Rose Absolue

Happy birthday, tigrushka

Default Re: SotD: Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Good Morning,

Happy Birthday, Tigrushka!

Today I'm wearing Oxford & Cambridge.

Have a lovely Tuesday, all.

I forgot to post my musical mood -- Chopin Etude #3 in E major today.

H., thanks for sharing my love to Tangerine.

Happiest anniversary to Fleurine in Paris! Don't buy up everything and leave something for me in April!
    I hope G., you enjoyed yourself well at the opera last night! You sure smelled breathtaking. I bet people were eyeing you with an expression of awe. It is such a grand perfume and a sure compliment-getter.
    Well, don't ask me what bit me, but I unearthed some Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier samples that were over two years old and guess what, I fell hard for one *roll eyes*. The best part (really makes me laugh) - it is the uber masculine one of the lot...
    So, I have on my arms:
    Secret Melange - the orange, cinnamon thing going on could turn my stomach. It is a good fragrance, but totally weird.
    Or des Indes - why do the reviews here have such a hard time with this? It's L'Heure Bleue whispering all through its structure. Now that Guerlain ruined L'Heure Bleue (at least in extrait concentration) alternatives like this and Bois de Copaiba should not be dismissed. Or des Indes is very nice, understated and maybe easier to pull off for frightened guys.
    Bois de Turquie - I remembered I liked this a lot. It is soft, alluring and lovely balanced. A bit too shy (sillage) after an hour, which is probably why I did not buy it.
    Rose Opulente - a straight-forward green rose. Well, that's not enough for me.
    And... drum roll... Eau des Iles. Want some coffee beans? Yes, always! Myrrh? Yep, sure! Ylang-ylang? Always! Herbs - tarragon? Love since Sous le Vent! Read the reviews here and I see 'my' familiar reviewers here all praising it. I should be able to get this when I next go for a stroll in Vienna. A must-have!
    What is it that makes me lemming such dry scents at the moment? Age? I am growing bitter and adstringent... well, at least it is in tune with my humor...
    Enjoy your day!

Hello everyone. Happy Birthday Tigrushka! Hope you have a lovely day. And belated congrats to Fleurine and 30R on your respective marriage and posting milestones.

Wearing Cuir Mauresque. It's devilkitten's 16th birthday today, so I thought I'd go with something from his birth year of 1996. Can't quite believe how quickly the last 16 years have gone. Not really a kitten anymore (although he always will be as far as I'm concerned)!

Happy Birthday, TIgrushka!

SotD: Mûre et Musc.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Good afternoon.

Wearing Lumeire Noire pour homme.

Happy birthday Tigurshka.

larimar, I love Eau des Iles. Its otherworldly really.
    devilcat, horomones must be raging LOL

Heres an uplifting picture of our garden. My dear mother did a wonderful job this year.

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, Tigrushka!

It also happens to be my 30th wedding anniversary today, so I am celebrating in vintage Shalimar extrait.

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Terri, have a terrific anni.

What's up, JR?

Blog Entries

((devilcat)) thanks!

Happy Birthday Tigrushka!

Happy 30th Anniversary tdem! A very respectable milestone!

I'm in Sweet Milk today.

Prada Infusion d'Homme

My girlfriend told me in the morning just after leave the house that im smelling good, but very feminine
    I cant be happier

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    JR, what's the deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    What's up, JR?
    Sorry mon amie, you've completely lost me

Happy Birthday Tigrushka (and devilkitten of course )

Happy Anniversary to Mr and Mrs tdem.

SotD is Ulrich Lang Anvers 2.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 13th March 2012 at 06:15 PM.

