Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 52 of 52
Just Starting Out Sponsor
  1. #31
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    I have been collecting, modestly, since 2001. I have owned Bond, Clive, etc etc.

    As of January first I decided that I will only wear CREED for the rest of my life.

    In fact I denounced all other fragrances. Absolutely no tolerance for them.

    I went to the mall yesterday to smell Guerlain Vetiver just to remind myself how vastly superior CREED is.

    The best thing I can say about Bond after wasting my money on eight bottles??? Chez Bond is a decent knockoff of GREEN IRISH TWEED.

  2. #32
    Dependent starshipvelcro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio somewhere
    Posts
    2,470

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    wow, I could never do that...but I respect that

  3. #33
    Dependent Oupavoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,363

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDTIII View Post
    I have been collecting, modestly, since 2001. I have owned Bond, Clive, etc etc.

    As of January first I decided that I will only wear CREED for the rest of my life.

    In fact I denounced all other fragrances. Absolutely no tolerance for them.

    I went to the mall yesterday to smell Guerlain Vetiver just to remind myself how vastly superior CREED is.

    The best thing I can say about Bond after wasting my money on eight bottles??? Chez Bond is a decent knockoff of GREEN IRISH TWEED.
    Let me start off by saying boy you have the balls saying Creed is vastly superior to Guerlain. That made my day, funniest thing I read on BN. I think you meant to say Guerlain is vastly superior to Creed. At least all there batches are great, unlike Creed and there famous variations from batch to batch.

  4. #34

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    Hmm of the two I'd say Creed. The fruity citrus scent you are looking for is Millesime Imperial. I think it's the only Creed or Bond worth paying retail for.

  5. #35
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,068

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    I'm doing good at bumping older threads. Ok, so...I don't have much experience with Creed, or Bond for that matter, although I spent a few hours testing out the Bonds yesterday. Here is my take...You gotta take the fragrance for what it is...what I mean by that is just look at it by itself and analyze it for what it is, don't compare, just test it out. To me it's like comparing a movie to the book that it's based on...is the movie ever as good as the book? No, not usually, BUT can the movie still be good even if it doesn't follow the book with exactness, I say a resounding YES!! I hated it when people said that the Harry Potter movies were crap because they weren't exactly like the book. If the movies were made NOT from a book would people have said that they were original and amazing, I think so, but, since they were based on a book that they didn't follow with extreme exactness, they just called them crap and moved on. OK, I really haven't smelled very many Creeds at all, but I have smelled a lot of Bonds and am continuing to test the samples and full bottles that I now possess...yes, FULL bottles...two to be exact-New Haarlem which I absolutely love and am not ashamed to admit it, and Little Italy which my wife wanted and absolutely loves. With nothing to compare to them...I think they are awesome..I am really impressed with the whole line...and you know what, I think that I still would be impressed with them even if I did have something to compare them to, why? Because I can appreciate the fragrance for what it IS, not slam it for what it ISN'T. I am seeing a whole heck of a lot of Creed snobbery on Basenotes like it is the God of fragrances and that other fragrances are mere mortals to be squashed by the almighty Creed. Come on people...analyze it by itself, test it out and see what you think of it, not that it's not a Creed. I know the OP was asking to see opinions between the Creeds and Bonds and I get that, but then it turns into ONLY Creed because nothing else in this world is good...I mean I like Chocolate Chip cookies and I think they smell good...but I don't know how they can smell good because I'm sure that there is a Creed fragrance that smells SO MUCH better than the actually chocolate chip cookie. I love the Bonds, I'm ok with saying that...they are fragrances and they smell good to me, so, I'll take it. If I smell some more Creeds soon and they smell good, which I don't know how they couldn't because everything smells better if it's named Creed right, then I will buy a Creed based on how IT smells, not on how it doesn't smell. Whew, I'm not saying you can't dislike Bond, I'm just saying that you should base your distaste on what it is and not what it isn't. And...by the way, aren't there a LOT of fragrances by Bond that smell NOTHING like Creed, meaning that there are a lot more that don't smell like a Creed than there are that do? Yep, I'm just saying. And, I have sampled GIT and gave it a fair shot, but I like Chez Bond better, I know, blasphemy, but it's true. It's a lot smoother and somewhat sweeter and that is what I wanted.

  6. #36
    Dependent hobbes22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Francisco CA
    Posts
    1,411

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDTIII View Post
    I have been collecting, modestly, since 2001. I have owned Bond, Clive, etc etc.

    As of January first I decided that I will only wear CREED for the rest of my life.

    In fact I denounced all other fragrances. Absolutely no tolerance for them.

    I went to the mall yesterday to smell Guerlain Vetiver just to remind myself how vastly superior CREED is.

