Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Sunday 11th March, 2012.

Goodness am I the first one up today!!
    It's a glorious, sunny morning here in Shrewsbury and
    I am making coffee for my two hung-over sons and
    their friend.

I shall apply some Cristobal when I get a moment to myself.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Last edited by kewart; 11th March 2012 at 10:28 AM.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Default Re: SOTD Sunday 11th March, 2012.

Good morning! Have a fantastic and fragrant Sunday!

Morning All,

Kewart - Now that's motherly love !

Shaping up to be a glorious day on London too. Just returned from the bakery with some goodies for morning tea. Time to crank up the coffee machine, I think.
    I'm wearing a good 7 or 8 spritzes of Guerlain's Eau du Coq in anticipation of some very mild (17 degrees) temps.

Wishing everyone a fab Sunday.

Good morning,
    I just wanted to say (until I read G.'s comment) - you are a good mother, kewart!
    No hangover here, no sun either... *growl*
    No proper SotD in fact as I tossed four different samples of 'lesser houses' (no, I will never reveal who I am referring to) I have never heard of before on my arms plus on top of all an old Moment Supreme extrait sample (that was turned... I did not remember it was that bad) on my chest. Call it spring cleaning! I stink and you either accept what I am today or you leave it.

My toe says Hi and Thanks to everyone who wrote to it yesterday. The family and both jobs have been kind to it, too. I tried to stitch instead and drilled a small hole in the pushing finger -- will look for a fitting thimble next time we go antiquing, I have one but it is for another finger. However, I managed to bake a seasonal cake -- Bundt chocolate with spearmint glaze and some bitter chocolate shavings on top (not a classic Grasshopper, just a variation), some of you might know that my sweet tooth had run away without my permission several years ago but I still enjoy the process.

Blue di La Perla.
    Gary Moore "Still Got the Blues for You".

Good afternoon.

Wore Preludio d'Oriente this morning.

Happy 25th starshipvelcro.

Kewart, iconic mothering lol!

Gandhajala and Larimar, enjoy your Sundays!

Twolf, hope your toe gets well soon. I'm absent for two days only and miss so much lol.

for swap/sale:

Great shaving today..so guerlain Vetiver

Basenotes Member

Good morning,

Twolf I hope your toe gets better soon, try to give it lots of rest!!

It feels like Spring has arrived in London so Osmanthus Interdit for me today.

Basenotes Plus

Wolfie I hope you feel better soon.

Whwend, just want to welcome you to Basenotes! (Don't think I have yet.)

I came across a forgotten decant of Chanel Cuir de Russie, so that's my SOTD. LOL, I felt like I won something when I discovered it.

Wish you all a lovely Sunday.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Dear Toe of Twolfie,
    So sorry to hear of your recent accident. I understand that even in your delicate condition, you have managed to play a supporting role to Mrs. Twolf in baking her fabulous chocolate bundt cake - bravo! Continue to be brave, rest up. Keep an eye out for your cousins, Twolfie's fingertips, please, I believe that one of them had a rather close call yesterday.
    Please feel better soon, and drop us a line as you recover, dear.
    Warmly,
    RTamara41
    (still deciding on a Sunday fragrance today...likely sampling hither and thither)
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    My toe says Hi and Thanks to everyone who wrote to it yesterday. The family and both jobs have been kind to it, too. I tried to stitch instead and drilled a small hole in the pushing finger -- will look for a fitting thimble next time we go antiquing, I have one but it is for another finger. However, I managed to bake a seasonal cake -- Bundt chocolate with spearmint glaze and some bitter chocolate shavings on top (not a classic Grasshopper, just a variation), some of you might know that my sweet tooth had run away without my permission several years ago but I still enjoy the process.

Blue di La Perla.
    Gary Moore "Still Got the Blues for You".
    Hi back to your Toe , Twolfie ! I hope your finger is holding up too . Lots of hugs , sweetheart.
    Kewart - Shrewsbury is so beautiful . Lovely Mother ! I'm guessing.... no fry ups for your two sons this morning !
    Hedonist- Basenotes moves fast !

