Code of Conduct

Default Real or fake Escada Magnetism?

it just arrived in the mail today.

on the back of the box i noticed arabic writing, which threw me off.

despite it still being sealed, it feels really old, like it's been sitting on the shelf for a while..

Default Re: Real or fake Escada Magnetism?

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    Welcome!
    The photos aren't helping much. Look if there's a code number on the bottom of the box; something like 08254; 0X011; 7G01...
    the code is,

3 393670 001697

Its fake.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

more pics

and also, the shoulder part is loose.. feels like it can be easily ripped off.

the code vertically printed at the bottom of the bottle is 0185EE

No expert on detecting fakes, and not familiar with the smaller bottle, but it looks OK to me. Wouldn't think that this would be one that one would need to be on the look out for as a fake, but then again anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    Is there the same code on the bottom of the box?
    As Hednic said, it doesn't look like a fake to me either.
    yea, both the bottle and the box have the same 0185EE code.

i think its a grey market product. it looks real to me
    Top 5 in rotation: Dior Homme, Pure Malt, Egoiste, Gucci Envy, Platinum Egoiste

Happiness is perfume, you can't pour it on somebody else without getting a few drops on yourself.
    -James Van Der Zee

Looking for large CAPS for M7, boss bottled #6, Bvlgari PH and YSL La Nuit

Little known fact: Arabic writing always means it is fake. For instance, I used to think Egypt was a real place, then I saw their signs and newspapers were all in ARABIC! That threw me off, and now I know it isn't a real country. You should throw your bottle out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    Little known fact: Arabic writing always means it is fake. For instance, I used to think Egypt was a real place, then I saw their signs and newspapers were all in ARABIC! That threw me off, and now I know it isn't a real country. You should throw your bottle out.
    relax.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellFraiche:2497740
    and also, the shoulder part is loose.. feels like it can be easily ripped off.

That is totally normal. The bottle used for this fragrance is really on the cheap end.

I can read Arabic and it says "This is a fake bottle".
    Seriously though this is a grey market bottle meaning it was made for the Middle Eastern market and made its way to the US through a discounter. I'm not sure when this fragrance was discontinued but don't worry I'm sure you got the real deal. It was never popular enough to be faked.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Looks legit, like everyone else mentioned probably a grey market bottle.

It's real. Everyone is messing with you...the fragrance market in the middle east is very large. Sometimes you get a fragrance from there. Same stuff. I have the same thing, it's the same as yours. Vertical code, cheap feeling bottle, if the fragrance smells right you got the right stuff. Enjoy it.

Thank you everybody :]

After having this on my skin for some hours now I can say that I really enjoy the scent, and I do kinda get the grape soda vibe that some people are saying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    Throw it to me! I collect all the fake fragrances that have Arabic on them. Some are so fake, they have Greek, Russian, French and other "foreign" languages, too! I will generously send you a 1.5-mL sample of Brut in return, but I guarantee that it is real!

PS - shipping not included. You pay.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmellFraiche View Post
    Thank you everybody :]

After having this on my skin for some hours now I can say that I really enjoy the scent, and I do kinda get the grape soda vibe that some people are saying.
    Good deal!

I have that scent, too, and the cheap bottle is just like that, with the wonky metal thing at the top. Even my Terre d'Hermès has a slightly loose metal plate at the top. Metal/glass junctions on fragrance bottles, other than the sprayer attachment, are generally not that good.

Real!
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

hahahahahahahaha!
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

its real man. how much did you get it for?
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Beleieve it or not I once purchased a fake before, the Box is completely cheap looking, it has that holographic look on it but it doesn't have that light purple gradient going through the middle, the center of the sprayer was white and not black as yours displays. I have a real one so I compared the two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalJester View Post
    Beleieve it or not I once purchased a fake before, the Box is completely cheap looking, it has that holographic look on it but it doesn't have that light purple gradient going through the middle, the center of the sprayer was white and not black as yours displays. I have a real one so I compared the two of them.
    I believe it. There are fakes for most mainstream releases ( which includes Creeds). I shake my head when someone says " LulZ...WHyz aNyONES FakEZZ VerSSACCEE dREAAMER...." . If they are selling it in perfume stores and is reasonably a decent seller....yes, there will be fakes.

THe OP here made a pretty dumb assessment. Foreign writting has nothing to do with anything. Neither does a bottles seeming "old" or as though it has been on the shelf for a long time.

Anyways, thanks RoyalJester for sharing. It is important for people to know that there are fakes of all fragrances out there, Escada included.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

escada magnetism mens 3.4edt, real or fake?

I read a '12 post on how to id fakes and found it quite useful. Just like that post about a fake as was responded by reply. I have the same indications as that fake and none of the indicators of another reply, tending to confirm a second case as real, vice fake. My box bottom also has the bar code number 3393670001697 and no printing on the bottom of the bottle. The substance seems quite weak and watered down. Can you confirm real or fake from my independent description, or if my info is compared to previous post since '12 through present? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Its fake.

Hi & welcome, k11rc!

Please could you upload some photos to this thread - we'll delete your other posts on the same question.

Thanks!

my pics are identical to thos 2012 posts for comparison. box bottom bar code 3393670001697, no printing on bottom of bottle and all other packaging indicators seem identical to this or those previously posted. thanksl

additionally, the fragrance is very similar, if not the same, but it is weak, no lasting power and seems to be watered down, more like a weaker aftershave in an edt marketed bottle. thanks.