Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which one do you prefer?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rochas Man

19 70.37%
  • Azzaro Chrome

8 29.63%

Default Fragrance Battle of the Day (3/30/14): Rochas Man vs Azzaro Chrome

Battle of the cheapies. Which one do you prefer?

Rochas Man
    vs
    Azzaro Chrome
    Gym scent of week: A*Men Pure Havane

My gym hates me

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Fragrance Battle of the Day (3/30/14): Rochas Man vs Azzaro Chrome

Rochas Man, though I don't see any correlation between the two.

Rochas
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Rochas Man
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Another plus for Rochas Man

The OP selects a fragrance out of his signature and then randomly selects something that is totally unrelated. That's all these battle threads have in common.

Sent from Richard's Ipad

Rochas man

Chrome.

I can't stand femininely sweet fragrances like Rochas.
    Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 30th March 2014 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    The OP selects a fragrance out of his signature and then randomly selects something that is totally unrelated. That's all these battle threads have in common.

Sent from Richard's Ipad
    This.
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

Rochas Man.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Sent from Richard's Ipad
    Neither of these two is in my signature.

My gym hates me

Rochas Man fo sho. God I hate Chrome. Smells like somebody spilled bergamot oil on paper or something.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    Neither of these two is in my signature.
    Chocolate chip or twinkies.

Sent from Richard's Ipad
    Last edited by silentrich; 30th March 2014 at 11:00 PM.

Which is better? A snowplow or a motorcycle? The motorcycle? Well, there's a foot and a half of new fallen snow blocking your driveway. Good luck with that motorcycle. On the other hand, on a summer day, the snowplow is useless.

THIS.

Comparing Chrome to Rochas Man is ridiculous. One is a dark gourmand. The other is a bright summer citrus. On an 80 degree day, which would you prefer? On a 40 degree night, which would you prefer?

These threads are spam. Better comparisons could be made by throwing darts at a wall filled with names of fragrances.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Chocolate chip or twinkles.
    As an optimist, I'd take the chocolate chip cookies. But twinkies could survive the apocalypse, so maybe they're the wiser choice. Hhhmmmmm...

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    As an optimist, I'd take the chocolate chip cookies. But twinkies could survive the apocalypse, so maybe they're the wiser choice. Hhhmmmmm...
    LOL! Twinkies all the way.

Not sure why everyday there is a battle of the day. I have not read many, but every time I see these, I laugh, because most are polar opposites, so do not understand what the battle is all about.

Sent from Rich's iPad mini.

Rochas Man by far

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Not sure why everyday there is a battle of the day. I have not read many, but every time I see these, I laugh, because most are polar opposites, so do not understand what the battle is all about.
    There isn't really a battle of the day. It's just one guy who starts a thread each day. You should glance through his threads for a laugh at fragrances he thinks are somehow comparable.

Kouros vs Midnight in Paris
    Curve vs Green Irish Tweed
    Black Oud vs Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme
    ...LOL!!!!!

Rochas Man... Not even close to me!!!

Stop whining L'Homme. There is a reason why not all basketball games can be Duke vs UNC. You don't have to click this channel. There are Aventus threads here to keep you occupied

My gym hates me

Blog Entries

I honestly have no problem with this type of polls -- it is black and white; subjective; a nice break from the heavy-duty discussions; it is silly, in a fun way if you don't take it too seriously.

Voted Rochas Man, as mentioned before. Blind-bought it and liked it immediately. Chrome was a recommendation from a salesman before joining BN, an impulse buy, but I got tired of it after just a few wearings. Got compliments from both.

Rochas Man

Cappuccino deliciousness, Rochas Man hands down!

Rochas Man! Great fragrance that I need to reach for more often!

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    Stop whining L'Homme. There is a reason why not all basketball games can be Duke vs UNC. You don't have to click this channel. There are Aventus threads here to keep you occupied
    True. The better rivalry is Kentucky vs. Louisville! UK Final Four!!

Ps. Your fragrance battles are weird.
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

Really a tough battle for me, I like both!
    But I'd rather go with my very early signature scent, Azzaro Chrome....!
    My current top 10 (with no particular order):
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Dior Fahrenheit
    Costume National Scent Intense
    Terre d'Hermes EDT
    CK Eternity for Men
    Creed Aventus
    YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme (Old Tin Can)
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt
    Costume National Homme

I don't even wear it anymore, but Chrome any day over that.