Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Pasha/Tsar/Jazz

  1. #1

    Default Pasha/Tsar/Jazz

    It has been noted by some that these three frangrances have a similiar vibe. How many agree with this comparison, and which one, in your opinion is the better selection. I realize that they are not exactly the same, and are perhaps worthy of having all three, but if you were choosing just one... Thanks for your input!

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios
    Posts
    133,622

    Default Re: Pasha/Tsar/Jazz

    Have all three and I enjoy all three but of the three I prefer Pasha

  3. #3

    Default Re: Pasha/Tsar/Jazz

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Have all three and I enjoy all three but of the three I prefer Pasha
    +1. Pasha > Tsar > Jazz

  4. #4
    Dependent CHSeifert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    2,015

    Default Re: Pasha/Tsar/Jazz

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Have all three and I enjoy all three but of the three I prefer Pasha
    Ditto +1
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

  5. #5

    Default Re: Pasha/Tsar/Jazz

    I have not tried Pasha but prefer Jazz to Tsar.

    I've mentioned it before - I just do not get the comparisons between Jazz and Tsar.

  6. #6
    Surfacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    A Day Dream
    Posts
    4,586

    Default Re: Pasha/Tsar/Jazz

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamp View Post
    It has been noted by some that these three frangrances have a similiar vibe. How many agree with this comparison, and which one, in your opinion is the better selection. I realize that they are not exactly the same, and are perhaps worthy of having all three, but if you were choosing just one... Thanks for your input!
    I do agree with the comparision. I had the "a-ha" moment last week when I finally got to sample Pasha.

    If I could choose just one, it would be Pasha ( but only if you are paying Hamp, as it is kinda pricey ). I find Tsar to be kinda.....meh. Pasha seems like it was made better. And then there is Jazz, which kinda makes me upset in the opening. The dry down isn't bad, but I don't like that opening at all. It has a sourness to it.

    I just mentioned this in another thread, but Safari for Men can also be on this list as well ( and would be #2 in choice for me behind Pasha).
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Midnight in Paris EDP, Feeling Man, Essence of John Galliano, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

    Seeking decant/sample of PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man, Comme des Garcons 2 Man, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.

    More HERE
    Please PM me !

  7. #7

    Default Re: Pasha/Tsar/Jazz

    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    +1. Pasha > Tsar > Jazz
    +1. Jazz is more difficult at its opening.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Pasha/Tsar/Jazz

    Pasha is the best. Tsar is good, but not quite as rich as Pasha. I'm not too keen on Jazz - it has a dirtier vibe than Pasha or Tsar.

    Agree with the comment above that RL Safari For Men would come in behind Pasha but ahead of Tsar.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Pasha/Tsar/Jazz

    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGallacher View Post
    Pasha is the best. Tsar is good, but not quite as rich as Pasha. I'm not too keen on Jazz - it has a dirtier vibe than Pasha or Tsar.
    This.

  10. #10
    Dependent Oupavoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,371

    Default Re: Pasha/Tsar/Jazz

    Pasha for sure

  11. #11

    Default Re: Pasha/Tsar/Jazz

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I do agree with the comparision. I had the "a-ha" moment last week when I finally got to sample Pasha.

    If I could choose just one, it would be Pasha ( but only if you are paying Hamp, as it is kinda pricey ). I find Tsar to be kinda.....meh. Pasha seems like it was made better. And then there is Jazz, which kinda makes me upset in the opening. The dry down isn't bad, but I don't like that opening at all. It has a sourness to it.

    I just mentioned this in another thread, but Safari for Men can also be on this list as well ( and would be #2 in choice for me behind Pasha).
    Thanks for suggesting this comparable. I wore Safari when it first came out in the early 90's and recall really enjoying it, but I have not revisited it since then. I'll have to refresh my memory.