Kai perfume oil for this early morning - I thought it was 5 something am but the clocks went forward for Spring today so it's actually nearly 7 am ! :O
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Sunday 11th March, 2012.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

SOTD

We were out on the lash yesterday. Oh, wheesht now, we deserved it. We have been so busy, then yesterday we were both off and we had no pressing commitments. So we walked the few miles into town, had a late lunch somewhere great, a drink in a scuzzy old bar, (essential) then some live music and some "Angostura 1919" rum, (fabulous), in a place where the beveridge a la mode is Hot Chocolate with Austrian Stroh! I think that Stroh is 80% Rum which is usually used for cooking! Larimar may be so kind as to tell us. Then a walk home, with another snifter on the way. Highly recommended! The SOTD was CdG Kyoto, which really is one of my favourites and which, I notice, has made its way into Mr F's gym bag on occasion.

Today, it is a nice quiet day, sampling.

I hope that you are all having a lovely day, and Wolfie, try to stay in one piece!

This weekend has been a blur, I am still building out my new workspace (and Organ). Today I am in Borneo 3000. Quite Lovely. Pictures of the new workspace to come. Have a great day everyone. Twolf - kiss. 30R keep an eye on the post towards wednesday.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Azuree this afternoon in celebration of beautiful spring day. Shame the back garden looks like Steptoe's yard due to Mr Ali refusing to pay a landscaper to do the landscaping. Still, I'm sat on what remains of the lawn enjoying the sunshine. Smelling like newly unfurled leaves in the heart of Azuree.
    No 1 son bringing girlfriend home for dinner with parent for first time this evening. Really ought to bottom the house but joints too sore.

Wolfie take care of your poor digits
    Last edited by Alityke; 11th March 2012 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wooznib View Post
    This weekend has been a blur, I am still building out my new workspace (and Organ). Today I am in Borneo 3000. Quite Lovely. Pictures of the new workspace to come. Have a great day everyone. Twolf - kiss. 30R keep an eye on the post towards wednesday.
    What a wonderful way to spend a weekend! Looking forward to the pictures....

Parfumerie generale Coze

Hello everyone -

I'm in Missoni this morning ...deee-lish! Y'all have a great day!

Healing hugs to ((Wolfie)), her dogs and her piggies.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

(((Twolf))) & (((Twolf's toe))). Be careful with that from now on, I have broken the same toe several times. They re-fracture very easily, it seems. My goodness, a tiny little toe can cause an awful lot of pain.

Quartz again today, can't get enough. Though my decant is generous, it won't last so I did indeed already order my FB!

Hugs to all!
    The nose wants what it wants!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I just read about your toe Twolfie. May the goddess of toes toss a healing glance.

Lazy first day of 'Spring Ahead Daylight Saving Time' Sunday morning, and after an early this AM to bed I uncharacteristically slept in until the luxuriously decadent 'new' hour of 10:15. Dreams occuring during a late morning sleep-in are often vivid, easily remembered and sinfully erotic. Thankfully this morning was no exception! (I would enjoy meeting those two very friendly ladies in real-life!).

Vintage Bel Ami this already past morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Bvlgari Blv II

Emma

queen of the universe

With thanks to misscasey, even though it's a day of errands and housework, I am donning the very elegant 24 Faubourg, which really calls for taffeta and candlelight. I put some on before bed last night, it lasts and has the power of scent memory. Taffeta. And my first high heels.
    Last edited by jujy54; 11th March 2012 at 04:54 PM.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Dreams occuring during a late morning sleep-in are often vivid, easily remembered and sinfully erotic. Thankfully this morning was no exception! (I would enjoy meeting those two very friendly ladies in real-life!).
    ^^

Love that song, Twolf!