Happy Birthday Tigrushka!
    Happy Anniversary tdem1961!
    Celebrating the milestones with vintage Mitsouko edt layered with the edc version, thanks to a darling basenoter xoxo
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Happy diamond anniversary teem.
    Wife and I recently celebrated our wood anniversary.

for swap/sale:

Just to make everyone jealous, I am wearing Victoire Gobin-Daudé's Biche dans l'Absinthe.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Happiest anniversary to Fleurine in Paris! Don't buy up everything and leave something for me in April!
    I hope G., you enjoyed yourself well at the opera last night! You sure smelled breathtaking. I bet people were eyeing you with an expression of awe. It is such a grand perfume and a sure compliment-getter.
    Well, don't ask me what bit me, but I unearthed some Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier samples that were over two years old and guess what, I fell hard for one *roll eyes*. The best part (really makes me laugh) - it is the uber masculine one of the lot...
    So, I have on my arms:
    Secret Melange - the orange, cinnamon thing going on could turn my stomach. It is a good fragrance, but totally weird.
    Or des Indes - why do the reviews here have such a hard time with this? It's L'Heure Bleue whispering all through its structure. Now that Guerlain ruined L'Heure Bleue (at least in extrait concentration) alternatives like this and Bois de Copaiba should not be dismissed. Or des Indes is very nice, understated and maybe easier to pull off for frightened guys.
    Bois de Turquie - I remembered I liked this a lot. It is soft, alluring and lovely balanced. A bit too shy (sillage) after an hour, which is probably why I did not buy it.
    And... drum roll... Eau des Iles. Want some coffee beans? Yes, always! Myrrh? Yep, sure! Ylang-ylang? Always! Herbs - tarragon? Love since Sous le Vent! Read the reviews here and I see 'my' familiar reviewers here all praising it. I should be able to get this when I next go for a stroll in Vienna. A must-have!
    What is it that makes me lemming such dry scents at the moment? Age? I am growing bitter and adstringent... well, at least it is in tune with my humor...
    Enjoy your day!
    I will now! And I will come back later when I have more time to have another look at this great synopsis!

Happy and Congrats to all our celebrants and to 30 Roses.

Tubereuse Criminelle today, on a whim.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    So, I have on my arms:
    Enjoy your day!
    i have both bois de turquie (sophisticated, elegant, wears very close to the skin) and eau des iles (my favourite of them two), cannot recommend them enough; yes, very masculine but hey, so what, whatever tickles your fancy. pissed off that i have to return bois de turquie (got a very good deal on it via ebay) as the spray atomizer is defective and barely sprays anything, i'd finish the bottle in about 100yrs in this way, i spent 10min last time desperately trying to get something out of it. oh well..

ps i love the dryness (in humour and perfumes)

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    Just to make everyone jealous, I am wearing Victoire Gobin-Daudé's Biche dans l'Absinthe.
    wow, that's a mouthfull!!.. can i dare ask for details? never heard of it.. is it one of those niche within niche within niche and uber expensive??..
    Last edited by danny1967; 13th March 2012 at 12:34 PM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Chaps (original) this morning.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Oh wow, so good to see a very familiar name from old threads I have come accross in my searches ever since. Good to see you back. With regard to jealousy... nope, not my cup. Tested it very recently. :-P

Thanks danny for your comment. Maybe you are to fault that I revisited my samples. I did pick up on your Bois de Turquie fondness. Too bad about the sprayer! Masculine is funny to me, because my taste is more into great 'feminine classics'...

Wonderful garden, hedonist. I'd love to beam me over with a basket full of fumes to spritz ourselves merrily. Maybe you could offer some Blue Mountains espresso?

Happy anniversary, tdem! Let the champagne flow!

SotA is a spritz of my just arrived Mitsouko PdT tester. Wow! Fresh like it couldn't be more and very much along the lines of the current extrait. Surprisingly! However, it is deeper and takes the sometimes icky fruity pitch out of the extrait if layered, I assume. That was my plan and I'm proud of my blind buy!

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    wow, that's a mouthfull!!.. can i dare ask for details? never heard of it.. is it one of those niche within nich with niche and uber expensive??..
    Haha, Victoire's fragrances reached cult status in 2003/2004. The bad news is that Victoire failed to get backers for her line and the company folded a few years ago.
    The whole line was amazing Danny, but Biche was my favourite.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Haha, Victoire's fragrances reached cult status in 2003/2004. The bad news is that Victoire failed to get backers for her line and the company folded a few years ago.
    The whole line was amazing Danny, but Biche was my favourite.
    damn.. another one to obsess over.. indulge me and give me the notes and your impression.. just for fun.

