Code of Conduct

Thread: al rehab silver

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default al rehab silver

i heard good things about the opening and topnotes.

but how is the projection and longetivity?

and does it still smell good after 2 hours?

Default Re: al rehab silver

...Al Rehab...wasn't that Amy Winehouse's favourite...?

The projection and longevity of pretty much all al-Rehab's fragrances is very good. I don't care for most of their actual fragrances, however

The concentrated parfum oil smells almost exactly like Silver Mountain Water, maybe more lemony. I never tried the EDP, but i heard that it is even more close.

Oil have average longevity and sillage, but costs 0,50usd per ml, for a pure parfum oil...
    EDP costs about 1usd per 5ml, really really cheap.

Great cheap fragrance that smells like SMW by Creed

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    ...Al Rehab...wasn't that Amy Winehouse's favourite...?
    /facepalm

I just bought a bottle on eBay. I am have excite.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Al-Rehabs are fun to dip into and explore because they're so cheap. The only one I've officially added to my wardrobe is Choco Musk, as it smells absolutely great and lasts forever (24 hours easily). With the others, I usually get bored of them pretty quickly.

This choco musk sounds interesting.
    Time to revamp that great thread about al rehab

Can anybody here give us a head to head match up of the roll on and the spray?

Roll on vs spray:
    Longevity-
    Projection-
    Sillage-

And which one smells closer to SMW?

Thanks.
    LOWBROW TO THE CORE

Quote Originally Posted by Bulakenyo View Post
    Can anybody here give us a head to head match up of the roll on and the spray?

Roll on vs spray:
    Longevity-
    Projection-
    Sillage-

And which one smells closer to SMW?

Thanks.
    The EDPs (sprays) are often pretty decent in all these departments but I found the the perfume oils (roll-ons) superior in every way (especially hours later).

I've yet to find any significant discrepancy in smell between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    The EDPs (sprays) are often pretty decent in all these departments but I found the the perfume oils (roll-ons) superior in every way (especially hours later).

I've yet to find any significant discrepancy in smell between the two.
    Thanks.

How much of the oil do you use, and what areas of your body do you apply it?

What's the longevity like with the oil?

I read somewhere that the AR silver oil doesn't project as well as the spray, and becomes a skin scent after around 4 hours, but stays on for a pretty long time on the skin.
    LOWBROW TO THE CORE

Quote Originally Posted by Bulakenyo View Post
    Thanks.

How much of the oil do you use, and what areas of your body do you apply it?

What's the longevity like with the oil?

I read somewhere that the AR silver oil doesn't project as well as the spray, and becomes a skin scent after around 4 hours, but stays on for a pretty long time on the skin.
    You can use as much of the oil as you like - it's really up to you. The most I've used for one application was about one-third of a small bottle (i.e. 1ml). Most of the time, I use a few drops (I always remove the rollerball because I hate that method of application). Either method is just as effective.

The longevity of the each oil varies but most can last at least 24 hours and even more on clothes. I've personally experienced a particular oil lingering on my coat or jacket for a good four days.

As for EDP vs oil, yes, the diffusion of the EDP is more noticeable for the first few hours but it's all downhill from there. With the oil, projection may be a little less but it's also more consistent over a longer period of time.

The best way to decide for yourself would be to obtain or sample both versions. As they're really cheap, they won't burn a hole in your pocket.

Blog Entries

AL-REHAB - Silver

The 6 ML roll-on is satisfactory in that it is a crisp and fresh aroma. If you want a brisk cologne for daytime wear, this is good for a regular cologne, nothing special. I cannot compare it with CREED Silver Mountain Water, because I did not test that. For the price of the roll-on, a good deal for Silver. The scent could be compared with fresh snow, if snow had a smell.

For me, it is only a collector's item, for reference. The good quality Arabic oil blends are found rather in the House of AL HARAMAIN which issues Attar Al Kaaba, Marwah and Haneen; each of those is a masterpiece.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

Quote Originally Posted by Merely View Post
    The projection and longevity of pretty much all al-Rehab's fragrances is very good. I don't care for most of their actual fragrances, however
    Likewise.

I bought a bunch of al-rehabs from suqmart on ebay (they also have their own website). Most were "meh", a couple were disgusting to my nose (mostly the ouds), BUT two that came out as clear winners: Khaliji and Silver. Khaliji is a beautiful floral, and Silver is, well, apparently very similar to SMW. Both are fantastic in their own right, and sillage is probably par for the course, and longevity is 4-8 hours, depending on environment and activity. For $10 shipped, you really can't go wrong. I also have a roll-on of Aseel, and I need to do some more research- very rarely has a scent confused my nose so much. I can't tell if I like it or not because I find my brain unable to properly form a construct to place it in any particular category. A weird one, for sure, but I would definitely recommend Khaliji and Silver.

