Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

I finally found a girl that appreciates scents as much as I do, now I just need to figure out what to wear from my collection to blow her socks off. Last time she was at my apt, she was somewhat floored by my cologne collection and started going through them with me to figure out what I should wear for her on our next date.

I was wearing Pure Malt at the time and she said I smelled good, but it didn't really do much for her. Platinum Egoiste was the first bottle I handed her because she asked me what I would wear to a wedding and it literally made her speechless, she couldn't believe how good it smelled. Even when I handed her other fragrances, she still kept asking to smell Platinum Egoiste one more time. She said she loves a "man smell" for whatever it's worth, hopefully you guys can help me figure out what to wear tonight as I really want to blow her away. Here are her impressions on what I briefly showed her:

Pure Malt: Wore it on our first date, she didn't mind it, but didn't love it either
    Platinum Egoiste: She loved it and said had I been wearing it that night, she would not have been able to keep her hands off me
    Versace Dreamer: Surprisingly she did not like this one even though it's my most complimented
    Gucci Nobile: Thought it was okay, too woody for her
    Fahrenheit: Another one that was just okay, similar reaction to Pure Malt

I've narrowed down my selections to D&G PH, YSL La Nuit, Herrera for Men and John Varvatos Original but feel free to suggest something else from my wardrobe. Also obviously why am I not wearing Platinum Egoiste? We're just watching a movie at my apt tonight, would like to save this one for when we go out to dinner or some other more important occasion since I already know she loves it

Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

wear the PE. If you make it through the movie, consider it a failure.

You answered your own question, PE it is.

Don't be so easy.

Make it Old Spice.

PE!

Basenotes Plus

PE is a true winner for the occasions you're looking for. If you really want a 2nd option, i'd go with La Nuit de l'homme. Just remember to go very light on the trigger since she will be very close to you.
    Current top 5:
    1. MDCI Chypre Palatin
    2. Guerlain Arsene Lupin (Dandy)

3. Roja Dove Enigma Parfum Pour Homme
    4. Roja Dove Vetiver Extrait
    5. Puredistance Black

Dependent

PE or YSL La Nuit would be my choice Enjoy the night!
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

The chemistry here doesn't seem to depend on the perfume, but I agree that you should try PE and see whether she will indeed put her hands on you, or if she was just looking for an excuse.

"Man smell" is probably more like Kouros (which you don't own), but you probably want to have her check it first - I doubt it is what she really means.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    You answered your own question, PE it is.
    +1 This
    Currently wearing: Balafre by Lancôme

PE, of course.

PE is out for tonight given the simple fact of how much she already told me she likes it. I'd like ideally to show off my knowledge in that she told me some things that she does and doesn't like and from that info I was able to pick something she likes as much (if not more) than PE from my collection. Attracting her is of secondary concern, as that is pretty much a done deal as she texted me this morning "I hope you got some sleep last night as you'll be up alllllllll night tonight" so I don't think she's coming over for a marathon pillow fight (although I wouldn't be opposed to that haha)

Looks like La Nuit is the early favorite although my instinct was to go with Herrera for Men given its rich tobacco notes. More input would be appreciated

Allure Homme Sport or Herrera for men

Banned

Platinum Egoiste. Get sum! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sebadov View Post
    Allure Homme Sport or Herrera for men
    I got the sense that AHS would be too sporty/casual for her. I think she'd want something more quintessentially masculine

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney_Falco View Post
    PE is out for tonight given the simple fact of how much she already told me she likes it. I'd like ideally to show off my knowledge in that she told me some things that she does and doesn't like and from that info I was able to pick something she likes as much (if not more) than PE from my collection. Attracting her is of secondary concern, as that is pretty much a done deal as she texted me this morning "I hope you got some sleep last night as you'll be up alllllllll night tonight" so I don't think she's coming over for a marathon pillow fight (although I wouldn't be opposed to that haha)

Looks like La Nuit is the early favorite although my instinct was to go with Herrera for Men given its rich tobacco notes. More input would be appreciated

Why not choose another time to "show off your knowledge". You run the risk of making the wrong choice and falling flat.

She already has told you she wont be able to keep her hands off you if you are wearing PE. She also told you to expect to be up all night. Like your title said, it sounds like it will be an intimate night, you might as well wear something (you know she loves) that will keep her very close to you

PE ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    The chemistry here doesn't seem to depend on the perfume, but I agree that you should try PE and see whether she will indeed put her hands on you, or if she was just looking for an excuse.