Sampled an EdC of Jolie Madame this afternoon (kindly gifted to me by a fellow BNer). The staying power of this is amazing and I can see it truly is a great fragrance, but oh my, violet is so tricky for me. Alas, it is not for me!

SotE is Sous le Vent.

Hi all. Tiare by OJ was my sotd. Enjoy what's left of your weekend all!

Sote: Belle en Rykiel
    Last edited by devilcat; 11th March 2012 at 08:39 PM. Reason: to add sote

Aroma Allegoria Aromaparfum Apaisant

All the A's - nice and mild today and looking forward to spring.

With thanks to misscasey, even though it's a day of errands and housework, I am donning the very elegant 24 Faubourg, which really calls for taffeta and candlelight. I put some on before bed last night, it lasts and has the power of scent memory. Taffeta. And my first high heels.
    Aw. Sweet.

I think I'm gonna take a teeny break today and wait at least until this evening or maybe even tomorrow to sniff any of my beloved (or any) scents. My nose is feeling a little burned out- maybe overstimulated- in the wake of a recent sniffing spree. Feeling ever so slightly congested as well. Anyway, gonna go for a long hike or bike ride, get some fume free air, and renew my senses and spirit.

Happy Sunday/ Daylight Savings Time/ Almost Spring!
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wooznib View Post
    ...30R keep an eye on the post towards wednesday.
    Oh! I will look out for it, thank you!

((Twolf)) Now you have a sore needle-pushing finger as well! Sounds like you could use a nice massage (I wish I could train my cat to do this):

Sorry Foustie, I nearly forgot... Stroh Rum? It has quite a distinctive aroma, which is great for baking or a plain splash of rhum in something hot, nothing fancy just straight-forward. 'In the old days' I think the percentage Stroh Rum was quite sought after by foreign shoppers and tourists. I think the wider availability of the nice Coruba Rhum and others have changed that or tastes have changed?

Sotd is Jicky.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Rose 31 by Le Labo.

Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf
    Gary

It's official. I have been ruined by Shalimar. Not just any Shalimar. 1967 vintage extrait. Nothing else will satisfy at this point. I've tried to break away, sampling other beauties, and am relentlessly pulled back. I surrender. I rather blame mikeperez23. I spent the late morning, or was it the early afternoon, lolling about in a manner as described by kbe in a sensual cloud of lemon, bergamot, vanilla, incense and civet! Oh the glory!
    And it is spring! There are buds all throughout the sunny garden here at last.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Dependent

Dior Homme

Kewart, I didn't realize you're in Shrewsbury. Not that I've ever been there but my favorite 14th century monk detective is based there.

Larimar, you may stink but I'm sure you stink great!

Foustie, I love reading your posts about where you've been and what you've been doing. Sounds like you had fun.

That goes for everyone here...I love reading about everybody's day/evening.

Twolf, I wonder if your well toe is getting a little bit jealous of the unwell toe's getting all the attention. So I'm sending best wishes to both toes!

SotM was Panthère de Cartier Eau Légère.
    SotA is By Kilian's Love (don't by shy).

Having a nice lazy Sunday here. We went to early a.m. church service, then out to breakfast at Can Can brasserie, came home and flopped out for a while with papers, Mr. Belle ranting a bit while reading as I unraveled a tangled skein of yarn I want to use. Got hungry again and scrounged through the fridge for leftovers for lunch. Now we're about to take the dog out for a walk. It's sunny but still a bit chilly here. I will enjoy it because here it turns hot immediately. Spring is lovely and early, but of short duration. How does my fascinating day sound?

Love to all. ♥

Good Evening,

Passing over Kbe's post (hehehe) to send further healing vibes Twolf's way and to wish a future (?) member of the Alityke clan good luck for tonight.

I'm wearing MFK Cologne Pour le Soir.
    Best to all.

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    It's official. I have been ruined by Shalimar. Not just any Shalimar. 1967 vintage extrait.
    There 's nothing wrong with that! This is the real deal and only this!

