Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Very Sexy projecting better than Aventus....???!?? !?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It might just be me, but I remember back in the day when I used to wear Very Sexy as my signature fragrance, and I would always get compliments from people about how good I smelled.

Now, I have chosen Aventus to be my fragrance of choice for the spring weather, and I've gotten only a single compliment from someone besides my girlfriend. Even today, while driving with my sister (who is a huge Creed fan), and when I asked her if she could smell the cologne I was wearing, she said no... I had just applied it about 30 mins before!!!

As far as I know, this is a 2011 batch as well, so I'm really starting to wonder what the heck is going on....

Am I not applying the stuff properly? Am I not wearing enough?

What's the deal here! Help me out guys Very Sexy, an Eau du Cologne is more noticable than my EdP Aventus!?

Default Re: Very Sexy projecting better than Aventus....???!?? !?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People just react differently to different scents on others. Give it time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Very Sexy projecting better than Aventus....???!?? !?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    People just react differently to different scents on others. Give it time.
    have to agree with hednic, but will add what works on ones person skin may not work on yours, Aventus is very noticeable on be and last an easy 10hrs.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure this could've been just one instance.

There are other variables that effect perception, and hence, compliments -- say for example your demeanor has changed. Are you an intimidating savage?
    "The most beautiful sea hasn’t been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasn’t grown up yet. The most beautiful days we haven’t seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I haven’t said yet…"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

spray more ...

is it a full moon tonight ?

Post Thanks / Like

Aventus projects pretty well on my skin. I spent a day with my family yesterday and they could smell it loud and clear after 5 hours within 1m radius.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DNT View Post
    Aventus projects pretty well on my skin. I spent a day with my family yesterday and they could smell it loud and clear after 5 hours within 1m radius.
    How many sprays?

Post Thanks / Like

I use 4 sprays of Aventus, but this is from a 50ml decant from Kron and the sprays seem pretty heavy. I started with 3 and my wife couldn't smell it unless she was right at me so I moved to 4 which seems to works well. How many sprays are you using? Just add 1 until you get to where you want it.

Aventus probably just doesnt work on your skin, like it doesn't for me. I get the average projection and longevity that most people claim to get with any given scent EXCEPT Aventus. Aventus is probably one of the worst projection scent I have EVER used.

This was also in the winter months so I will give it another shot in the warmer weather. I hope it does better because I actually do really enjoy the scent but damn is it weak on my skin so far.

Aventus isn't my go-to fragrance to get compliments.

I would leave that to La Nuit, Dior Homme, and Edition Blanche.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't worry to much about it. Some days I could put on a gallon and still wouldn't smell it. Same with GIT and many others too.

GunnBBang

Funny, that most people here claim that they get lots of compliments.
    I wear Aventus, Rocabar, Amouage and other fragrances (inexpensive and expensive), but I have never get complmented by any women.
    Lots of people in my area use Le Male, 1 Milion, Aqua Di Gio and and, but they have never told me about compliments, because they didn´t get complimented like me.

Is it just normal in my area or in my country?

I gotta ask seriously whether you really tell true stories or just lie.

On my skin Aventus is way better.....Very Sexy is gone in an hour.....As always it's all subjective!!!
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

So it really looks like its a mixed bag.

I think my problem is that I'm spraying from a small decant right now, and I only spray three times, whereas my VS was being sprayed out of the 100 ml bottle.

I'll have to re-evaluate this once I have my hands on the 4 oz bottle of aventus I ordered. I am beginning to think it's the sprayer that is a bit weak. I'll try adding a few extra sprays tomorrow to see if that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    How many sprays?
    I always do 3 sprays.

In case it doesn't work for you, you know who to unload ya?

Post Thanks / Like

All of my decants spray about half of a Creed sprayer. I say go for six sprays.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DNT View Post
    I always do 3 sprays.

In case it doesn't work for you, you know who to unload ya?
    Fellow Torontonian
    I'll let you know if anything, but I usually like to sell my bottles at a profit if I can, and I feel bad if I have to sell to fellow BNers :P
    It's how I fuel the addiction

Quote Originally Posted by racuda View Post
    All of my decants spray about half of a Creed sprayer. I say go for six sprays.
    Will do. This is a really tiny decant so that must be the problem....

I have batch #A42B11s01 and I did two sprays, one on the chest, and one on the shirt, picked up a friend an hour later, and also asked if she could smell anything and she said no I bought my bottle at the Creed Boutique in Dubai.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thespark View Post
    I have batch #A42B11s01 and I did two sprays, one on the chest, and one on the shirt, picked up a friend an hour later, and also asked if she could smell anything and she said no I bought my bottle at the Creed Boutique in Dubai.
    aw crap... that's the batch I got

Lol I guess we've both been done like kippers by Creed. There are farts with better longevity than this thing. In any case, alot has been said about how Creeds improve with age, so let's wait and see. Another gripe I have is the silver plating on the Creed logo on the bottle is peeling, had I purchased this online, I'd have been worried I had a fake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thespark View Post
    Lol I guess we've both been done like kippers by Creed. There are farts with better longevity than this thing. In any case, alot has been said about how Creeds improve with age, so let's wait and see. Another gripe I have is the silver plating on the Creed logo on the bottle is peeling, had I purchased this online, I'd have been worried I had a fake.
    It sucks because a lot of people have said good things about this batch. Crumbs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GunnBBang View Post
    Funny, that most people here claim that they get lots of compliments.
    I wear Aventus, Rocabar, Amouage and other fragrances (inexpensive and expensive), but I have never get complmented by any women.
    Lots of people in my area use Le Male, 1 Milion, Aqua Di Gio and and, but they have never told me about compliments, because they didn´t get complimented like me.

Is it just normal in my area or in my country?

I gotta ask seriously whether you really tell true stories or just lie.
    You have to be around people that will go and compliment you, it's not likely to happen just walking through a store or mall. Maybe at work, a group of friends, your family. But the way people are, they don't just walk up and say you smell good...

GunnBBang

Aventus is just a killer if it is about its projection and longevity. I have no idea, what batch-nr. I have, but my Aventus is great on my skin.

Are there any other fragrances, which have better and sexy projections than Aventus?

Better projection ? ---- Yes.

Sexier than Aventus? --- No.

Just my 0,02 Cent opinion.

GunnBBang

Aventus is just a killer if it is about its projection and longevity. I have no idea, what batch-nr. I have, but my Aventus is great on my skin.

Are there any other fragrances, which have better and sexy projections than Aventus?

Better projection ? ---- Yes.

Sexier than Aventus? --- No.

Just my 0,02 Cent opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

It's certainly different for everyone. Aventus just doesn't do anything on my skin. I cannot smell it and neither can anyone else and that's with a good 4-5 shots. Very sexy lasts around 30 mins which seems to be the norm for this fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    Aventus probably just doesnt work on your skin, like it doesn't for me. I get the average projection and longevity that most people claim to get with any given scent EXCEPT Aventus. Aventus is probably one of the worst projection scent I have EVER used.

This was also in the winter months so I will give it another shot in the warmer weather. I hope it does better because I actually do really enjoy the scent but damn is it weak on my skin so far.
    Aventus does a whole lot better on my skin in warmer weather
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Noir De Noir
    3. Musc Ravageur
    4. Bois D'Argent
    5. Aoud 1
    6. Aventus
    7. Ore
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Ambre 114

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    Aventus does a whole lot better on my skin in warmer weather
    I thought it would with my skin too but nothing. It is a real mystery to me and when nobody else can smell it either it's really frustrating!