"Man smell" is probably more like Kouros (which you don't own), but you probably want to have her check it first - I doubt it is what she really means.

cacio
    i have tried and tried to like this scent based on the incredible ratings it gets on here but i just cant get myself to wear it.

You have Aventus, wear Aventus.

Or Dior Homme Intense

Sur la Plage

Terre d'Hermes
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

From your wardrobe I would say:

YSL L'Homme
    If you had D&G The One I would say that one.
    I would say GIT but an ex may have worn Cool Water and she may not know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    Why not choose another time to "show off your knowledge". You run the risk of making the wrong choice and falling flat.

She already has told you she wont be able to keep her hands off you if you are wearing PE. She also told you to expect to be up all night. Like your title said, it sounds like it will be an intimate night, you might as well wear something (you know she loves) that will keep her very close to you

PE ftw.
    I don't think anything I would wear would "fall flat" but I do see your point of wearing something I know she likes to make the night as enjoyable as possible for her. Maybe I'll just text her and ask her if she'd rather me wear PE or surprise her with something else from my collection that I think she'll like. We've already discussed this this morning, so it wouldn't be weird to ask (In case anyone cares she's wearing Marc Jacobs for women which apparently will "turn me into putty")

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    You have Aventus, wear Aventus.

Or Dior Homme Intense
    I thought about DHI although I don't think she'll go for the gourmand notes. Aventus I've been told smells effeminate on me by others so I don't think it will be right for her

I got the sense that AHS would be too sporty/casual for her. I think she'd want something more quintessentially masculine
    Herrera for men, is very masculine (in my opinion)

And excellent wardrobe Sidney, by the way

I definitely think you should surprise her and NOT wear PE. Keep her guessing and keep her interested. Are you sure Aventus smells effeminate on your person? It tends to be a pretty masculine smell that I think she might enjoy. It could just be due to sampling error from your friends that you have the perception that Aventus smells feminine on you. If not for this, then I'd give another heads up to Terre d'Hermes.

I finally found a girl that appreciates scents as much as I do, now I just need to figure out what to wear from my collection to blow her socks off. Last time she was at my apt, she was somewhat floored by my cologne collection and started going through them with me to figure out what I should wear for her on our next date.

I was wearing Pure Malt at the time and she said I smelled good, but it didn't really do much for her. Platinum Egoiste was the first bottle I handed her because she asked me what I would wear to a wedding and it literally made her speechless, she couldn't believe how good it smelled. Even when I handed her other fragrances, she still kept asking to smell Platinum Egoiste one more time. She said she loves a "man smell" for whatever it's worth, hopefully you guys can help me figure out what to wear tonight as I really want to blow her away. Here are her impressions on what I briefly showed her:

Pure Malt: Wore it on our first date, she didn't mind it, but didn't love it either
    Platinum Egoiste: She loved it and said had I been wearing it that night, she would not have been able to keep her hands off me
    Versace Dreamer: Surprisingly she did not like this one even though it's my most complimented
    Gucci Nobile: Thought it was okay, too woody for her
    Fahrenheit: Another one that was just okay, similar reaction to Pure Malt

I've narrowed down my selections to D&G PH, YSL La Nuit, Herrera for Men and John Varvatos Original but feel free to suggest something else from my wardrobe. Also obviously why am I not wearing Platinum Egoiste? We're just watching a movie at my apt tonight, would like to save this one for when we go out to dinner or some other more important occasion since I already know she loves it
    I'd wear (THIS BASED ON THE FRAGS IN YOUR EXCELLENT WARDROBE):

YSL Body Kouros
    or
    Armani Code
    or
    Gucci Pour Homme I
    or
    Herrera for Men
    or
    Prada Amber Pour Homme
    or
    Terre D'Hermés
    or
    YSL Rive Gauche

Save the (AWESOME) Chanel Platinum for when you take her out to dinner next week
    Last edited by CHSeifert; 13th March 2012 at 07:20 PM.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

what are you guys thinking, 1 million for sure 5-7sprays.

Just kidding,Platinum Egoiste well be great lol :P

maybe DHI best suits this occasion.

Aventus is an absolute lady killer, but not for intimate occasions. DHI may be your best foot forward here.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    maybe DHI best suits this occasion.

Aventus is an absolute lady killer, but not for intimate occasions. DHI may be your best foot forward here.
    You think smelling of lipstick and makeup bag will do it for her
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Another for Platinum Egoiste

From your wardrobe, PE, La nuit, London, DHI, L'instant are all winners for date night. Good luck.

She likes a mans smell, wear Rive Gauche. Otherwise wear Terre d'Hermes.
    Currently wearing: Sartorial by Penhaligon's