EDIT: Just read some reviews on the Aseel, and apparently it's very oud-heavy, which I find strange, as their other oud frags smell dirty and fecal. The Aseel doesn't have this characteristic, and to me, almost smells soapy or detergent-like once it drys down. Once the Opium Eau D'Orient I'm wearing and the Third Man I just sprayed on the back of my hand dissipate, I'm going to have to revisit this one.

Only know Aseel. One spray, outdoors, cycling, on a windy day, it knocked squirrels right off their trees. Somehow reluctant to try Silver lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Only know Aseel. One spray, outdoors, cycling, on a windy day, it knocked squirrels right off their trees. Somehow reluctant to try Silver lol
    TOTALLY different. I'm still not sure if I like Aseel, but I can tell you that Silver smells like it costs 5x-10x as much. Very pleasant, good sillage and longevity. One lady I work with will stop by my desk each morning to give a wrist sniff to see what the SoTD is, and gives honest feedback. This one passed, and the gf not only likes it, but wears it herself from time to time. The only complaint (if you can call it one) is that it is very linear- it smells exactly the same from beginning to end, just more faintly as time wears on, but when a fragrance smells nice, this isn't always a bad thing.

Thanks everyone.

I got both the spray and the roll on, now.

The roll on has a bit more muscle compared to the spray, but I use both.

1 spray on the chest, 1 on the back before I leave the house.
    And then re-apply with the roll on half a day later, on my wrists, inside of the elbows and neck.

I like it. Perfect for the 95+ degree summers we have now. And it'll only get hotter and hotter in the coming weeks.

Not a "sexy" cologne, though. You smell nice and fresh, but it won't stop a girl on her tracks when she passes you by.
    LOWBROW TO THE CORE

Cheap too.
    Last edited by Bulakenyo; 19th April 2012 at 03:21 PM.
    LOWBROW TO THE CORE

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I just bought a bottle on eBay. I am have excite.
    I just bought one as well, I can haz excite too?

What is this rollerball you folks speak of? How does that sort of thing work?

Banned
    Blog Entries

i often hear that it is VERY similar to Silver Mountain Water for 1/10th the price and it projects better.

I'll have to buy this one, to see if after all I don't need to spend $150+.

Basenotes Junkie

The roll-on bottle of Silver oil I ordered off of ebay just arrived today. I haven't sniffed SMW so I can't compare, but Silver smells way more expensive than what I paid for it. Unfortunately, the bottle cap came loose during shipping and half of the oil leaked out onto the box.

I also ordered a roll on. I am wondering how to apply it... Just roll a bit over the regular pulse point? I have never used oil before, so not sure what to expect terms of projection.. Any insights?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    i often hear that it is VERY similar to Silver Mountain Water for 1/10th the price and it projects better.

I'll have to buy this one, to see if after all I don't need to spend $150+.
    If I had to put a percent of how close it smells to SMW I'd say 95% similar. Silver has more citrus and does indeed project and last longer. Also, buy the spray. I have both and the spray smells better. The sprayer itself is very similar to the Creed sprayers which just rubs salt in the wound.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by chinamen_6 View Post
    I also ordered a roll on. I am wondering how to apply it... Just roll a bit over the regular pulse point?
    The roller can easily be removed.

Any recommendations for someone in the U.S about where to buy this one? It seems to be easily found in the U.K., but I've never seen it in the U.S.

Got mine from ebay, shipped form the UK, I think it was under $12.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Any recommendations for someone in the U.S about where to buy this one? It seems to be easily found in the U.K., but I've never seen it in the U.S.
    I used AlHannah.com recently for a small batch of Al Rehab sprays/oils and was happy with that transaction.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    If I had to put a percent of how close it smells to SMW I'd say 95% similar. Silver has more citrus and does indeed project and last longer. Also, buy the spray. I have both and the spray smells better. The sprayer itself is very similar to the Creed sprayers which just rubs salt in the wound.
    Couldn't have put it better than this. Great fragrance for the price.

I want to try this. Is this the right one guys?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silver-35m...item19cdd6e200

for some reason the Al Rehab Silver reminds me of CK ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    I want to try this. Is this the right one guys?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silver-35m...item19cdd6e200
    That's the one. It's definitely a great buy for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Owl View Post
    That's the one. It's definitely a great buy for the price.
    Thanks Buddy