Code of Conduct

Thread: PH for LIDGE?

Default PH for LIDGE?

Someone offered to swap a LIDGE for one of my many backups of PH that I was looking to get rid of. I love gourmands and am highly considering the swap since I am trading one limited edition for another.

I smelled Lolita Lempicka's Au Masculin and didnt really enjoy the licorice note. Will I be put off by LIDGE since I have heard it kind of smells like licorice too?

Default Re: PH for LIDGE?

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon24 View Post
    Will I be put off by LIDGE since I have heard it kind of smells like licorice too?
    I think you'll be fine. I'd do it.

I sure like having both myself. Need backups of both.

I don't get any licorice from LIDGE. You should be fine.

Basenotes Junkie

no licorice from lidge for me. just nice a nice citrus cocoa combination. sort of like la nuit with a bunch of cocoa. But i say you can sell pure havane for a higher price then just buy lidge for like 90

I dont get licorice either. However, I do prefer PH alot more over LIDGE and PH certainly has a higher market value than LIDGE.

You should do it! No- Brainer IMO!
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Dior Homme Parfum
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille

I don't get any licorice from LIDGE, and it doesn't bear any resemblance to LLAM so I wouldn't worry on that count. It is more a citrus/dusty cocoa scent, so if that sounds like something up your alley you should consider the trade.

ETA: I much prefer PH to LIDGE, so your mileage may vary on how much you end up liking it. And as others have said, the "street" value of PH is higher, so it may be financially prudent to just buy LIDGE and use PH as trade bait for other items.

I love gourmands and am highly considering the swap since I am trading one limited edition for another.
    Wait, LIDGE is a limited edition ???

^^^ I'm assuming it is?

Quote Originally Posted by luvinfragsguy View Post
    I don't get any licorice from LIDGE. You should be fine.
    No licorice at all. Never heard anyone getting that vibe from LIDGE.

Someone offered to swap a LIDGE for one of my many backups of PH that I was looking to get rid of. I love gourmands and am highly considering the swap since I am trading one limited edition for another.

I smelled Lolita Lempicka's Au Masculin and didnt really enjoy the licorice note. Will I be put off by LIDGE since I have heard it kind of smells like licorice too?
    A great trade indeed. LIDGE has very little citrus and a whole lotta cocoa. Very classy stuff.

p.s.
    ZERO licorice in LIDGE for me.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

^^^ I'm assuming it is?

I think it's availability is limited due to it only being available in Europe, but I never heard plans for it to be discontinued.

is PH pure havane? btw, LIDGE is not at all licorice..its truly gourmand stuff

LIDGE is a masterpiece, so my vote is to do the swap. However, that PH (Pure Havane?) could land you a few hundred dollars in a couple years on ebay...

PH is Pure Havane fellas.

I'm not sure I'd do this swap honestly bro. You could fetch more $ for PH, buy a LIDGE, and have cash to spare. Or sell a PH, and buy a luxe fragrance. I've sold 3 Mugler Pures in the last month, and I've bought some expensive fragrances with the money!

LIDGE is definitely a different ballgame than PH. The top notes smell kinda 90's and dated to me. It's not as gourmand is something like PH. I think it's a try before you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince23heat View Post
    no licorice from lidge for me. just nice a nice citrus cocoa combination. sort of like la nuit with a bunch of cocoa. But i say you can sell pure havane for a higher price then just buy lidge for like 90
    this
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

people are right about higher economic value of PH..in fact i have a sealed bottle of LIDGE..in fact I have three (two sealed ones) and if you want, i would swap sealed LIDGE with your PH any day because i dont have PH

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    .... as others have said, the "street" value of PH is higher, so it may be financially prudent to just buy LIDGE and use PH as trade bait for other items.
    this ^^^^^^^^^^^

PH is like $160 on Amazon and even more on eBay. I guess you could sell it on eBay for that much and buy LIDGE with $50 to spare.

How much spare PH do you have? Considering that PH will likely never be made again and LIDGE is still in production, I'd hang on to your PH stock. Take Pure Coffee for example. Yeah it was "re-released" but it was 5 year old stock and not new production juice. If PH gets re-released, it will just be the 2011 stuff anyway.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    You should do it! No- Brainer IMO!
    +1 This.

Two of my absolute favorites. No licorice note for me. PH will bring about twice the money though. Your Call...

Saw this trade on the Fragrance Guru Nation on facebook lol

^^^ Yeah buddy lol

I wouldn't do it. You can sell the PH for a conservative price of $150 easily and can buy LIDGE. There are multiple ways of acquiring it, the easiest is calling the Guerlain boutique in Canada. I've read from several credible source that they will ship it to the US for about $75 shipped. You can buy 2 LIDGE for the price of one PH . Exclusivity and versatility goes to PH hands down.

my .02
    Top 5 in rotation: Dior Homme, Pure Malt, Egoiste, Gucci Envy, Platinum Egoiste

Happiness is perfume, you can't pour it on somebody else without getting a few drops on yourself.
    -James Van Der Zee

Looking for large CAPS for M7, boss bottled #6, Bvlgari PH and YSL La Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRainbow View Post
    I wouldn't do it. You can sell the PH for a conservative price of $150 easily and can buy LIDGE. There are multiple ways of acquiring it, the easiest is calling the Guerlain boutique in Canada. I've read from several credible source that they will ship it to the US for about $75 shipped. You can buy 2 LIDGE for the price of one PH . Exclusivity and versatility goes to PH hands down.

my .02
    this^ you can get a very nice trade for PH and with LIDGE, I feel like you'd be losing on it

be smart

Basenotes Junkie

PH is worth about $10-15 more, but then you have to factor in the hassle of selling it. I say go for it.