  12. #12
    Dependent CHSeifert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamp View Post
    Thanks for suggesting this comparable. I wore Safari when it first came out in the early 90's and recall really enjoying it, but I have not revisited it since then. I'll have to refresh my memory.
    It's a nice frag,Safari, I just got the 125 ml EDT and the juice is from April 2011 - checked via serial number, but the projection and spillage from Safari is very poor, unfortunately
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

  13. #13

    Default Re: Pasha/Tsar/Jazz

    these 3 are indeed somehow similar so it's a justified comparision! I enjoy all 3 but Tsar is my favorite, followed by Pasha

  14. #14
    ToughCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southlake, Tx
    Posts
    3,057

    Default Re: Pasha/Tsar/Jazz

    Always loved Pasha. It is one fragrance that when you wear it, it exudes class...to me at least. Beautiful richness to it.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

  15. #15
    Dependent lovingthealien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    1,349

    Default Re: Pasha/Tsar/Jazz

    They're all kitchen-sink aromatic fougeres. I like the dry, bitterness of Tsar.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Pasha/Tsar/Jazz

    Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Always loved Pasha. It is one fragrance that when you wear it, it exudes class...to me at least. Beautiful richness to it.
    Completely agreed.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lavras
    Posts
    226

    Default Re: Pasha/Tsar/Jazz

    Pasha.

  18. #18
    Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago / Iowa
    Posts
    10,878

    Default Re: Pasha/Tsar/Jazz

    I love (or at least, like) all three. All three are somewhat closely related because of an inherent fougere structure, but vastly different at the same time.

    Pasha - the one I tried around 2012, had a beautiful mellow richness about it, supported by a tinge of menthol in the beginning.

    Tsar is perhaps my favourite of the three. A lush 'green' fougere, if there ever was one. This one is still excellent in its current version.

    Jazz is the most elusive of the three - a futuristic minty fougere with a surprising degree of abstraction. Perhaps it is also the most 'modern' among the three.


    Safari for Men - another excellent fragrance, but I don't see it as closely related to the other three as those are among themselves.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Pasha/Tsar/Jazz

    Enjoying all three and seconding the opinion favoring Pasha most out of all three, although the competition for the second place between Tsar and Jazz is quite a close as well from a personal perspective, since both of these fragrances have their fair share of classic "green notes" suaveness

  20. #20

    Default Re: Pasha/Tsar/Jazz

    Out of the three I prefer Jazz and find that Pasha is very similar. Tsar is in the same vain but a lot greener that the other two.

    1. Jazz
    2. Tsar
    3. Pasha

    but I love all three
    Last edited by Milan SRB; 24th August 2016 at 11:42 AM.

  21. #21
    Moderator
    rum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,370

    Default Re: Pasha/Tsar/Jazz

    Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    I love (or at least, like) all three. All three are somewhat closely related because of an inherent fougere structure, but vastly different at the same time.

    Pasha - the one I tried around 2012, had a beautiful mellow richness about it, supported by a tinge of menthol in the beginning.

    Tsar is perhaps my favourite of the three. A lush 'green' fougere, if there ever was one. This one is still excellent in its current version.

    Jazz is the most elusive of the three - a futuristic minty fougere with a surprising degree of abstraction. Perhaps it is also the most 'modern' among the three.

    Safari for Men - another excellent fragrance, but I don't see it as closely related to the other three as those are among themselves.
    A nice summary there!

    I agree Safari needs to be included here and I would say it is closer to Pasha of the three. I much prefer Safari as the opening aldehydes are really unique to my nose. Then the Caribbean spices open up and eventually it dries down to a gorgeous fougere.

    I think Tsar must be my second favourite of the three - 'lush green fougere' is a great description. Jazz I have struggled to get along with even though it's the one I've owned most out of the three.
    YSL M7 vintage | various minis
    UK Sales Thread | UK Swap Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Pasha, Tsar and Jazz.
    By Oslo-Fjord in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 8th June 2012, 08:22 PM
  2. Jazz vs Tsar
    By zliang in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 8th December 2011, 10:13 AM
  3. Tsar or Jazz?
    By Mic in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 6th April 2006, 06:07 PM
  4. Pasha Eau Genereuse + Pasha Eau D'Hiver
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM
  5. Tsar or Jazz?
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000