Hello everyone -

I'm going for a long run in Liz Sport, an inexpensive little gem with the lush green freshness of ivy, and surprising longevity ...it smells perfect this morning.

Wolfie - soft, fresh greens just seem to be doing it for me these days ...they go well with sweat!

Happy 30th Anniversary to tdem - wow! Here's to the next 30 lovely years!

Happy Birthday tigrushka - I hope you're having a special day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Prince Barry !!!.

It has seemed an awful long time. Welcome back

Ooh, many thanks for birthday wishes!

Celebrated it with seeing Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, and my scent today is the very lovely Heure Exquise.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Thumbs up Re: SotD: Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Happy birthday Tigrushka

Tdem, Happy 30th Wedding Anniversary

From a 10 ml miniature bottle.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

White lilac and rhubarb.

I own that Gobin Daude.
    DONNA

Sur la Plage

Paloma Picasso Minotaure
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Thank you Larimar

damn.. another one to obsess over.. indulge me and give me the notes and your impression.. just for fun.
    It's listed in the frag directory Danny. Ayala does a very good review and a list of the notes.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Prince Barry !!!.

It has seemed an awful long time. Welcome back
    About 2 years Jon. Thanks for welcoming me back

Roja Dove

Thank you Larimar

It's listed in the frag directory Danny. Ayala does a very good review and a list of the notes.

About 2 years Jon. Thanks for welcoming me back
    thanks, will have a look (lazy me, not even bothering looking!!)...
    also, looks like I HAVE TO jump on the bandwagon and welcome you back as well!! everybody's been missing you...

Today I'm treated to a ridiculous amount of Jicky EDT

Happy Birthday to Tigrushka (possibly the most passionate Comme Des Garcons supporter ever)!!

Happy 30th Anniversary tdem!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Institution

Happy Birthday Tigrushka and a happy anniversary tdem1961!

Have a lovely day both of you.

I'm wearing Mona di Orio's Tubereuse this morning .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

thanks, will have a look (lazy me, not even bothering looking!!)...
    also, looks like I HAVE TO jump on the bandwagon and welcome you back as well!! everybody's been missing you...
    Thanks Danny for the welcome back too Hope u enjoyed reading about Biche. Ive been hitting the gym more than ive been wearing fragrance lol

Roja Dove

Basenotes Institution

trebor
    - congratulations on 4000 posts !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Thanks Danny for the welcome back too Hope u enjoyed reading about Biche. Ive been hitting the gym more than ive been wearing fragrance lol
    lol, well, whatever works for you. me, i prefer wearing the fragrances but then again, i cycle 23 miles a day (home-work & work-home) so don't feel guilty. btw, i checked it out, omg, it's so super niche! found one on the US ebay, is this how much it sells for these days?? in that case i'm well priced out:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gobin-Daud...item3373092646

also, she's selling caron en avion 'vintage pre-reformulation' (looks like she knows her stuff, probably one of us), if anyone's interested, for my american mates (or should i say pals). i saw somewhere on the sotd thread that someone is wearing it quite often (can't remember who).

Wow, so much going on today! You have a beautiful garden, hedonist. I think I would like your mother very much!

Congratulations to the tdems! Happy anniversary!

And 30R, great job on 7000 posts. You know I want to read at least that many more from you!

SotD is Penhaligon's Victorian Posy. Discovered this during the Penhaligon's sample pass a little over a year ago (already?), one of my favorite sampling groups I've joined. Then, of course, found out it was discontinued. Had to grab it fast, so glad I did. I feel very spring-y and like a proper Brit!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Three Cheers for the "Three T's" -- Happy Birthday to you, tigrushka! Happy Anniversary to you, tdem1961! Congratulations to you, trebor!

I'm in Heure Exquise today. Take care, all.

