Code of Conduct

Default Take A*Men and remove the chocolate note and add a dose of orange note and you got Terre D'Hermes

While wearing my sample of Terre D'Hermes for the 2nd day in a row... I realized that Terre D'Hermes smells like A*men without the chocolate note and add the orange note... that's what I get out of Terre D'Hermes... do you get the same?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: Take A*Men and remove the chocolate note and add a dose of orange note and you got Terre D'Herme

Not at all for me.

Default Re: Take A*Men and remove the chocolate note and add a dose of orange note and you got Terre D'Herme

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Not at all for me.
    +1
    Purely my opinion... I am a fan of Terre d'Hermes but to me A*Men smells like liquid garbage.

I don't see any similarities personally. Take a men, take out the heavy tar opening, take out the patchouli and the creamy gourmand qualities in the dry down, add vetiver, dirty citrus notes, flint and a touch of pure earth. You have taken everything that is amen out of amen and now created terre d'hermes. But you can do this with any two fragrances that are opposites.

For the record ill take TdH.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Patchouli. Terre feels like A*men in cooler/colder weather, when (I've noticed) the patchouli in it becomes more prominent. In summer Terre is nothing like it. In fact it's nothing like any other thing I've smelled.

All said, I'll take TdH over A*men anyday. Smooth, natural, versatile. And fills you with confidence.

Not to me. Own and love both of them.

No way. That's an insult to Terre d'Hermes.

I don't really see the similarity, but to each their own.

I find A*Men far more unique and interesting. Both great scents though. Dont see much similarity.

Based on your analogy, all scents would be similar to other scents in a way or another .

So i don't agree with you .
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CityFan21 View Post
    I don't really see the similarity, but to each their own.
    this ^^^^^^^^^

I can't see this comparison at all

No........
    Also, do you get a quarter for every thread or something??
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

No.

Maybe but you'd have to remove more notes than chocolate from A*Men.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

No freakin' way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

A scary thought I'm glad I dislike both of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    I don't see any similarities personally. Take a men, take out the heavy tar opening, take out the patchouli and the creamy gourmand qualities in the dry down, add vetiver, dirty citrus notes, flint and a touch of pure earth. You have taken everything that is amen out of amen and now created terre d'hermes. But you can do this with any two fragrances that are opposites.
    While I love Terre d'Hermes, I very much dislike A*Men, so my short answer is: no way !
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day"..... I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Fall: | Gucci PH | Cacharel Nemo |
    YSL M7 | LAP L'Eau du Navigateur | Guerlain Heritage | YSL M7 OA | T.Mugler Pure Havane | Terre d'Hermes | Armani Attitude | T.Mugler B*Men | Lancome Miracle Homme | T.Mugler Pure Wood |

On a similar note, if you take the tobacco and vanilla notes out of Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille and replace them with pineapple and smokey leather, it would smell just like Creed Aventus.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Either OP has a bad nose or is just trolling?
    My top 16:

1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

Don't see it. I do wonder though that if you took the oud out of Pure Oud and substituted coffee what that might give you??

Sur la Plage

Please do not drink and sample fragrances.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Please do not drink and sample fragrances.
    Hehe, I agree. Not such a good combination.
    "The most beautiful sea hasn’t been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasn’t grown up yet. The most beautiful days we haven’t seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I haven’t said yet…"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

Not really, maybe only if the chocolate note is taken away and, aside from orange, much more vetiver is added

Sorry, Not at all...

Blog Entries

Not to me. The thought didn't even cross my mind until I read the thread title.

Take the chocolate note out of A*men, and you are going to have something that smells a bit like B*men.
    Renato

I tried A Men Pure Shot yesterday.
    After 10 minutes or so, it reminded me strongly of TdH.

I don't find much similarities between regular A Men and TdH, though.

not to be have both and enjoy both. Its interesting how every nose is different :P

Hey man.....I totally see this.....I know it was hard for me to believe at first but i TOTALLY agree with you
    Its like amen without the vanilla, creaminess, harsh note
    Terre dhermes is like orange mineral with a little bit of amens drydown

Not even close, I like A*Men, TDH is boringgggg

You're kidding right...? April Fool's? Please...

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post

For the record ill take TdH.
    For the [updated] record two years later I do not like either of these fragrances now, but this thread is weird.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

you dont like terre dhermes? why is that?

Not even remotely close
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

and if you take the Aldehydes, Spices, Pink pepper, Sandalwood, Tobacco, Violet, Vetiver, Juniper, and Cypress notes out of Chanel's Sycomore, does anyone else get "water"?

Maybe it's just me...

haha loll....Maybe its just me that gets it ........ it a faint similarity but it is there

Take A*Men out of the box. Now put Terre d'Hermes in the box, and now you have Terre d'Hermes
    Gym scent of week: A*Men Pure Havane

My gym hates me

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Take the chocolate note out of A*men, and you are going to have something that smells a bit like B*men.
    Renato
    +1
    To my nose, B*Men is a stripped down version of A*Men.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    I find A*Men far more unique and interesting. Both great scents though. Dont see much similarity.
    Reverse this for me and agreed, nothing alike at all, not even close. But I've seen and made worse comparisons. Lol