Code of Conduct

Default Will Pure Shot eventually be a pure malt, havane and coffee?

I went into the bay (department store in Canada) and they had 3 bottles of pure shot for sale. They even had a tester for it. I met a nice SA and we were discussing TM and there flankers. She said that this is a limited edition (even says on the box) and that she doesnt know if they are going to get in anymore bottles. But she said that it might become like the other flankers where they are sought after and people buy and sell them for outrageous prices. I tried it and enjoyed it, it was a different take on a spring/summer scent and although it didnt blow me away I enjoyed it. Now I'm wondering whether this will become like the other flankers, sought after in a few months/years and going for crazy prices, I'd like to collect the whole line and possibly have bait for fragrances later on. Will this be like the others or will it be cheap and accessible like b*men. Ive seen many different takes on this in anothre group and want to know what u guys think?

Default Re: Will Pure Shot eventually be a pure malt, havane and coffee?

From a collectors standpoint i think it will be worth something. As for actual smell, PH, PM and TOF are hard to beat.

I don't think Taste of Fragrance and Pure Shot have as much mass appeal as PH PM and PC. I could see them going down the road of B*men

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    I don't think Taste of Fragrance and Pure Shot have as much mass appeal as PH PM and PC. I could see them going down the road of B*men
    ....and Ice Men. (although I don't actually mind that)

Banned

I certainly don't have a crystal ball, but from a collectors point of view it is definetely part of the full set. As an individual piece I personally don't think it's in the same leaque with PH or PM but it might still go high in spite of that. As far as The Taste of Fragrance I'm in the process of acquiring that one and haven't tried it yet. I am yet to see a complete current set of the PURE's for sale anywhere. Time will tell on pricing.

It shouldn't. PM, PH, PC, and even A Taste of Fragrance all smell from very good to decent. Pure Shot is just garbage IMHO. I wouldn't wear this if it was GIVEN to me, no less pay an exorbitant price for it.

I'm likely going to buy it for collection purposes and I need a new spring/summer fragrance. I dont know whether I should get another bottle to sell later on, so I can make a profit for other fragrances. I'm really kicking myself right now as to what I should do, theres so many other fragrances i'd like to purchase and that extra $85 would be able to buy one of them. It's a risk that I dont know if its worth taking.

I think it will be exceedingly hard to find in a few months and that demand will inflate the price.

Most likely yes. Even though it isn't a favorite so far, there will still be numerous people willing to pay top dollar for it once it is in high demand

I can see TOF becoming one that is highly sought after. It keeps getting better and better with each wear. As Pure Shot is limited, I can see it going up in price once discontinued for mostly collector purposes.

Pure Coffee, Pure Malt, and Pure Havane were all popular and discontinued. Pure Shot so far has been huge disappointment. This leads me to believe that Pure Shot will remain a mainstay in the Thierry Mugler lineup. Remember everyone, whatever is the logical decision to make, Thierry Mugler will do the exact opposite.

It will never be considered a legend like Coffee, Malt, or Havane. TOF barely made the cut b/c of it's crap name, but the scent is good. I must admit, Pure Shot does look nice and stands out in the collection. B*Men...well, it's B*Men. Let's leave it at that.

"I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Not even in the same league as PC, PM and PH. Taste of fragrance wasn't as popular so I doubt this one will be as popular as the first 3 flankers. From a collectors stand point, it needs to smell good, not just look good.

Basenotes Junkie Vitamin B Complex's Avatar

Is this getting a UK release?

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin B Complex View Post
    I should see why not. You guys might have a different release date.

I own A*Men, Pure Coffee, Pure Malt, Pure Havane, Ice*Men, B*Men, and TOF. However, from reading the reviews of Pure Shot, I'm not that dying to try it. I'm especially annoyed how it's being sold for $85. I highly doubt it's worth it. For that price, I'd rather blind buy Dior Homme Intense.

Hopefully Pure Shot will suffer the same fate as B*Men and I'd be able to pick it up for 45 bucks. I'd just have to wait a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by luvinfragsguy View Post
    From a collectors stand point, it needs to smell good, not just look good.
    +1 ...

i doubt it but who knows.

