2007 batch. If you email info@cheapsmells.com and tell them which bottle and size you want, they will email you the batch. They are not cheap because of age or batch though mate. The Aventus that they had yesterday was 2012 E01 batch, which is great. The 75ml GIT they have is 2012 A02 (I bought one a couple of weeks back)

Basenotes Member

I have had three creeds from them. Aventus and GIT which I still have and Original Vetiver which I sold. The Aventus I have (which I bough a month or so a go from them - the time before last they were in stock) lasts at least 7-8 hours and projects like mad for the first few. GIT lasts an easy 10 hours for me, though the first bottle I got from Cheapsmells was not as strong as the last. This is more of a Creed issue than Cheapsmells, mind. Original Vetiver was great, too.

Basically, there is no better place to get Creed scents in the UK without paying full price. If you are really that concerned, then buy from the local dealer, but I have had no problems at all with CS and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. In fact I have.

Basenotes Member

Thanks guys, very helpful great replies.

I have Virgin Island Water and Silver Mountain Water both amell exactly the same as the testers I tried in various stores before I purchased, I am really pleased with both, they were an amazing price and for me the scent is perfect, exactly what I was expecting from having sampled the fragrances previously.

I use CS all the time, for a variety of different scents, and generally I don't think they can be beatten on price; great service too, always very fast!

Basenotes Member

Yeah I am going to order another batch of products off their website today. I went into Boots on saturday with a list I wanted to try out and came out with some favourites I am going to invest in. Its a shame they don't have a creed there to sample so I think I may blind buy some GIT or Millesime Imperial now knowing they are pretty renowned at Creed products also.

I'd stop using Creeds if I ever found them in Boots!!!

My brother just got an offers email from Cheapsmells. They are currently offering £5 off any Creed until midnight 14/4/13 using voucher code Creed5

Just a little heads up, but Cheapsmells is now Allbeauty. I think they're the same company. I bought Royal Oud from there and had absolutely no trouble.

They have Aventus in stock in 120ml and 30ml. £150 for the larger size. Great value for anyone in the UK. You can email them and they'll gladly tell you the batch numbers.

Wish they would resume shipping to the US. Used to buy hard to find scents there at great prices. (325)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Have to say I have long been a fan of this site and have actually got all of my current Creeds from there.

However, the price hikes have started to take the piss. The price for 120ml Aventus is really just cashing-in on the Christmas rush - they sold it for £30 less a few months ago, so why do they sell for so much all of a sudden? This makes them uncompetitive (for Creeds) and will look around more in future.

Have to say I have long been a fan of this site and have actually got all of my current Creeds from there.

However, the price hikes have started to take the piss. The price for 120ml Aventus is really just cashing-in on the Christmas rush - they sold it for £30 less a few months ago, so why do they sell for so much all of a sudden? This makes them uncompetitive (for Creeds) and will look around more in future.
    Aventus from them is still about 50 quid cheaper than from Creed. They're a lot less 'grey' than some of the other sellers who scratch of serial numbers etc. GIT for £114 for 120ml with the serial numbers intact? Bargain!

It's true, they are still cheapest and do have excellent customer service teams. I wouldn't normally say a word against them, but they have been creeping up in price for Creeds constantly. I just don't get why. Soon they will be selling at retail prices the way they're heading. Oh well, I suppose they are not 'cheap smells' any more!!

They probably get a lot of traffic from this forum. Lurkers always outnumber posters and we have been plugging that site a fair bit. Also, the Xmas frag-buying frenzy is coming.

Talking of plugs, I see they now stock the hard-to-find Loewe 7 Natural. (I tried this myself and liked it but longevity and sillage were piss-poor).

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    They probably get a lot of traffic from this forum. Lurkers always outnumber posters and we have been plugging that site a fair bit. Also, the Xmas frag-buying frenzy is coming.
    Hi Marais,

Yup I totally agree with you re the seasonal fragrance buying frenzy and the number of lurkers that probably get forwarded to that site. But it still appears that they are cashing-in on the trend. Not really in line with a 'cheap' marketing image that they (had) for their company.

The demand for discounted Aventus has always been very high and originally they were selling out within 24hrs. When I got my bottle about a year ago it was £125 and they were also selling them on Ebay under their other name Beaumont Trading or whatever. They'd sold out on Ebay but were still showing it on their website so I ordered one. The next day I got an email saying it was actually out of stock and my money had been refunded and they'd put me on the notification list as they were getting some in again soon. So I eventually ended up with a bottle about a week later but it just goes to show the demand for it. Add that to the fact Creed prices keep going up they know they are still a fair bit cheaper. To be fair they at least bother to reply when you inquire about batch numbers. I noticed Loewe 7 Natural too and have a sample ordered from ALZD Germany after first considering it as a blind buy. Marais's comments have deflated my expectations somewhat about that one but I'm hoping it lasts longer on my skin if I do indeed like it.

Hi Marais,

Yup I totally agree with you re the seasonal fragrance buying frenzy and the number of lurkers that probably get forwarded to that site. But it still appears that they are cashing-in on the trend. Not really in line with a 'cheap' marketing image that they (had) for their company.
    You are right there. Maybe that's why they changed the name. Although 'Cheapsmells' had obvious drawbacks as a name for a business selling luxury products.

Quote Originally Posted by Healer View Post
    I noticed Loewe 7 Natural too and have a sample ordered from ALZD Germany after first considering it as a blind buy. Marais's comments have deflated my expectations somewhat about that one but I'm hoping it lasts longer on my skin if I do indeed like it.
    I got my sample from them too and it saved me a bad blind-buy. Anyway these factors vary a fair bit between individuals, so good luck with it.

Well I suppose the ultimate test will be to see when they sell out of it. Usually it's gone within a flash (literally a few minutes), but so far it's been there a few days and no sign of it being sold out.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: it's still there on their site, so clearly not sold out just yet!