Code of Conduct

Default Ralph Lauren Polo Safari - Eau de Toilette strength, REALLY ??!!??

I just got the 125 ml Polo Safari, and I wanted to know if anyone else thinks this is not Eau de Toilette, but rather Eau de Cologne strength - it's sooooo weak on my skin

I just checked the serial number on http://checkcosmetic.net/ and it says mine were made in April 2011 - based on the strength of this I would have guessed it would be a fake or made back in 2000

I'm sniffing it right now - have sprayed 8-10 sprays on me, 2 on the same place on my arm - and I almost can't smell it. Just to make sure, my nose is OK - I also sprayed 1 spritz of YSL Jazz (what was next to the Safari on my shelf) and I can really smell that. But the Safari, while being a very nice gentle scent - it's sooooo weak........

Is my juice okay....or what ?
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Default Re: Ralph Lauren Polo Safari - Eau de Toilette strength, REALLY ??!!??

Tried it recently, didn't find it weak. Can't comment on longevity as we didn't get on that well.

Can't speak to the one in question, but I have found with other scents that some EDTs can are noticeably weaker or at least seem to be weaker than one would think.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Can't speak to the one in question, but I have found with other scents that some EDTs can are noticeably weaker or at least seem to be weaker than one would think.
    Meaning that they may still project a lot more than you think or that batches just vary and I might have gotten a bad batch of Safari ?
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Double post...............
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

I never ever thought Safari for Men was strong. It definetly leaves me wanting in terms of radiance and longevity. That being said, I don't get your assesment that it is really a cologne strength and not edt. There are many edt's that just last a few hours ( 3 or 4 hours). Although with 8 sprays or more, you should be okay ( aside from annoying people in the first couple of hours of your SotD).

I find Cartier Pasha to be similar in the dry down. However, it is a fragrance that wears close to the skin ( but longevity is a bit better).
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

My bottle of Safari is from 2000. It is nowhere near as weak as you describe.

The aftershave splash version isn't as strong as other aftershaves, but it too isn't as weak as you describe.

Try test it on a piece of paper, just in case your skin is doing it in.
    Regards,
    Renato

Dependent

Sounds like you got a fake to me

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Sounds like you got a fake to me
    The serial number is on the sticker in the bottom of the bottle. Checked it and it's legit. From April 2011. But since it's not engraved in the glass bottle but on the sticker - you have me worried

On the other hand - if the people, whho makes the fake Safari put legit serial numbers to the bottom of each of the fake bottles, he has to have a legit for each fake he makes - this just does not make sense at all.

So my bottle is legit - since the serial number is legit and comes up when you check it on http://checkcosmetic.net/

Can any Safari owners confirm that the serial number is NOT engraved into the glass bottle ?

Also it's from fragranceX - and I paid $96 for the bottle. Sure you can't be 100% it's not fake, but based on all this, I can't see it being a fake.......honestly......
    Last edited by CHSeifert; 14th March 2012 at 08:50 PM.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Can someone help me with my problem? I inherited a bottle of Safari when my grandpa passed away and the code on the bottom doesn't come up on checkcosmetic.com. The code is not engraved, it is in white lettering. Code is GT045. I highly doubt this is a fake and I am pretty sure the bottle is from pre 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by colognejunkie2000 View Post
    Can someone help me with my problem? I inherited a bottle of Safari when my grandpa passed away and the code on the bottom doesn't come up on checkcosmetic.com. The code is not engraved, it is in white lettering. Code is GT045. I highly doubt this is a fake and I am pretty sure the bottle is from pre 2005.
    Is the code on the little sticker glued to the bottom of the bottle, like mine ?
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

I have never had a problem with longevity with Safari.....You might have a fake!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    Is the code on the little sticker glued to the bottom of the bottle, like mine ?
    Yes, my code is on the sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    I have never had a problem with longevity with Safari.....You might have a fake!!!
    Gary
    But the code I have on my Safari is listed at http://checkcosmetic.net/ - how can it then be s fake ?
    Also as colognejunkie2000 states, his Safari has the same sticker on the bottom of the Safari with the serial number.
    And if anyone know how the Safari bottle looks like - it's a very complicated bottle design to make a fake from and mine looks flawless made - everything is very detailed on it, from cap to bottle to the metal plate on the front of the bottle.

And how can it be a fake, when the serial number is listed on http://checkcosmetic.net/ ?!?
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking