Code of Conduct

Default Aromatics Elixir "Perfumer's Reserve"

You may be interested in reading today's post on the Vanity Far website regarding an update to Aromatics Elixir, by IFF perfumer Laurent le Guernec. It has been named A.E. "Perfumers Reserve" and the bottle design is quite attractive.

Default Re: Aromatics Elixir "Perfumer's Reserve"

Updates scare me! I love it now.... Thanks for sharing this information. Off to read and cross my fingers.

EDIT! Ah, just a celebration edition. Shew. I need to get a horded cache of vintage-ish Aromatics Elixir. Lately, I have fallen in love with it. I will get this limited edition, too. Thanks for the heads-up!

Link to the article: http://www.vanityfair.com/online/bea...omatics-elixir

There's a review also on katie puckrik's blog. "Modernizing" a masterpiece - with, what else, a fruity floral? (The review in KP's blog confirms that it is a muted, fruity version of AE). Still, AE is so distinctive that it can probably take some syrup.

But EL is to be commended for keeping AE alive in a decent state, unlike, hmm, Dior (as in "Miss")

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    There's a review also on katie puckrik's blog. "Modernizing" a masterpiece - with, what else, a fruity floral? (The review in KP's blog confirms that it is a muted, fruity version of AE). Still, AE is so distinctive that it can probably take some syrup.

But EL is to be commended for keeping AE alive in a decent state, unlike, hmm, Dior (as in "Miss")

cacio
    I will go read the divine Ms. KP and her take on this new AE. I read that peach note and thought, really? Is that the only thing we can do these days? Make every scent smell like a fruit stand? But then, I smacked myself. I like gourmands. And fruits. They just have to really go there (Angel) and be fearless. I do not like the timid fruits. But with AE, a bit of light fruit might not hurt for a limited edition. I have been meaning to try a bit of neroli oil in the almond oil base I like to spray AE into for a skin oil.

I think I have to have a sniif of this soon. Will report back!

Blog Entries

Thanks for this! Octavian also gave it a nice review: http://1000fragrances.blogspot.com/2...s-reserve.html