Basenotes Institution

Wow, lot's happening here today:
    Prince Barry - a big, hearty WELCOME BACK. Nice to hear you've been hitting the gym - I find that fitness and Basenotes are two of my favorite passions also.
    Happy 30th Anniversary tdem1961! In 1982 I was 12 years old.
    Hedonist - LOVE the picture of the garden, your mother has real talent.
    Larimar - Congrat's on finding another scent to obsess over - I don't think I've ever smelled EdI, but just reading the reviews it does not seem like something that I would like. The coffee note in Santal Noble rubs my nose the wrong way for some reason.
    Tigrushka - HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I will wear some CdG scents, in your honor, this evening. Hope you and your hubby are doing something fabulous to celebrate your special day.

My SOTD this morning is:

Midnight Oud by Julette Has A Gun

Every time I wear this I like it more and more. It is a fruity, easier-to-wear Black Aoud. Sort of a precursor to Portrait of A Lady by Malle. And it's downright tenacious, like I have come to expect from those rose/oud/saffron fragrances, but in a gentle, pleasing, non-abrasive way. Definitely my favorite JHAG scent, whereas most of them come across as pompous and a bit overpriced and derivative.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Good afternoon.

Wearing Lumeire Noire pour homme.

Happy birthday Tigurshka.

larimar, I love Eau des Iles. Its otherworldly really.
    devilcat, horomones must be raging LOL

Heres an uplifting picture of our garden. My dear mother did a wonderful job this year.

brill, love the garden!! i have quite the green fingers myself, but damn, that's a masterpiece. anyone for the chelsea flower show?

Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau (testing that over the weekend)
    Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial
    Coromandel by Chanel
    Cologne Blanche - last night
    Black Aoud by Montale today

Basenotes Plus

These milestones are coming thick and fast at the moment.

Congratulations teardrop

Also wishing Terry and hubby a Happy 30th!!! I'm happy and green in Calandre today.

Basenotes Member

ooooo lovely.

Lovely anniversaries
    Lovely birthdays
    Lovely welcome back to missing in action pal
    Lovely garden
    Lovely lots of posts milestones

Best wishes to all of you celebrating!!

so guess what ...feeling rather lovely in Heeley: Ophelia.

OOooofeelya Luverly.

WEaring Carolina Herrera today.

Hey y'all - I'm in Eau de Charlotte now.

It's good to see you posting here tigrushka, even if it's just this special occasion. More and more ladies seem to be jumping ship, and I'm glad you haven't joined them!

Haunani - YUM! I've had lavender cake, and ice cream ...and lavender martinis, too! So delicious and different. Now you've gone and made me hungry!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Thanks everyone.
    My mother's palms are truly blessed. Food and foliage touched by her palms are unrivaled.

Coincidentally here is this season's prized flower and said palm:

for swap/sale:

Thank you everybody for the welcome back messages. Even though the pic of the Count has been my trademark pic for years, im considering replacing him with a hench pic of myself lol.

@ Danny, I never realised they were selling for so much. My bottle is my original one from 2003. I still have a copy of the email that Christophe and Victoire sent me when I ordered it.

Roja Dove

Lacoste Essential

Basenotes Plus

SotE - VC&A Cologne Noire.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 13th March 2012 at 06:59 PM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quick drive-by post: 24 Faubourg today.

Hedonist, my only tan lines are from my sunglasses.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

SotE is a full wearing of Eau des Iles (Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier).

Bois des Iles for me today.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

More spring time in Azuree.

My office mate for the day came in took a deep sniff and said "have you just sprayed something? It smells rather good in here".
    A man too!

I hadn't sprayed for over 3 hours

Good Evening,

Big Congrats to the tdem1961s Woo-hoo !!! What a scent to celebrate with.
    Congrats too to Larimar on his newly acquired Mitsouko PdT (I know it was much anticipated).
    Happy Birthday to Devilcat Jr..

Fumerie Turque for me tonight.
    A cup of tea, cinnamon bun and an early night I think are in order.

Take care, everybody.