Code of Conduct

Default #6 Toronto/GTA Fragrance meetup, Sunday March 18th 12pm noon at Noor - Be There!

-
    (apologies in advance for the short notice....)

Hey Everyone!

You've probably got a PM on the way about the SIXTH Toronto Meetup, but just incase, here's the info below...

As has now become a tradition, the "Nosey Bunch" of Toronto are having another meetup and snifferoo and, of course, you're invited! Noor, a fabulous local boutique here in Toronto, is going to host us again - details for the meetup are below. Of special note – Noor will be MOVING at the end of the month, so this will be a bit of a send-off party for our old home base. So come on out and put some faces to the screen-names plus you may find some very special items and extra sales discounts!

If possible, please RSVP by posting here or through PM just to let us know if you think you’ll be there so we can get a sense of headcount for refreshment/food purposes. For those of you who messaged to say that you would have liked to but couldn't make it out, here's your chance.

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you there!
    M.C.

Details
    Date: SUNDAY March 18th, 2012
    Location: Noor Boutique, 176 Cumberland St (Yorkville - MAP), 416-928-0700 (http://noorboutique.com/). Nahla and Fred are the friendly owners
    Time: Around 12pm/Noon to about 3:30 or so, but drop by any time.
    To Bring: Yourself and significant others or family, any industry books or magazines, business cards, samples/decants/bottles to share/trade (it might be nice to do a sample swap while we’re there plus try some new things), etc

-
    PS – I’m just a customer at Noor and have no official affiliation with the store. They're just gracious enough to host us.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Why So Serious?

Default Re: #6 Toronto/GTA Fragrance meetup, Sunday March 18th 12pm noon at Noor - Be There!

Great news D! coincidentally, I will be downtown shopping in Yorkville with my wife this Sunday, the weather is off the charts on that day. However, i don't know if i'll be there at 12pm, maybe a little bit later, but hopefully you guys will be around for a little while at Noor, I will drop by as soon as i arrive downtown!

David
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Creed Spice & Wood
    5. Bond 9 Harrods Oud

Default Re: #6 Toronto/GTA Fragrance meetup, Sunday March 18th 12pm noon at Noor - Be There!

I'm in! Thanks for organizing Daniel!!
    Marta

I'm in!! Thanks D.

I'm in too!

Dang got work all day

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Dang got work all day
    Ouch! Or you could take a sick leave, come hang out with us then visit the Hermes boutique for some goodies. Sounds about right eh?

Thank you very much for the invite, but I’m afraid I’ve a previous engagement. How often do you get together? When is No. 7? Where is Noor going to reopen shop? Am I asking too many questions? :-)
    A thing is worth what it can do for you, not what you choose to pay for it. – John Ruskin

Last get-together was in November, so I think it's safe to say the next would be well into summer or even fall. I have no knowledge where Noor relocates to and when they reopen.

I guess the only thing left to do is put on the Thong Song and tear this place apart.

By which I mean attend, and act with both grace and dignity. See you cats there.

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX View Post
    Great news D! ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua218 View Post
    I'm in! Thanks for organizing Daniel!! Marta
    Quote Originally Posted by DNT View Post
    I'm in!! Thanks D.
    Quote Originally Posted by kanaires View Post
    I'm in too!
    Great! Looking forward to meeting/seeing you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Dang got work all day
    Aw, boo. Well we'll do another one in the summer so one of these days...
    Quote Originally Posted by Doji Dave View Post
    Thank you very much for the invite, but I’m afraid I’ve a previous engagement. How often do you get together? When is No. 7? Where is Noor going to reopen shop? Am I asking too many questions? :-)
    Lol, question away! I generally try to do these every 3-4 months or so, just depending on random timing. #7 will really just depend on if Noor 2.0 is up and running around June-August or if we'll just find another venue in the interrum. I believe Noor's people are looking at a few locations but nothing's set yet, maybe get on their email list for updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Slamwich View Post
    I guess the only thing left to do is put on the Thong Song and tear this place apart....
    By which I mean attend, and act with both grace and dignity. See you cats there.
    Sisqo, oh yeah. I wouldn't gone with Sir Mix-A-Lot, but each to their own...

Thank you very much! I'll try to come for this time, plus I never had a chance to visit Noor, too bad that they are moving...

I'll bring some of my creations (skincare and hmmm... perfumes & candles).

I hope to be there by noon but won't be able to stay longer than 1 hour maximum, I have to go back home quickly to continue to make cosmetics for an upcoming huge show in 2 weeks (4000 people), so I am crazy busy busy busy!!

Cheers!
    Les parfums, les couleurs et les sons se répondent (Charles Baudelaire)

The odours do not have a sex. Nothing is prohibited in a perfume provided that it gets pleasures! (Jacques Cavallier)

Hi Daniel (and everyone else!),

I sent you a PM, but I will confirm on here...I won't be able to make it this time, as I'm going to be at work making lattes . I hope to see you at the next meeting though, I was so excited...*sigh*.

Hope you all have a great time!!

Dig this, kids. Photos from the event.

It should be accessible to the public. If you're having trouble viewing them, let me know.

great seeing y'all there. Stay tuned for another event in the upcoming months and feel free to PM me directly if you'd prefer to be on the email list (BCC's)

Hi, I just read this post. What a good idea. Could I receive a private message for the next event? Thanks! Martin

Hi Martin,
    Sure, added you to the list. If you prefer you can PM me an email address (I BCC everyone) to get the next announcement more directly.
    M.C.

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

double post

dern it!
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 10th April 2012 at 03:16 PM.