Code of Conduct

Thread: polo blue

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default polo blue

one thing respectable about polo blue is that even when the aquatic melon scent dries down into the signature spicy polo scent, it still maintains a good amount of that aquatic scent in its base notes.

anyone else notice that?

Default Re: polo blue

the only thing I remember thinking the last time I wore it was that it just smelled salty during the drydown

I liked it, but melon was short lived for me and longevity not so great.

I own its the only polo that i would buy from there recent fragrances.

Sound Scents

I own it but have not worn it in ages (and won't be wearing it again, most likely). I blind bought it when it came out and was disappointed to say the least. I find pretty much nothing in common with the original except the parfumier and the name. Not worthy of the original Polo's heritage... Then again, none of the flankers are, IMO.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Not worthy of the original Polo's heritage... Then again, none of the flankers are, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    the only thing I remember...
    ...was that I barely had a drydown.
    "The most beautiful sea hasn’t been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasn’t grown up yet. The most beautiful days we haven’t seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I haven’t said yet…"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

The only think I remember from having tried this one is that I didn't like the way it smelled on my skin.

Polo Blue is ok, but I think the similar Calvin Klein Eternity Aqua is better. It has that same top note as Polo Blue, but holds its aquatic feeling all the way through instead of going to Polo Blues more herbal/fougere type drydown. Eternity Aqua doesn't get many mentions here, but it's easily my favorite CK fragrance (with Truth for men, and Shock being the only 2 other CK's I care for).

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    one thing respectable about polo blue is that even when the aquatic melon scent dries down into the signature spicy polo scent, it still maintains a good amount of that aquatic scent in its base notes.

anyone else notice that?
    This is indeed one respectable thing about Polo Blue.

Actually I gave Polo Blue another wear just the other day. This may be the third time I have tried to show some respect for this cologne and it failed. Three strikes and your out.

The melon note is very prominent and unpleasant to me. In addition, to my nose, the drydown deteriorates into an awful mess.

To me, Polo Blue is the kind of cologne that can absolutely ruin what could otherwise be a wonderful day.

TJ

I've always liked Polo Blue and found it to work well with my skin!!! Longevity is not an issue!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJuice View Post
    Actually I gave Polo Blue another wear just the other day. This may be the third time I have tried to show some respect for this cologne and it failed. Three strikes and your out.

The melon note is very prominent and unpleasant to me. In addition, to my nose, the drydown deteriorates into an awful mess.

To me, Polo Blue is the kind of cologne that can absolutely ruin what could otherwise be a wonderful day.

TJ
    +1 In fact, I don't like any of the Polo's I own: green, blue, black. Of the three though, I can at least tolerate green on occasion, since it does have that nice pine note and a bit of character. I would not by it again though, nor any other ralph lauren concoction.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srmd22 View Post
    +1 In fact, I don't like any of the Polo's I own: green, blue, black. Of the three though, I can at least tolerate green on occasion, since it does have that nice pine note and a bit of character. I would not by it again though, nor any other ralph lauren concoction.
    Ever try Chaps? The original Chaps that is?

I really can't figure out what happened to my love of Blue. When I first smelled it, I bought it on the spot and thought it was the best fragrance that I had smelt up until that point in my life...then I wore it for a long time, and then, one day the dry down smelled different to me and since that day it has never smelled as good as it once had. I really can't figure it out. Maybe my body chemistry changed on me from one day to the next because it still smells good on others, just not on me, but it used to...so, Blue is great...on other people other than me...sadly! Anybody else have something like that happen to them?

My favorite from the Polo line. Great for warm weather. The body wash smells even better.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

As stated Eternity Aqua does what Polo Blue tries to do, but just does it better.
    Eternity Aqua is one of the better Aqua scents out there along with Boss Elements Aqua.

I do own a 200 ml Polo Blue and received the 75ml Polo Blue as a gift - so I'm covered with blueness for a while, but honestly it smells pretty boring, safe and nice on my skin. Certainly nothing special at all - but very inoffensive, works nice for office wear during the spring and summer time.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Yes, I see what you are saying, kinda reminded me of Polo Sport, in that blue bottle. I do like Polo Blue, my hubs has it, it's good but ya, the aquatic, almost sporty vibe kinda of turns me away. But I do like it. I just prefer Double Black..now that's a good frag.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.