Code of Conduct

Question Has anyone tried Diptyque Rosa Mundi fragrance?

Diptyque have launched a new scent, Rosa Mundi, which I would expect to be similar or identical to their Rosa Mundi candle (haven't smelled that, either). Has anone tried it? What do you think? How does it compare to their Eau Rose, or other rose frags by different companies?

Default Re: Has anyone tried Diptyque Rosa Mundi fragrance?

Would be interested to find out, too. 30R., have you tried either of them?

My recent rose craving: FM Lipstick Rose + AG Ce Soir Ou Jamais + Caron Sacre + PG13 Brulure de Rose, someting old-fashioned, sweet, powdery, dusty, but NONE of these four. The closest to what I imagine in my head would be HdP 1976 Mata Hari, of all I have smelled as of late.

I was hoping about L'Occitane Rose Jardin Delice, but do not have a way of trying it, either.
    Last edited by Twolf; 11th March 2012 at 11:13 AM.

The actual fragrance is Eau Rose in a 10mls rollerball or 50mls spray.

Not as rich or heady as the candle which is to die for. I sniffed the candle first the fragrances where on the next shelf. Quite light and easy to wear pretty.
    DONNA

Where did you see Rosa Mundi? As donna was saying, I only saw Eau Rose, which is a very pleasant fresh, green rose (which becomes a touch too sweet in the drydown).

Twolf:
    Cabaret is in the same style as 1876, though it doesn't really correspond to your description of powdery.

cacio

I guess they appropriated the name Rosa Mundi from the old Aleister Crowley poem of the same name.

ROSE of the World!
    Red glory of the secret heart of Love!
    Red flame, rose-red, most subtly curled
    Into its own infinite flower, all flowers above! Its flower in its own perfumed passion,
    Its faint sweet passion, folded and furled
    In flower fashion;
    And my deep spirit taking its pure part
    Of that voluptuous heart
    Of hidden happiness!

Fair Rosamund mistress of Henry II was known as rosa mundi rose of the world way back in the 12th century.
    DONNA

Interesting! Thanks for that Donna.

Blog Entries

Twolf, there's no place in CT to smell Diptyque fragrances any longer, to my knowledge. I'll have to wait for a trip to NYC or Boston.

I saw a small editorial piece about Rosa Mundi (as distinct from Eau Rose) in a Sunday paper yesterday. It was on page 45 of the "You" magazine that comes with the Mail on Sunday. It showed a picture of a Diptyque bottle with the name Rosa Mundi written in their black and white script on it, and the small paragraph said it would contain two types of rose scents plus "a honeyed note". I scoured the internet for a review, but can't find anything about it anywhere. But it is definitely not the same as the Eau Rose, which has been out a little while and which I've already sampled.

And yes, Donna, it could refer to Rosamund Clifford, Henry II's mistress, after whom a rose was named, but it's said that the Rosa Mundi rose doesn't have much of a smell! Hopefully that won't apply to the new Diptyque.

LATER THIS MORNING ..... I'm now wondering whether I had a wish-fulfilment brainstorm! I can't find the missing page, can't find the scent on Diptyque's own website, or in any of the stores that usually carry their stuff! Did I mistake a picture of the candle for a picture of an eau de toilette????? Either I made a mistake - and if I did, my apologies all round - or else the editorial staff of the magazine got an advance preview of something that's not yet being marketed. Either way, what a bummer!
    Last edited by redrose; 12th March 2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: added name of magazine

Sur la Plage

Rosa Mundi is the name of the new Diptyque candle.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Cacio, I know and love Cabaret (and also its posher relativeFM The Portrait of a Lady), and yes, it is not QUITE what I am craving now, although old-fashioned nontheless. Thanks for thinking about my whims.