Hi dears. Just got home from a friend's wedding. He was ecstatic.

Wore Parfum d'Feces aka Parfum d'Habit.

for swap/sale:

diptyque's tam dao

Hello all. Jo Malone White Lilac and Rhubarb.
    DONNA

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Etro Heliotrope today. I was doing some daydreaming yesterday about buying plants ... I've tried heliotrope a few times and haven't had good luck with it. So, I was thinking where I should try it this year and woke up craving the scent of heliotrope. Gotta go with a craving like that!

Happy Sunday to all!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I'm now in a gorgeous and under-appreciated (even among admitted fruity-floral lovers, myself included) fruity-floral by Jean Patou, Patou For Ever. Have a nice evening everyone!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Hi everyone!

Twolf, so sorry to hear about what happened to your toe. Rest and let yourself get waited on, you deserve it.

It's 44 degrees outside and feels like springtime, yay!

My husband has been in Minneapolis all weekend, so I figured it was a good time on Friday to start spring cleaning. Going through everything and getting rid of all we don't want or use. Didn't get finished but did better than I thought I would. Now it's to get it to the thrift store.

Scent of the afternoon is Gucci Accenti.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend!!

Farnesiana for me today.

Sending good thoughts to all today, especially Twolfie and her toe.

I can still smell my fragrant oils from yesterday's massage, so no scent yet. Take care, all.

Today was Diptyque L'Eau Mage...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Plus

Wearing a bespoke Neil Morris today."RHM" is all of the resinous basenotes I love, jasmine, waterlily & a sparkling aldehyde top. Thanks, Neil!
    Miss you, big guy!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Divine by Divine for me today.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Was going to wear no scent today, just to take a break, but I simply couldn't do it. I wore just a little Eau de Shalimar for my sunny, warm hour long walk/jog along the bike trail and now am sampling vintage Antilope- love it!- thanks to Ms. Jujy54. It reminds me somewhat of Chanel no. 5- clean, classy, and yes: comforting. (Sexy, too IMHO!) Thanks for sharing this beauticious beast with me.

XOXO
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

(((Twolf)))

I am not wearing any scent today, in fact, I have not used perfume for a few days. Earlier in the week I noticed my skin had some problems behind my ears, where I normally spray perfume. I have a theory of what perfume is the culprit, but I am not sure. I just don't want to irritate my skin more.

I sampled on my wrist What we do in Paris is Secret. It is beautiful!
    Evenstar

Éclat d'Arpège this warm'ish evening. I'm getting excited about pulling out the summery scents now...daydreaming about new additions to the managerie.

I am not wearing any scent today, in fact, I have not used perfume for a few days. Earlier in the week I noticed my skin had some problems behind my ears, where I normally spray perfume. I have a theory of what perfume is the culprit, but I am not sure. I just don't want to irritate my skin more.
    I hope this gets better soon. Sounds awfully bothersome.

A lot of you are seeing signs of spring! Hooray! Some of our oak trees are beginning to green up, and nest-building birds are stealing spiderwebs from under our eaves.

It was Vetiver pour Elle for me today.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    (((Twolf)))

I sampled on my wrist What we do in Paris is Secret. It is beautiful!
    Get better Arwen! I've had something similar but just behind my left ear. I also stopped spraying / dabbing scent in that area and it cleared up in a couple of days .

Frangipani extrait by Ormonde Jayne this evening.
    I cooked up some batches of low fat mini turkey meatloaves for the family. I won't eat any though, being vegetarian .

My bluejay Piggy has now switched from wanting nuts to demanding cake crumbs ! He's as fat and as cute as ever.
    Husband has been calling him Pugsy ! Poor bird doesn't know what his name is anymore .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Terre d'Hermes Parfum

Basenotes Plus

Good Night everyone!

Wearing L'Artisan's Mure et Musc Extreme
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme