Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 88
  1. #1
    Basenotes Junkie Sidney_Falco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    City of Angels/helL.A.
    Posts
    732

    Default What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    I finally found a girl that appreciates scents as much as I do, now I just need to figure out what to wear from my collection to blow her socks off. Last time she was at my apt, she was somewhat floored by my cologne collection and started going through them with me to figure out what I should wear for her on our next date.

    I was wearing Pure Malt at the time and she said I smelled good, but it didn't really do much for her. Platinum Egoiste was the first bottle I handed her because she asked me what I would wear to a wedding and it literally made her speechless, she couldn't believe how good it smelled. Even when I handed her other fragrances, she still kept asking to smell Platinum Egoiste one more time. She said she loves a "man smell" for whatever it's worth, hopefully you guys can help me figure out what to wear tonight as I really want to blow her away. Here are her impressions on what I briefly showed her:

    Pure Malt: Wore it on our first date, she didn't mind it, but didn't love it either
    Platinum Egoiste: She loved it and said had I been wearing it that night, she would not have been able to keep her hands off me
    Versace Dreamer: Surprisingly she did not like this one even though it's my most complimented
    Gucci Nobile: Thought it was okay, too woody for her
    Fahrenheit: Another one that was just okay, similar reaction to Pure Malt

    I've narrowed down my selections to D&G PH, YSL La Nuit, Herrera for Men and John Varvatos Original but feel free to suggest something else from my wardrobe. Also obviously why am I not wearing Platinum Egoiste? We're just watching a movie at my apt tonight, would like to save this one for when we go out to dinner or some other more important occasion since I already know she loves it

  2. #2

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    wear the PE. If you make it through the movie, consider it a failure.

  3. #3
    Duke Hunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Heartbreak Hotel
    Posts
    3,737

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    You answered your own question, PE it is.

  4. #4

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    Don't be so easy.

    Make it Old Spice.

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    346

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    PE!

  6. #6
    Basenotes Plus
    HackerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,901

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    PE is a true winner for the occasions you're looking for. If you really want a 2nd option, i'd go with La Nuit de l'homme. Just remember to go very light on the trigger since she will be very close to you.
    Current top 5:
    1. MDCI Chypre Palatin
    2. Guerlain Arsene Lupin (Dandy)

    3. Roja Dove Enigma Parfum Pour Homme
    4. Roja Dove Vetiver Extrait
    5. Puredistance Black


  7. #7
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,112

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    PE or YSL La Nuit would be my choice Enjoy the night!
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    11,602

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    The chemistry here doesn't seem to depend on the perfume, but I agree that you should try PE and see whether she will indeed put her hands on you, or if she was just looking for an excuse.

    "Man smell" is probably more like Kouros (which you don't own), but you probably want to have her check it first - I doubt it is what she really means.

    cacio

  9. #9

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    You answered your own question, PE it is.
    +1 This
    Currently wearing: Balafre by Lancôme

  10. #10
    Dependent Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,325

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    PE, of course.

  11. #11
    Basenotes Junkie Sidney_Falco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    City of Angels/helL.A.
    Posts
    732

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    PE is out for tonight given the simple fact of how much she already told me she likes it. I'd like ideally to show off my knowledge in that she told me some things that she does and doesn't like and from that info I was able to pick something she likes as much (if not more) than PE from my collection. Attracting her is of secondary concern, as that is pretty much a done deal as she texted me this morning "I hope you got some sleep last night as you'll be up alllllllll night tonight" so I don't think she's coming over for a marathon pillow fight (although I wouldn't be opposed to that haha)

    Looks like La Nuit is the early favorite although my instinct was to go with Herrera for Men given its rich tobacco notes. More input would be appreciated

  12. #12

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    Allure Homme Sport or Herrera for men

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    685

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    Platinum Egoiste. Get sum! lol

  14. #14
    Basenotes Junkie Sidney_Falco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    City of Angels/helL.A.
    Posts
    732

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebadov View Post
    Allure Homme Sport or Herrera for men
    I got the sense that AHS would be too sporty/casual for her. I think she'd want something more quintessentially masculine

  15. #15

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney_Falco View Post
    PE is out for tonight given the simple fact of how much she already told me she likes it. I'd like ideally to show off my knowledge in that she told me some things that she does and doesn't like and from that info I was able to pick something she likes as much (if not more) than PE from my collection. Attracting her is of secondary concern, as that is pretty much a done deal as she texted me this morning "I hope you got some sleep last night as you'll be up alllllllll night tonight" so I don't think she's coming over for a marathon pillow fight (although I wouldn't be opposed to that haha)

    Looks like La Nuit is the early favorite although my instinct was to go with Herrera for Men given its rich tobacco notes. More input would be appreciated

    Why not choose another time to "show off your knowledge". You run the risk of making the wrong choice and falling flat.

    She already has told you she wont be able to keep her hands off you if you are wearing PE. She also told you to expect to be up all night. Like your title said, it sounds like it will be an intimate night, you might as well wear something (you know she loves) that will keep her very close to you

    PE ftw.

  16. #16

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    The chemistry here doesn't seem to depend on the perfume, but I agree that you should try PE and see whether she will indeed put her hands on you, or if she was just looking for an excuse.

    "Man smell" is probably more like Kouros (which you don't own), but you probably want to have her check it first - I doubt it is what she really means.



    cacio
    i have tried and tried to like this scent based on the incredible ratings it gets on here but i just cant get myself to wear it.

  17. #17
    Dependent starshipvelcro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio somewhere
    Posts
    2,471

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    You have Aventus, wear Aventus.

    Or Dior Homme Intense

  18. #18
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,014

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    Terre d'Hermes
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  19. #19

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    From your wardrobe I would say:

    YSL L'Homme
    If you had D&G The One I would say that one.
    I would say GIT but an ex may have worn Cool Water and she may not know the difference.

  20. #20
    Basenotes Junkie Sidney_Falco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    City of Angels/helL.A.
    Posts
    732

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    Why not choose another time to "show off your knowledge". You run the risk of making the wrong choice and falling flat.

    She already has told you she wont be able to keep her hands off you if you are wearing PE. She also told you to expect to be up all night. Like your title said, it sounds like it will be an intimate night, you might as well wear something (you know she loves) that will keep her very close to you

    PE ftw.
    I don't think anything I would wear would "fall flat" but I do see your point of wearing something I know she likes to make the night as enjoyable as possible for her. Maybe I'll just text her and ask her if she'd rather me wear PE or surprise her with something else from my collection that I think she'll like. We've already discussed this this morning, so it wouldn't be weird to ask (In case anyone cares she's wearing Marc Jacobs for women which apparently will "turn me into putty")

    Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    You have Aventus, wear Aventus.

    Or Dior Homme Intense
    I thought about DHI although I don't think she'll go for the gourmand notes. Aventus I've been told smells effeminate on me by others so I don't think it will be right for her

  21. #21

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney_Falco View Post
    I got the sense that AHS would be too sporty/casual for her. I think she'd want something more quintessentially masculine
    Herrera for men, is very masculine (in my opinion)

  22. #22

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    And excellent wardrobe Sidney, by the way

  23. #23

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    I definitely think you should surprise her and NOT wear PE. Keep her guessing and keep her interested. Are you sure Aventus smells effeminate on your person? It tends to be a pretty masculine smell that I think she might enjoy. It could just be due to sampling error from your friends that you have the perception that Aventus smells feminine on you. If not for this, then I'd give another heads up to Terre d'Hermes.

  24. #24
    Dependent CHSeifert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    2,005

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney_Falco View Post
    I finally found a girl that appreciates scents as much as I do, now I just need to figure out what to wear from my collection to blow her socks off. Last time she was at my apt, she was somewhat floored by my cologne collection and started going through them with me to figure out what I should wear for her on our next date.

    I was wearing Pure Malt at the time and she said I smelled good, but it didn't really do much for her. Platinum Egoiste was the first bottle I handed her because she asked me what I would wear to a wedding and it literally made her speechless, she couldn't believe how good it smelled. Even when I handed her other fragrances, she still kept asking to smell Platinum Egoiste one more time. She said she loves a "man smell" for whatever it's worth, hopefully you guys can help me figure out what to wear tonight as I really want to blow her away. Here are her impressions on what I briefly showed her:

    Pure Malt: Wore it on our first date, she didn't mind it, but didn't love it either
    Platinum Egoiste: She loved it and said had I been wearing it that night, she would not have been able to keep her hands off me
    Versace Dreamer: Surprisingly she did not like this one even though it's my most complimented
    Gucci Nobile: Thought it was okay, too woody for her
    Fahrenheit: Another one that was just okay, similar reaction to Pure Malt

    I've narrowed down my selections to D&G PH, YSL La Nuit, Herrera for Men and John Varvatos Original but feel free to suggest something else from my wardrobe. Also obviously why am I not wearing Platinum Egoiste? We're just watching a movie at my apt tonight, would like to save this one for when we go out to dinner or some other more important occasion since I already know she loves it
    I'd wear (THIS BASED ON THE FRAGS IN YOUR EXCELLENT WARDROBE):

    YSL Body Kouros
    or
    Armani Code
    or
    Gucci Pour Homme I
    or
    Herrera for Men
    or
    Prada Amber Pour Homme
    or
    Terre D'Hermés
    or
    YSL Rive Gauche

    Save the (AWESOME) Chanel Platinum for when you take her out to dinner next week
    Last edited by CHSeifert; 13th March 2012 at 07:20 PM.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

  25. #25
    Dependent Oupavoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,366

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    what are you guys thinking, 1 million for sure 5-7sprays.


    Just kidding,Platinum Egoiste well be great lol :P

  26. #26

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    maybe DHI best suits this occasion.

    Aventus is an absolute lady killer, but not for intimate occasions. DHI may be your best foot forward here.

  27. #27
    Dependent CHSeifert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    2,005

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    maybe DHI best suits this occasion.

    Aventus is an absolute lady killer, but not for intimate occasions. DHI may be your best foot forward here.
    You think smelling of lipstick and makeup bag will do it for her
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

  28. #28
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    111,016

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    Another for Platinum Egoiste

  29. #29
    Basenotes Junkie DNT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    610

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    From your wardrobe, PE, La nuit, London, DHI, L'instant are all winners for date night. Good luck.

  30. #30
    Dependent TJMAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,675

    Default Re: What should I wear for my intimate date tonight?

    She likes a mans smell, wear Rive Gauche. Otherwise wear Terre d'Hermes.
    Currently wearing: Sartorial by Penhaligon's

Similar Threads

  1. Date tonight which one do you think is best?
    By persianprince in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 15th January 2011, 01:48 AM
  2. Date Tonight....
    By persianprince in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 25th December 2010, 02:38 AM
  3. Date night/intimate GPHII or Varvatos?
    By wragen22 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 30th November 2010, 05:56 AM
  4. got a date tonight, what should I wear?
    By checker in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 30th September 2010, 03:25 AM
  5. DATE TONIGHT! what would you wear?
    By chad278 in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 28th October 2007, 07:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000