Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default JAR Bolt of Lightning, Chypre Palatin, Invasion Barbare

* Your split will not be atomized.
    * Oxygen in the bottle will be replaced with inert gas.
    * A full accounting of all price components will be supplied.
    * If a decant is involved, I will post a video of the process.
    * The original bottle will be made available to one split participant, either the person taking the largest share or one selected at random.
    * I cannot be responsible for lost or broken items during transit, although I will certainly do my best to help you if something goes wrong. I have given away my own portions of splits for broken items. If you want delivery tracking, you will have to pay the additional cost.

This is not a business. It's a community service. We share the liabilities just as we share the cost.

Note: The size of this split was authorized by stuigi

• -orchid74---------- (3ml) SHIPPED 10/25
    • -vortex------------ (3ml) SHIPPED 10/23
    • -Ascella------------ (3ml) SHIPPED 10/25
    • -A.W.-------------- (10ml @ $322.70) SHIPPED 10/23
    • -andreas2x-------- (3ml) SHIPPED 10/25
    • -Jody Johnson----- (3ml) PICKED UP IN PERSON
    • -------------------- (3ml)
    • -zr0e--------- (2ml @ $63.85) SHIPPED 10/23

• -firehorse---------- (15ml @ $288.29 with local pickup) - PICKED UP 10/10
    • -waterlily---------- (3ml) SHIPPED 10/24
    • -pinkjewel---------- (3ml) SHIPPED 10/24
    • -Andreas2x-------- (3ml) SEE B.O.L.
    • -orchid74---------- (3ml) SEE B.O.L.
    • -Ascella ----------- (3ml) SEE B.O.L.

There will be no more splits from me going forward. The rules change faster than I can keep track of. The latest change to the rules has put me in violation of policy mid-split. And I have been disqualified from hosting more than one split at a time. When you host rare/expensive scents that sometimes take months to fill up, this is totally impractical. Thank you, that's enough for me.
    Last edited by Beranium Chotato; 25th October 2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Original Tabarome, Musc Ravageur, Lys Mediteranée, Portrait of a Lady

Default Re: JAR Complete Line of Fragrances

Very interested.

I may reserve 5 slots myself.

for swap/sale:

Let me know shipping prices to the UK please , I might be interested .... Thanks

How much is the cost of shipping to Canada?

I might be interested in one split. Thanks

I'm checking on all the international shipping costs. Should have an answer by tomorrow.

I'm inquiring for:

* UK
    * UAE
    * Canada

These are all amazing. When would payment be due, Brian? I'd like some jarling but I'm essentially broke until the beginning of next month.

Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    These are all amazing. When would payment be due, Brian? I'd like some jarling but I'm essentially broke until the beginning of next month.
    It depends on how fast the splits fill up. Some splits take weeks. I will let you know before the last Jarling spot is spoken for.

Interesting, do they have a main site with note breakdown? Can you reserve more then one slot?

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Interesting, do they have a main site with note breakdown? Can you reserve more then one slot?
    No website. No pyramids. They are kind of secretive. This annoys a lot of people.

Here's a Basenotes thread discussing JAR pyramids.

Here's a comment left by Christopher Brosius (CB I Hate Perfume) about JAR and their lack of published notes on the Now Smell This blog:

And yes you can take more than one slot. But let me tell you a little goes a long way. I would probably think twice about taking more than one share.
    Last edited by Beranium Chotato; 14th March 2012 at 10:05 PM.

If any of you are members of Makeupalley, there are critiques of most of them there. I'll post the page,,,,but I don't think you can look at them unless you are a member. It's free!!

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...=Find+Products

If any of you are members of Makeupalley, there are critiques of most of them there. I'll post the page,,,,but I don't think you can look at them unless you are a member. It's free!!

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...=Find+Products

Sorry about the double post---I will take a split of Diamond Water and Jarling. Thanks!

The quote I got from FedEx for international shipping is $80. If anyone can recommend a different but reliable carrier that is more reasonable, I'd like to see if we can make that more affordable.

I once shipped to the Gulf via USPS international priority with all bells and whistles. It was a little cheaper but I think still above $40.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I once shipped to the Gulf via USPS international priority with all bells and whistles. It was a little cheaper but I think still above $40.

cacio
    This is exactly what I was going to suggest.
    I have bought several perfumes from the US and selected International Priority or was it International Priority Express. Arrives in less that a week and contains a tracking number too.

for swap/sale:

Ok. I'll price that out tomorrow. As long as it's trackable, I'm fine.

Ok good news for international shipping: USPS has trackable intn'l Priority Mail for $47.95. This includes the UK, Australia, and UAE.

Correction: International shipping is $42 extra because there was already a shipping cost built into the split price. Canada is $26 extra. This is a flat rate for anywhere between 1 and 7 bottles.

This is trackable and insured.

Default Re: Creed Windsor / JAR Complete Line

A bit of good news on the JAR splits. (This does not apply to Windsor because the bottles are too big.) I picked up a "Small Flat Rate Box" from the post office, and the metal tin I'm shipping in fits with plenty of room to spare. This means that international shipments can be made for only $18 extra (or $12 extra for Canada). I updated the main post accordingly.

Here is a better picture of the bottles and the shipping tin for JAR.

Received Windsor yesterday - Thanks!

I am beginning the process of executing the JAR split. There are still a couple slots available, which I will just reserve for trades if no one takes them. If you missed out on a scent that is already full, send me your name anyway. I can let you know if any slots become available from someone dropping out or not paying.

If anyone backs out of jarling, I'd be interested, thanks.

Wow, everyone loves Jarling! I will let you know if a spot opens up.

Quote Originally Posted by firehorse View Post
    If anyone backs out of jarling, I'd be interested, thanks.

Thanks Brian - the bolt of lightening is nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by firehorse View Post
    Thanks Brian - the bolt of lightening is nice too.
    After spending some time with several of them, that's the one I feel most strongly about. If ever a fragrance "went to 11", it's that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    After spending some time with several of them, that's the one I feel most strongly about. If ever a fragrance "went to 11", it's that one.
    I've only tried it once but it's been haunting me since. Do you think it's unisex enough for a woman?

Ugh, can't believe I missed out on the Creed Windsor
    Hopefully there will be future Windsor splits!

Update on the JAR split: I have now received all payments and will be making the haul this weekend. I am going to hold on to the unclaimed spots in Golconda, Shadow, and Diamond Water until someone wants them (or I'll just keep them).

Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy
    My Top Ten:

1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

Default Re: Vintage Derby, Frédéric Malle travel sprays, JAR Shadow, Golconda, Diamond Water

Another update on JAR: some of the smaller orders will be shipping tomorrow. The remainder will be shipping toward the end of the week. Please let me know when you receive your item that it arrived without leaking; I have never shipped these 3ml bottles before, and I'd like some feedback before I start sending out the large sets. Thanks!

Default Re: Vintage Derby, Frédéric Malle travel sprays, JAR Shadow, Golconda, Diamond Water

I have sent out a message to everyone participating in Golconda. Its production is temporarily stopped, and the boutiques are out. They offered me an opportunity to buy a bottle of the vintage 80s formula for about twice the price. I am giving priority to people who already signed up and paid for the new Golconda; but PM me if you are interested in a slot. I suspect not everyone will want to pay the extra $.

Default Re: Vintage Derby, Frédéric Malle travel sprays, vintage JAR Golconda

My Jarling arrived with zero leakage! I don't think those little glass bottles would leak at all. The roller is quite nice and stingy with the application, which is good for something this strong. I'm in heaven. It is so beautiful that it literally makes my knees weak. The drydown is definitely that same cockroach spray goodness I remembered from the boutique, but holy shit, what an amazing and unexpected opening it has! Gorgeous spicy carnation. It makes me salivate and I feel just a little drunk.

And thank you for the unexpectedly amazing extra gifts! All three of these fragrances make me want to die (in a good way). I actually picked up something specifically for you a few weeks ago that I think you would really like and I'll be sending it in the mail in a few days along with a few perfumes and some other strange things.
    My Top Ten:

Very good to hear it. Yeah, the rollerball is key. I love those things. I use the same 3ml bottles for my own use, and I think they will make the decant last for years.

Very good to hear it. Yeah, the rollerball is key. I love those things. I use the same 3ml bottles for my own use, and I think they will make the decant last for years.
    GOD, I hope so!
    My Top Ten:

Default Re: Vintage Derby, Frédéric Malle travel sprays

The complete JAR sets are now going out as well! JAR split is done. I reserved a couple of sets to trade or sell later. Thanks for everyone who participated.

