Code of Conduct

Default FragranceNet & UK orders

Hi all,

I've just been looking at Fragrance Net for UK orders. It looks like they ship from the UK for UK customers, which means there is no risk of getting a huge tax bill along with your order.

What are UK readers' experiences when using this retailer? Any codes for UK Basenoters that are worth knowing?

Cheers in advance for any help.

Default Re: FragranceNet & UK orders

i've ordered from them, they're based in the US and do ship to the UK but as you said, it will cost you the shipping charges, they can show you the prices in UK pounds which might make you think they're based in the UK. regarding codes see link for coupons below, they routinely have 15% or 20%v sale on their website. your alternative is to open a US based address with http://www.myus.com/en/landing/?aid=1000721, this will save you quite a bit on shipping charges and taxes.

http://www.fragrancenet.com/f/net/di...n=productlinks

Question Re: FragranceNet & UK orders

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    i've ordered from them, they're based in the US and do ship to the UK but as you said, it will cost you the shipping charges, they can show you the prices in UK pounds which might make you think they're based in the UK. regarding codes see link for coupons below, they routinely have 15% or 20%v sale on their website. your alternative is to open a US based address with http://www.myus.com/en/landing/?aid=1000721, this will save you quite a bit on shipping charges and taxes.

http://www.fragrancenet.com/f/net/di...n=productlinks
    I don't get it

When you create the us based address with the myus, they charge you a fee for using their service, and then you have to pay for shipping from the new us based fictive address to the uk - and you still have to pay tax - what's the deal ?

I just tried typing in the details for my order at www.beautyencounter.com

BE charges $156 for the shipping to me.
    Myus charges $179 for the same shipping.

WHAT'S THE DEAL HERE ?
    Last edited by CHSeifert; 13th March 2012 at 03:23 PM.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    I don't get it

When you create the us based address with the myus, they charge you a fee for using their service, and then you have to pay for shipping from the new us based fictive address to the uk - and you still have to pay tax - what's the deal ?

I just tried typing in the details for my order at www.beautyencounter.com

BE charges $156 for the shipping to me.
    Myus charges $179 for the same shipping.

WHAT'S THE DEAL HERE ?
    i've never used the myus website, it was just a suggestion to check it out, don't know how much they charge for tax, etc. the only other alternative (short of buying from them directly and pay the shipping charges to europe) is if you know anyone in the US that would be kind enought to let you use their address and then ship them directly to you. as fragrancenet is taking paypal, it's very easy to add a new address to your paypal address book and ship them to a US address. i am actually quite shocked that myus would charge that much for shipping, they advertise so much that the shipping charges are extremely low. i guess it's not worth it in that case.

Regardless of shipping charges, if Fragrance Net do ship from the UK, this is quite a smack in the face for someone like, say FragranceX, who always run the risk of getting a tax slapped on top of an order because they dispatch from the US, especially for more expensive orders.

They are great for price (especially with the basenotes discount) It takes around 10 days for delivery but they don't seem to take much care in packing - I've had broken bottles in the past

Great. I wonder what condition my bottle will arrive in. Thinking of picking an MI for the summer but also concerned as to what batch I end up with.

Oops, with all the downtime around here, I am not sure if I replied to this thread?!?!?!

I got my MI on the 13th April. A 2011 batch and it smells very fruity - I've not sprayed from the bottle yet but taking the cap off and giving it a sniff is enough to tell that there is a lot of melon in this one. The weather has been pretty poor here in England, so when things improve, I'll be keen to start giving this a full wearing.

Overall quite satisfied with FragranceNet and no reason to moan

Did they ship from the US?

You know since Fx stopped offering free Int shipping I've managed to get the vast majority of my perfume from Debenhams. I bought up my fav...Bal a Versailles from the US for under 18 and have accumulated 18 bottles or so which sho last me a life time.

But you have to be savvy...this strategy involves the purchase of Vol De Nuit for peanuts.

Register for Debenhams beauty club card:

http://www.debenhams.com/

https://portal.prepaytec.com/chopinw...9111525&loc=en

Then you gain points by using other stuff you really need taking advantage of extra points that always on offer. Latest example Clarins...1000 points if you spend 40.

I recently purchased some Coco Chanel body lotion for 6.

But you need to get a Debs credit card. That's the drawback. But I pay it off every month before attracting interest. I also ask for freebies. For instance I haven't bought mascara for years...

Double post
    Last edited by ChainReaction; 4th June 2012 at 03:21 PM.