Code of Conduct

Default Possible fake terre d'hermes

Hi, i am new here. I recently received on order from cheapsmells.com and suspect i may have received a fake. The bottle looks to be OK apart from the metal shoulder is crooked.

Has anyone else experienced dodgy or fake bottles from cheap smells?

Also the initial smell is very strong alcohol. Do you think i should send back to cheap smells?

Please could others let me know if the metal part of their bottles is crooked and would this bother you if the bottle is legit? which i don't know it is! damn really bothering me should have ordered from hermes

Default Re: Possible fake terre d'hermes

Comparing it to mine, looks fine

Highly unlikley that you would be sent a fake from Cheapsmells. They are a very reputable company.

Smile Re: Possible fake terre d'hermes

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Highly unlikley that you would be sent a fake from Cheapsmells. They are a very reputable company.
    thats what i initially thought but been reading a few reviews that are suggesting they send fakes so it made me unsure, plus not really happy about the crooked top. I know its a little ocd but i consider fragrance bottles as works of art and want them to be perfect.

The smell does smell like the descriptions apart from an initial burst of quite strong alcohol but this does die down and i get a better smell. Just wanted some reassurance from base notes

Quote Originally Posted by rollzst View Post
    thats what i initially thought but been reading a few reviews that are suggesting they send fakes so it made me unsure, plus not really happy about the crooked top. I know its a little ocd but i consider fragrance bottles as works of art and want them to be perfect.

The smell does smell like the descriptions apart from an initial burst of quite strong alcohol but this does die down and i get a better smell. Just wanted some reassurance from base notes
    If you have any doubts, just try calling them stating your concerns. I'm pretty sure they'd accept a return no problem.

Where did you read the reviews out of interest? I've only ever heard/experienced good things with them.

If you have any doubts, just try calling them stating your concerns. I'm pretty sure they'd accept a return no problem.

Where did you read the reviews out of interest? I've only ever heard/experienced good things with them.
    yes i may do that, was just checking what people thought first.

i can't remember the name of the website, i just typed cheap smells fake into google and came across a forum discussing mascara and the women on there thought they had been sent some fakes from them.

Agree.

look legit

looks real

ok thanks for the replies, seems must be legit then. Would it bother you guys to have a dodgy bottle like i have? would you send back just for this reason?

If the juice smelled right I wouldn't be too bothered about an imperfect bottle personally. I agree it looks legit and I hve ordered lots from Cheapsmells and no fakes. HOWEVER, if you are dissatisfied, email them and ask for a refund: you have a valid reason IMO. After all you will have to live with that crooked bottle every day.

if by dodgy you mean the metal on top slides sideways a bit, well thats normal..it does on my bottles too

Quote Originally Posted by fazilicious View Post
    if by dodgy you mean the metal on top slides sideways a bit, well thats normal..it does on my bottles too
    yes thats what i mean. it doesn't slide sideways, it is perminately sideways, i can't move it back its stuck in the sideways position.

I'm only bothered about this as i collect fragrance bottles so keep them even when they run out and would rather the metal bit is straight.

I would also like to ask does anyone else get a strong blast of alcohol when spraying on? this does die down almost straight away though...

how does it smell? Does it smell watered down or sour?

no it definitely does not smell watered down, yes a little sour and also bitter.

edt is a little sour..for sweeter version go for edp version

sour means it possibly has gone bad or is fake.

i think it must be the real deal judging by these comments, so i will prob keep its only a small bottle not worth messing around for

mihailo

I examined my bottle and I have come to the conclusion the metal part is fixed. There's no way one could turn it, twist it or detach it from the bottle, so... ...I would test the smell again, compare it and then reach the verdict.

In my humble opinion, Hermes would never allow a less-than-perfect bottle to be on the market.

I no longer buy designer fragrances online. I have had several bad experiences and it is just not worth the risk of ending up with a fake product.
    Last edited by mihailo; 31st July 2012 at 10:54 PM. Reason: spell check