Code of Conduct

Default Shelf life regarding Creed batches

Hey folks,

Regarding Creed, do you think the shelf life starts from the year the batch was made or when you first spray it? I have an 08 batch of Royal Delight which both my Girlfriend and I love. 08 was the last year they made this fragrance, and I'm thinking of getting another bottle to store away. Im just afraid it may go rancid by the time I use it..

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Shelf life regarding Creed batches

Store it in a dry, cool, dark place. Don't leave it out. You'll get at least seven or eight years out of it. Creed guarantees it's good for at least six years.

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    Store it in a dry, cool, dark place. Don't leave it out. You'll get at least seven or eight years out of it. Creed guarantees it's good for at least six years.
    Thank you, but if it was made in 08 and now it's 2012, does that mean I only have two years left out of it ?

No idea how old my Vetiver '48 is but it must be knocking on a bit. Still smells fresh and new. I always store in a cool, dark place, as advised above.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Thank you, but if it was made in 08 and now it's 2012, does that mean I only have two years left out of it ?
    Once bottled in the factory no air can get to the juice. It's only when you have primed the spray pump does air get in and the natural process of oxidation starts. So it will be from the date the spray pump was primed.

I have gotten more than ten so far on many of my Creeds.

Basenotes Junkie

Any thoughts on the life-span on a Creed if stored dark but room temperatured? I can't really store them cool - the best I can do is an (obviously) dark closet in my bedroom.

I need two to three years, I guess. I seem to use my Creeds way more than my other frags, so I don't assume they'll last as long as five years even.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Nah you should get a good five years more very easily. Unless it's been stored on an open shelf by a window all those years. Or in a bathroom. Never store Creeds in a bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Once bottled in the factory no air can get to the juice. It's only when you have primed the spray pump does air get in and the natural process of oxidation starts. So it will be from the date the spray pump was primed.
    Thank you Jack!! I better jump on another bottle of Royal Delight then!! My girl def thinks it's more masculine and unique. I already have almost a full bottle, do you think I should buy another one?

Nick

Thank you Jack!! I better jump on another bottle of Royal Delight then!! My girl def thinks it's more masculine and unique. I already have almost a full bottle, do you think I should buy another one?

Nick
    If you love the juice and your girlfriend appreciates it not forgetting you have the cash. Why not, go for it and enjoy!

Thank you everyone for your input !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    If you love the juice and your girlfriend appreciates it not forgetting you have the cash. Why not, go for it and enjoy!
    Are you a fan of Royal Delight Jack? I think it was a bad move creed discontinued it. It's a powerhouse and is very unique IMO. Longevity is 12 hours easy on my skin..

Are you a fan of Royal Delight Jack? I think it was a bad move creed discontinued it. It's a powerhouse and is very unique IMO. Longevity is 12 hours easy on my skin..
    I like the smell but it makes me feel like I have just visited a French Boudoir.lol I just find it too perfumery for my tastes though I admit it smells very nice I just cannot pull it off.lol

Does anyone know how many sprays there are in a 125ml Creed bottle? I have three bottles of GIT and I wear it once a week. If I knew how many sprays there were I could calculate how long it would last, and if I need to sell a bottle, or just hang on to it.

Quote Originally Posted by racuda View Post
    Does anyone know how many sprays there are in a 125ml Creed bottle? I have three bottles of GIT and I wear it once a week. If I knew how many sprays there were I could calculate how long it would last, and if I need to sell a bottle, or just hang on to it.
    Yes - I did know, because I tested them by spraying into a graduated pipette (and then threw the content over me so as not to waste it). From memory, it's around 8 sprays per ml (though it could be 7 or 9). I posted the exact results here, but it may be a needle in a haystack trying to find them. Most other scents had about 12 sprays to the ml, but Creed and Boss's big sprayers pumped out more volume per spray.

Regards,
    Renato
    Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Yes - I did know, because I tested them by spraying into a graduated pipette (and then threw the content over me so as not to waste it). From memory, it's around 8 sprays per ml (though it could be 7 or 9). I posted the exact results here, but it may be a needle in a haystack trying to find them. Most other scents had about 12 sprays to the ml, but Creed and Boss's big sprayers pumped out more volume per spray.

Regards,
    Renato
    Regards.
    Thanks! That means that there are 250 wearings per bottle. If I wear it once a week that would mean a bottle would last five years. So my three bottles would last 15 years. Looks like I need to liquidate a bottle or two, or wear it more often.

Most of my Creed's have hit their sixth or seventh year now, and I have no idea how old they were when I got them.
    They all smell fine to me.
    I think you are worrying unnecessarily.
    Regards,
    Renato

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by racuda View Post
    Thanks! That means that there are 250 wearings per bottle. If I wear it once a week that would mean a bottle would last five years. So my three bottles would last 15 years. Looks like I need to liquidate a bottle or two, or wear it more often.
    Geez, you wear one spray? Why bother? It's Creed! You can't smell anything less than three sprays with Creed!

As long as its stored in a dark, cool and dry area your going to be fine for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    Geez, you wear one spray? Why bother? It's Creed! You can't smell anything less than three sprays with Creed!
    I think 125ml would equal 1,000 sprays at 8/ml. 250 wearings would be 4 sprays per wearing.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    I think 125ml would equal 1,000 sprays at 8/ml. 250 wearings would be 4 sprays per wearing.
    I never was good at math.

I store my fragrances in my refrigerator. It's unnecessary, I know, but I do it bCoz I'm OC & I can I'm thinking bout taking my Creeds out and ageing them a bit, I hear that MI's pineapple not gets stronger with ageing.

My oldest Creed bottle is from 2007. Just received a tester bottle of Green Valley from Beauty Encounter. Grabbed it to add to my collection. (Fragrance was just discontinued this year ) Sprayed it not sure if its been stored properly all these years. Not sure if I should give it a chance or exchange it. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,