A few of the later orders (placed last week) will go out Wednesday. A few of the 3ml bottles had wonky caps, so I had to get some replacements.

Default Re: Non-Atomized Splits: Vintage Derby, Frédéric Malle travel sprays

Vintage Derby split is now full.

Default Re: Non-Atomized Splits: Invasion Barbare, Frédéric Malle travel sprays

I am adding Invasion Barbare!

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Default Re: Non-Atomized Splits: Invasion Barbare, Frédéric Malle travel sprays

Great! Put me in for 20 ml of IB.

Default Re: Non-Atomized Splits: Patou, Invasion Barbare, Frédéric Malle travel sprays

Brian, you are the classiest of all splitters.
    My Top Ten:

Default Re: Non-Atomized Splits: Patou, Invasion Barbare, Frédéric Malle travel sprays

I would beg to differ. Heperd and Kron make very fancy bottles. I just have my ghetto labelmaker. Although that may change tonight. I need to slap something on those Derby bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    Brian, you are the classiest of all splitters.

Blog Entries

If you don't mind and it's still available, Brian, please put me down for a PPH split. I really want to smell this one while I have the chance!

Got it, RP.

Guerlainista

Brian - I'd like a share of the Patou split.

Thanks.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am closing this until I hear from the OP. The minimum split on 90 ml. is 15 ml.

I am just going to delete the Patou PH split. The availability of the bottle is now questionable, and 3fl oz = 88.7ml. It's also vintage, and it's been my experience that vintage bottles often have are missing a few ml off the top (evaporation? I don't know why this happens so often). At any rate, 85ml-88ml is not easily divisible into 15ml splits, so I'd either be mis-representing the amount or I'd be pocketing the leftover; and I think either scenario would be shady on my part. I like to be totally transparent about what someone is getting in a split.
    Last edited by Beranium Chotato; 20th May 2012 at 04:34 PM.

Guerlainista

I'd be OK with a 15ml "nominal" split that's 1/6 of whatever is in the bottle. It won't be less than 14ml. Is that not acceptable, stuigi?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The split also did not fill up quickly enough to secure the $299 bottle. There are just too many variables here for me to ensure that everyone's going to end up happy.

Blog Entries

The split also did not fill up quickly enough to secure the $299 bottle. There are just too many variables here for me to ensure that everyone's going to end up happy.
    No problem, Brian. Hopefully another case dumps within the next year. I think this sudden availability may scare up enough prepared interest for a successful split the next time!

If I spot another bottle for a good price, I will let everyone know ASAP.

Default Re: Invasion Barbare, Carnal Flower, Lys Mediteranée, Musc Ravageur

Xmen was selling a large vintage tester of PPH for 60ish dollars on the sale board a few weeks ago. I wish I knew it was so valuable!
    My Top Ten:

Default Re: Invasion Barbare, Carnal Flower, Lys Mediteranée, Musc Ravageur

PM sent. I'll take the last Carnal Flower spot.

Default Re: Invasion Barbare, Lys Mediteranée, Musc Ravageur

PM sent. Interested in PPH.
    Sans parfum, la peau est muette.

Default Re: Invasion Barbare,Musc Ravageur, Lys Mediteranée, Portrait of a Lady

Original Tabarome signup list added.

Default Re: Vintage Tabarome, Invasion Barbare, Musc Ravageur, Lys Mediteranée, Portrait of a Lady

So wait...you only have 50ml of VT?

Default Re: Vintage Tabarome, Invasion Barbare, Musc Ravageur, Lys Mediteranée, Portrait of a Lady

Yup, just 50ml. I do have a lead on another 50ml tester but I don't know the price yet. For now, I just have this one.

Any update on the VT Brian?

Yes received the bottle and mailed most of them out today. Not yours though, sorry I have to take it to the PO for Canada. Hopefully tomorrow but maybe Sat.

Great thanks mate, can't wait to get it on the mail

Hi Brian - sent you a pm yesterday...if 30ml of Invasion Barbare is the minimum required to secure the bottle, I will go with that. Very glad Kron sent me your way...hadn't even noticed that you were doing this one.

Hi. I am new to Basenotes in general, and have never attempted a "split." I am not familiar with the lingo and can't tell from reading the threads whether Vintage Tabarome is still available. Can I get any? If so, what do I need to do next? Thanks
    Flint