Code of Conduct

Default Not faked? - M7 Oud Absolu

...So I decided the best way to decide on Oud Absolu was to give it a proper wearing myself. A seller on eBay was selling an apparently new bottle of it for a reasonable price, so I decided to go for it. I assume it is unlikely Oud Absolu is being faked? I generally avoid eBay in case I get sold a fake but I thought it was unlikely with this one. Am I right or wrong? The seller seems on the level and accepts returns, so I should be able to get my money back (from paypal at least) if it's a worst case scenario...

Anyway, if it turns out okay I'll let you know my opinion of this opinion-dividing release...

Dan.

Default Re: Not faked? - M7 Oud Absolu

Doubt it's a fake. Looking forward to the read.

Quote Originally Posted by >BOOMER< View Post
    I agree.....I doubt that this is fake.....I am also looking forward to Your review.....Gary

Not likely to be fraudulent.

After testing out Oud Absolu, I believe it is YSL who are distributing this as a counterfeit M7. Therefore, each bottle of OA is inherently a fake.

Quote Originally Posted by >BOOMER< View Post
    My feelings exactly. I have been buying fragrances on ebay for years with very few problems. At this point I do have a fair sized list of reputable sellers saved. If you are ever curious about the reputation of a fragrance dealer, pm me and if they are on my list I'll let you know. This list is by no means exhaustive, but I've narrowed things down to those I really trust. And yes I have purchased authentic Creed 4 oz from ebay...just have to know who you are dealing with.
    Last edited by Profumo Saggio; 16th March 2012 at 06:42 AM.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Thanks everyone. On the occasions that I buy fragrances from eBay I always get nervous something will go wrong (it did once!), but I thought I would be relatively safe with this one, seeing as it is not a very popular mainstream release.

Reading between the lines of the various conflicting reviews of Oud Absolu, I'm assuming (possibly in error) that it is going to be somewhat different to the vintage M7 formula, but actually quite close to the first reformulation. Most, but not all, reviews seem to suggest this. For me that would be fine as I actually like the first reformulation very much. I will not be worried if the intense bitter opening of vintage M7 is still missing, as that is not my favourite part of M7 anyway. However, if it turns out that the smoky, incensey, tangy, cherry coke-like sweetness of the first reformulation has been much toned down, as a few of the reviews suggest, I will be disappointed. We shall see...

Thanks, Dan.
    Last edited by Dan J; 16th March 2012 at 01:46 PM.

^ Look forward to reading your thoughts
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I just scored a bottle of M7 Oud Absolu for $50 on eBay. I can't imagine for that price, which is < half of what YSL's website has it listed for, anyone would be inclined to make fakes.

Most likely not, just make sure the seller has positive feedback and guarentees returns

Quote Originally Posted by spcmiller View Post
    I just scored a bottle of M7 Oud Absolu for $50 on eBay. I can't imagine for that price, which is < half of what YSL's website has it listed for, anyone would be inclined to make fakes.
    So, did you receive it and what's the verdict?
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.