The bottle is beautiful but the scent is crap. I think it'll be popular among the collectors who want to complete the Pure series. The scent itself won't be appealing to those who try it, its only hope to sell is blind hype which currently is non.
    Who want to buy a expensive scent that smell pretty much like Axe? Well, I do since I want to complete the series. However, if I need cash then this one will be the first to go

Collectability has more to do with supply and demand than quality. It will all depend on how rare Pure Shot will ultimately become. B*men (whether one considers it to be good or bad) is still widely available, making it less valuable to a collector. A true collector will want the unicorn of the group, regardless of its percieved quality.

Nope, I think there will be plenty of stock unless they underproduce it for some reason.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

idk time will tell, I have yet to pick up mine and my local store only has 3 bottles also. The SA asked me if I wanted to put two on hold.

I just picked up a bottle at the bay, the second last one, I dont know why theres been so much hate on this guy, its really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin B Complex View Post
    I ask the SA about Pure Shot while in Debenhams picking up a bottle of Spicebomb. She looked at me blankly and then told me that the manager in charge of the Thierry Mugler line had "got a new one in" which I assume has to be Pure Shot? However, from what i've been told in the past, the Thierry Mugler commercial manager had decided not to stock Northern Ireland with any of the limited editions so unless this has changed, I dont know whether to believe the SA or not. I would love to see this get a UK release just to make it that little bit easier to get my hands on but I somehow doubt it will...

It's not unique or good enough to even be compared with these 3. Pure Malt, Pure Havane, and Pure Coffee all stood out in the gourmand genre. Pure Shot is in a fresh scent genre that has many fragrances that hands down beat it on smell, price, projection, longevity, and availability. The only reason to pick it up is to complete a TM collection.

i should probably get rid of this now........
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

I think it is very good and prices will depend on how limited the production run was.

It's not quite as good as PM, TOF, etc... but IMO it's close.

Just picked up my bottle a few hrs ago, I dont see this being hyped up tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNY View Post
    Collectability has more to do with supply and demand than quality. It will all depend on how rare Pure Shot will ultimately become. B*men (whether one considers it to be good or bad) is still widely available, making it less valuable to a collector. A true collector will want the unicorn of the group, regardless of its percieved quality.
    Right Said!!!

I think I've answered my own question, I went on ebay just curious if any one is selling pure shot and if so what is the price. What do I see. Some guy is selling it for $153.00 !!!!!!! Get out of here, if anyone buys that......I have nothing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck21 View Post
    I think I've answered my own question, I went on ebay just curious if any one is selling pure shot and if so what is the price. What do I see. Some guy is selling it for $153.00 !!!!!!! Get out of here, if anyone buys that......I have nothing to say.
    yeah thats just crazy, its not even discontinued lol

duplicate...

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    Huhu! Nice collection! Congrats!
    Thanks! Malt and Havane are by far my favorites.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

If it suddenly disappears from the shelves then it'll join the ranks of the hyped. That being said I don't think it even deserves the "Pure" tag. Such a "meh" release.

Quote Originally Posted by pawful View Post
    i doubt it but who knows.
    +1.

I think the loss will be only for Mugler Pure line fans. For other people (who seek something fairly unique with good projection and a nice trail) it is forgotten already - common, it barely reach the 3 hrs longevity mark, not to mention the lack of something new-special-unique thing. Just my two cents...
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day"..... I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Fall: | Gucci PH | Cacharel Nemo |
    YSL M7 | LAP L'Eau du Navigateur | Guerlain Heritage | YSL M7 OA | T.Mugler Pure Havane | Terre d'Hermes | Armani Attitude | T.Mugler B*Men | Lancome Miracle Homme | T.Mugler Pure Wood |

Plain and simple - hell no.

Is Sunessence sought after and hard to get? Nope, cause its about as bad as Pure Shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Plain and simple - hell no.

Is Sunessence sought after and hard to get? Nope, cause its about as bad as Pure Shot.

Only for diehard collectors IMO.

no. it's not even a headturner
    my blog : bonnygonggrijp.blogspot.com

Lalique Pour Homme

Depends, quite likely, on both the future limited availability, but also possible future hype around this fragrance, and if these factors are successfully combined, this scent might have the chances to become a minor collectible (or even more).

No way. It is by far the worst creation in the Mugler Pure line up.
    It is just as bad as Sunessence.
    I still regret the day that I blind bought Sunessence.