    The best thing I can say about Bond after wasting my money on eight bottles??? Chez Bond is a decent knockoff of GREEN IRISH TWEED.
    This... seems a little excessive. This kind of zealous talk makes Creed fans look bad

    Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    I'm doing good at bumping older threads. Ok, so...I don't have much experience with Creed, or Bond for that matter, although I spent a few hours testing out the Bonds yesterday. Here is my take...You gotta take the fragrance for what it is...what I mean by that is just look at it by itself and analyze it for what it is, don't compare, just test it out. To me it's like comparing a movie to the book that it's based on...is the movie ever as good as the book? No, not usually, BUT can the movie still be good even if it doesn't follow the book with exactness, I say a resounding YES!! I hated it when people said that the Harry Potter movies were crap because they weren't exactly like the book. If the movies were made NOT from a book would people have said that they were original and amazing, I think so, but, since they were based on a book that they didn't follow with extreme exactness, they just called them crap and moved on. OK, I really haven't smelled very many Creeds at all, but I have smelled a lot of Bonds and am continuing to test the samples and full bottles that I now possess...yes, FULL bottles...two to be exact-New Haarlem which I absolutely love and am not ashamed to admit it, and Little Italy which my wife wanted and absolutely loves. With nothing to compare to them...I think they are awesome..I am really impressed with the whole line...and you know what, I think that I still would be impressed with them even if I did have something to compare them to, why? Because I can appreciate the fragrance for what it IS, not slam it for what it ISN'T. I am seeing a whole heck of a lot of Creed snobbery on Basenotes like it is the God of fragrances and that other fragrances are mere mortals to be squashed by the almighty Creed. Come on people...analyze it by itself, test it out and see what you think of it, not that it's not a Creed. I know the OP was asking to see opinions between the Creeds and Bonds and I get that, but then it turns into ONLY Creed because nothing else in this world is good...I mean I like Chocolate Chip cookies and I think they smell good...but I don't know how they can smell good because I'm sure that there is a Creed fragrance that smells SO MUCH better than the actually chocolate chip cookie. I love the Bonds, I'm ok with saying that...they are fragrances and they smell good to me, so, I'll take it. If I smell some more Creeds soon and they smell good, which I don't know how they couldn't because everything smells better if it's named Creed right, then I will buy a Creed based on how IT smells, not on how it doesn't smell. Whew, I'm not saying you can't dislike Bond, I'm just saying that you should base your distaste on what it is and not what it isn't. And...by the way, aren't there a LOT of fragrances by Bond that smell NOTHING like Creed, meaning that there are a lot more that don't smell like a Creed than there are that do? Yep, I'm just saying. And, I have sampled GIT and gave it a fair shot, but I like Chez Bond better, I know, blasphemy, but it's true. It's a lot smoother and somewhat sweeter and that is what I wanted.
    I appreciate you breathless enthusiasm, but please... a paragraph now and then

  7. #37
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    "This... seems a little excessive. This kind of zealous talk makes Creed fans look bad "

    Ah crap. And to think I was really banking on your approval.

  8. #38
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    "I appreciate you breathless enthusiasm, but please... a paragraph now and then "

    What are you the grammar police?

  9. #39
    Dependent hobbes22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Francisco CA
    Posts
    1,411

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDTIII View Post
    Ah crap. And to think I was really banking on your approval.
    Ha, that's not the point. You should realize that you're doing Creed's brand a disservice, at least from my perspective. But keep it up! I'm sure your winning charm and positive attitude will encourage more people to support Creed.

    Quote Originally Posted by BDTIII View Post
    What are you the grammar police?
    What are you, the grammar-police police?

    Seriously though, just trying to give friendly advice to improve readability - notice the smiley. He makes some interesting points, and formatting would help us find them. I wasn't trying to offend or criticize to be mean.

    Kybid, apologies if it came across the wrong way

  10. #40
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    I wont deny that his post was dizzying. After his 31st run on sentence I had to hammer two dramamine.

    As for my damaging the CREED Brand? That's curious I didnt know I was made ambassador to the internet for CREED. Sh*t, I better get a new suit.

    In fact I will tell you that I have no interest in promoting CREED. The more rare, the better.

    No matter how good a scent I want to be the only one in the room wearing it.

    Positive attitude? This forum is swimming in emoticons and men who post effeminate rants.

    Hobby boy I am a Hendricks Gin scented breath of fresh air here.

    (insert childlike sissy emoticon here)

  11. #41
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    123
    Last edited by BDTIII; 26th March 2012 at 08:27 PM. Reason: dbl post

  12. #42
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,068

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    What are you, the grammar-police police?

    Seriously though, just trying to give friendly advice to improve readability - notice the smiley. He makes some interesting points, and formatting would help us find them. I wasn't trying to offend or criticize to be mean.

    Kybid, apologies if it came across the wrong way
    No apologies necessary. I see what you mean. When I posted it, it was quite intimidating and I thought "I probably wouldn't read that because it's just one big block of text". Thanks for the friendly advice.

    I reread my "rant" also, and I feel like I was in a quite a passionate frame of mind. Creeds can be great and Bonds can be great and they can live in this great world together...that's what I was trying to say.

  13. #43
    Dependent hobbes22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Francisco CA
    Posts
    1,411

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDTIII View Post
    Positive attitude? This forum is swimming in emoticons and men who post effeminate rants.

    Hobby boy I am a Hendricks Gin scented breath of fresh air here.

    (insert childlike sissy emoticon here)
    I guess if you thump your chest hard enough, you prove to yourself you're a man, eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDTIII View Post
    In fact I will tell you that I have no interest in promoting CREED. The more rare, the better.
    Says the guy who writes lovesick posts about Creed, always putting the very name in capital letters.

    Back on topic, I enjoy more Creed fragrances, very few Bonds. But, those one or two Bonds are quite good.

  14. #44
    Dependent hobbes22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Francisco CA
    Posts
    1,411

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    Creeds can be great and Bonds can be great and they can live in this great world together...that's what I was trying to say.
    Yup, this is a great point.

  15. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    790

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    Quote Originally Posted by coney718 View Post
    I really want to check out Aventus. Heard alot of good things about it. I heard MI smells alot like SJ Unforgivable which I already have so I may not go that route. So Bond doesn't have any Citrus/ fruit type fragrances? I know New Haarlem is a gourmond but what about the rest?
    Aventus is awesome indeed. Everytime I wear it, I get young girls telling me how much I remind them of their grandfather.
    Its such a great feeling to be reminded of someones loved one. Aventus rocks!!

  16. #46
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    I can wholly recommend Creed Aventus. It was my first Creed, and it was what sparked my interest for fragrances overall.
    That means I'm biased as hell, do mind, so ... sample and buy at your own "risk".

    I tried out several Bond Nr 9 the other day. I really wanted to get into them after having picked up a good collection of Creeds.

    I tried out Chez Bond (a good GIT-knockoff, but I seem to prefer GIT), Coney Island (it made me physically sick, fascinating enough), Great Jonas (Jones?) and H.O.T. Either Great J or H.O.T was pleasant enough - the other one was not. Not sure which one though.

    Bottom line - New Haarlem is the only Bond No 9 I can really deal with, and I'll not get that until late fall. Creed-wise I'm almost ready to pull the trigger in Royal Water and Erolfa.

    I guess I feel Creed delivers what I want. Fantastic quality, but without the (probably) extreme wow-factor that spells out "extremely different".

  17. #47

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    +1 for creed. Specifically MI

  18. #48
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,147

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    I would definitely second trying Amouage if you want to spend money, they are unique and have great projection. Just today I sprayed my risk with Epic and even 12 hours into it and including a gym session, it is still pronounced. If you go Creed, I would recommend you sample Royal Oud, while not a big favorite in BN, I still feel it is very unique and far from designer fragrances (while MI and GIT are more safe and closer to designer type)

  19. #49

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    Bond no. 9...........

  20. #50
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    191

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    Both houses with 2-3 really good perfumes and what seems like 40+ other scents that seem to be put out with a "eh, why not" attitude.

    Explore other houses as well. SAMPLE FIRST!! Dedicate 30-40 bucks towards samples online and you'll have a much better grasp of what you like. Listen to others for suggestions on what to try, but trust your nose on what you want to buy.

  21. #51

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    Bond no. 9 customer service alone deserves 10 stars out of 10.

    Add that to the fact that they make great fragrances its a no brainer.

  22. #52

    Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

    I own both CREED fragrances and Bond fragrances, and I must say they are both great houses. It all depends on what you like personally. My take on fragrance is that it's an art form, and each artist has a particular style. Now that being said, comparing fragrances houses is like comparing apples and oranges. They're both fruit, but they are obviously different and that's what is great about them. If this was about comparing GIT to Chez Bond, it would be another story. I'd just smell everything. Don't limit yourself to Bond or CREED, but explore the entire world of niche fragrances for that fruity and citrus scent that you are looking for.

Similar Threads

  1. Creed vs Bond No.9
    By Picard in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 7th February 2012, 01:38 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12th September 2011, 11:15 AM
  3. Creed Or Bond No 9
    By DEEZ OH in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 13th May 2009, 10:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000